Quantcast

#### Friday day two at home GTM ####

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yesterday I was going crazy and so were the kids but now I think I can see a way for the next two weeks. I need to get a monitor from work or my back and neck will break from just sitting at the laptop. Mobilized the kids to as the house quickly turns into a mess now we are home so much.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Also forced WFH. Already observed a pattern: people that in real life do not listen until you are finished also not read their e-mails to the end. Awesome thing now is that their reply to all showcases their stupidity.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
raining heavily.
got a trail map contract for a nearby trail network. that will pad my fun fund.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Also forced WFH. Already observed a pattern: people that in real life do not listen until you are finished also not read their e-mails to the end. Awesome thing now is that their reply to all showcases their stupidity.
I am sure you are not surprised. Stupid carry over to all communication formats.

How about your research?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yesterday I was going crazy and so were the kids but now I think I can see a way for the next two weeks. I need to get a monitor from work or my back and neck will break from just sitting at the laptop. Mobilized the kids to as the house quickly turns into a mess now we are home so much.
We've been allowed to self implement WFH. I'll be starting on Monday, got a cheap desk and setup a more formal work station at home.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Is it weird that I'm secretly looking forward to being required to stay home more and some of the only things we can do as a family is go for hikes and ride bikes in the woods?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
THAT DOESN'T SOUND VERY CAPITALIST TO ME
I buy milk directly from the farmer down the street and veggies from any number of local farms during the growing season. I do however vaccinate my family, play occasional golf, and use napkins.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Is it weird that I'm secretly looking forward to being required to stay home more and some of the only things we can do as a family is go for hikes and ride bikes in the woods?
You kidding? As a consummate introvert, I wish for this every day. Not the global pandemic part, more the being asked to stay home and enjoy the solitude of the woods.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
You kidding? As a consummate introvert, I wish for this every day. Not the global pandemic part, more the being asked to stay home and enjoy the solitude of the woods.
I do too, I enjoy my children participating in Little League and other events but it's been ruling my life for some time now. A forced break is needed and welcome. My kids love hiking and mtn biking we just don't always have time to go. I love being home and working on my house and yard, chit chatting with the neighbors and playing basketball in the driveway.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I am sure you are not surprised. Stupid carry over to all communication formats.

How about your research?
Yeah, no surprise there at all. But hopefully the leadership realizes that with these folks as well now.
We had to shut down all experiments as we are not allowed to enter the building. Not sure why as I would consider it pretty safe without all the students there. My project students are stressed out/pissed as so far the deadlines for their theses have not been extended (we are discussing this ATM). Now back to recording voice overs for the lectures and keeping the students busy with online stuff.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Unfortunately my parents are in that cohort. :(
Mmm, it's easy to be casual and callous about the coronavirus clearing out boomers and old folks and the benefits that will have, but we would do well to remember that they are still people. They are our parents and our grandparents, aunts and uncles, even a bunch of monkeys fall into that category. Adds a bit more context when it's not just a faceless mass you arent necessarily wishing death on, but also not not wishing death upon.

Are there benefits to riding the world of a chunk of the population? Sure. But I'd hate to be dickish enough during my time here that 40 years from now, when another pandemic arises, theres a generation of kids saying fuck those old bastards, let em die.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mmm, it's easy to be casual and callous about the coronavirus clearing out boomers and old folks and the benefits that will have, but we would do well to remember that they are still people. They are our parents and our grandparents, aunts and uncles, even a bunch of monkeys fall into that category. Adds a bit more context when it's not just a faceless mass you arent necessarily wishing death on, but also not not wishing death upon.

Are there benefits to riding the world of a chunk of the population? Sure. But I'd hate to be dickish enough during my time here that 40 years from now, when another pandemic arises, theres a generation of kids saying fuck those old bastards, let em die.