Quantcast

Friday: Armistice & Veterans Day GMT

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Its just a Friday here in Germany (a day commentating the end of WWI isn't much of a thing here), but I'm off chilling and doing some bikey maintenance.

Cheers to my fellow Vets.

(USN Seabees '83-'93)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Happy Veteran's Day Monkies!

Today involves much work but yesterday involved much this:

From the Muskrat River Trail with @Montana rider from about 8.300 feet. It was a super fantastic trail, the best XC descent for me since moving to Montana, one of the Top Ten for Montana rider.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Trying to power through today, with perhaps a night ride tonight.

Riding tomorrow, solo or with others, I don't care but I'm going out on an adventure. Someone else is working on plans for a group ride on Sunday...at a place that we've tried to visit a few times this summer, but because of rain or other crap they were cancelled. I've personally been waiting at least 10 years for someone to give me a tour of this place......IT BETTER FREAKIN' HAPPEN.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Happy Veterans day to all the V Monkeys. Last night was a good old fashioned riot downtown. I caught the 3:30 bus because they were getting together across the street from the office at 5. People lost they damn mind.

<edit>
We made it very clear that ours was a movement born out of love, infused by peace and inhospitable to those that would put us all at risk in the name of actions that are inflammatory, divisive and strategically ill-conceived. That remains our goal.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'd like a refund on the clock change please (being an immigrant I can't even ask for a refund on the election).

I'd much rather have the daylight in the evening for riding, it would help with spotting the local kitty cats. This was taken half a mile from home on a trail I use most days.

4df29801782cd8288be0473e57a94360.JPG.max800.jpg

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I was pretty sick until about midnight last night. Then elder kiddo got the pukes. I'm here at work, though, since I feel a bit better and because I don't want to have to pay back sick time next week.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I love getting new toys at work.

Time for a poop break.

I'd like a refund on the clock change please (being an immigrant I can't even ask for a refund on the election).

I'd much rather have the daylight in the evening for riding, it would help with spotting the local kitty cats. This was taken half a mile from home on a trail I use most days.

View attachment 123885
Not much scale in that pic, but that thing doesn't look like one of jonkranked's kitties. :eek:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Walked into my coffee joint. Overheard a customer and employee discussing a binder-clipped document of a few dozen pages. It's talk of California leaving the union. It looks like there's even talk of Texit. What a way to start my day. I should Irish up my coffee.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
has anyone concentrated catnip and put it in aerosol form? like a catnip version of pepper spray
I buy the good stuff from Saturday Market and my cat goes apeshit for that stuff. She doesn't care too much for the store bought stuff, but the hippie stuff makes her crazy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I buy the good stuff from Saturday Market and my cat goes apeshit for that stuff. She doesn't care too much for the store bought stuff, but the hippie stuff makes her crazy.
i have a couple plants floating around in my various garden planters. our cats are all indoors, so occasionally i will pick some and give it to them.

the local outdoor cats seem to make a daily stop at it during the summer :rofl:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Happy Veteran's Day Monkies!

Today involves much work but yesterday involved much this:

From the Muskrat River Trail with @Montana rider from about 8.300 feet. It was a super fantastic trail, the best XC descent for me since moving to Montana, one of the Top Ten for Montana rider.
Rolling shutter artifact makes Toshi's eyes bleed. Get a GoPro Grip and report back to me on how it works so that I can plan my own purchase. :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Rolling shutter artifact makes Toshi's eyes bleed. Get a GoPro Grip and report back to me on how it works so that I can plan my own purchase. :D
Hmm. I like the sounds of that.

My biggest question is how they get such high quality video uploaded to Youtube. Do premium user accounts unlock additional options? I usually import clips into iMovie then export at the highest quality possible but uploading to Youtube seems to crush my efforts regardless of what I do.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I agree that my videos are the suck but with the sun so low and my hack skills... it is what is. The sun glare bothered me the most.

I am hinting very strongly for grip for Christmas. If only RM Secret Santa were a pyramid scheme..

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I served my country - but I did not have a choice. :busted:

Rode this afternoon. It was uber windy outside, and slow on lotsa leaves. Still a good ride, beats sitting on a couch every time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I served my country - but I did not have a choice. :busted:

Rode this afternoon. It was uber windy outside, and slow on lotsa leaves. Still a good ride, beats sitting on a couch every time.
THIS.

But, that wind is probably what will keep me from riding tonight. I don't want to get bonked in the head in the dark by a falling tree branch.....yeah lets go with that excuse. :D

But tomorrow's ride is a go and it won't be solo! We are starting at noon, too, so I might even squeak a quick ride down one of the hills nearby where we are riding. yay.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pukey Pukington aka my Cat. Decided that she was so hungry that she had to eat a whole stick of Irish Butter foil and all. Trip to the vet was required as the foil got stuck in her throat. Foil wrapped puke. Joyous to clean up.

La de da cleaning up puke.... La de da cleaning up puke... Fucking ding dong cat...

(cleaning up puke song...)