Quantcast

friday gfm thread

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i know yossarians screen name is from the book catch-22....and not having read the book....i watched the show on hulu.....what a turgid skid mark leaving pile of excrement.....

otherwise....raining.....patiently waiting on used fuji gfx 50R prices to come down....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
shredded a kayak trolly tire and had to get the old one off the plastic rim and install the new one. Much cursing was involved . The bead on 3" tires does not easily stretch

work schedule indicates that I will drive over 250 miles today

Plan on riding dirt tomorrow

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Had a new lamp in the entrance installed today. Found it on Etsy of all places.

E01C6578-2B6F-4ED2-B76C-F87149B83D4D.jpeg

Trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the day. Maybe another movie. It's been a slow vacation.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hopefully, although the job I spoke about last week got filled before I could interview for it. My passive job search will soon become a more aggressive one.
I have never had good success with passive job search at least not for finding a job but was good preparation to gauge the market, get better at interviews and figure out what I really wanted to do.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin.

Made mac n cheese for dinner last night, nothing too fancy as I've never made it from scratch before.

Today I shall bake some bread and continue job searching. Yay...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Should be a nice and quiet day today. Since I got booted from my original cube to make room for a new hire, I am now at the opposite end of the building. While it's dark and quiet on this end, I am further from the coffee pot.

I do have a less used shitter near by, so that's nice. I also parked in the Columbia Sportswear employee store overflow parking sice the new cube is near that door.

Only 7 moar hours to go.......

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I am le sore. Made two passes in Mirkwood yesterday, totally worth it. Back home now. Coffee it nao! Dog is extra pathetic this morning, long walk is owed.

i know yossarians screen name is from the book catch-22....and not having read the book....i watched the show on hulu.....what a turgid skid mark leaving pile of excrement.....
I've attempted to read the book twice, and while it's wildly funny in parts, there is just something about it that I can't quite put my finger on that makes me never finish it. I *think* maybe it's actually a really depressing book and it just has that vibe throughout. I've never seen the movie.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I've attempted to read the book twice, and while it's wildly funny in parts, there is just something about it that I can't quite put my finger on that makes me never finish it. I *think* maybe it's actually a really depressing book and it just has that vibe throughout. I've never seen the movie.
Ditto. I actively try to read classic literature, but I just could not get going with Catch 22. I struggled enough on my way through the vernacular in A Clockwork Orange.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I rode in this morning. It was cold upon my face. Nevertheless, I persisted

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
LOL, holy shit.

Appears that no one has checked our mail in a couple weeks. Our mail man must fucking hate us. On the other hand, surprise secret Santa from @stoney!

Thanks man, you didn't need to do that.
I knew I had them somewhere and I found them while I was going through boxes of shit for MikeD.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mornin.

Made mac n cheese for dinner last night, nothing too fancy as I've never made it from scratch before.

Today I shall bake some bread and continue job searching. Yay...
Use fancy cheese - extra sharp cheddar, gouda, and fontina are a good combo

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Use fancy cheese - extra sharp cheddar, gouda, and fontina are a good combo
We have been doing that with grilled cheese. There was an article about using mayo to grill your cheese and while it still seems a little odd and doesn't brown the same as butter, it's actually really good.

I made a large batch of tomato soup and we have been doing rando cheese combos to go with. Grocery Outlet has an awesome selection of cheeses.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
On hold with the State trying to figure out where my PFL checks are at, goddamn it I hate dealing with the government. Makes me want to move to Nevada and become one of those crazy Libertarians who protest the BLM and shit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
On hold with the State trying to figure out where my PFL checks are at, goddamn it I hate dealing with the government. Makes me want to move to Nevada and become one of those crazy Libertarians who protest the BLM and shit.
we'll start mailing dildos and gummy dicks now

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We have been doing that with grilled cheese. There was an article about using mayo to grill your cheese and while it still seems a little odd and doesn't brown the same as butter, it's actually really good.

I made a large batch of tomato soup and we have been doing rando cheese combos to go with. Grocery Outlet has an awesome selection of cheeses.
Fat makes everything taste better.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Still raining. Getting a nice lunch here in Brevard and then going to take a quick walk with the dog to a waterfall. No riding unfortunately, dont want to deal with anymore muddddd.