Quantcast

friday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
scratching another band off the bucket list.....train ride to see stone roses at madison square garden....

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning monkeys, haven't been on here much in the past few weeks. Weather forecast is finally looking like Spring time in the ROC. Dusted off one of the bikes yesterday and did a small solo ride after work. Felt good to finally get out and stretch the legs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In my own office today. It feels good to sit in my own chair.

Now question of the day, does the chair form to my ass or does my ass form to the chair? :clue:

And I just dropped the HR manager's brand new out of box iphone 6 onto the tile floor. SWEET.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In my own office today. It feels good to sit in my own chair.

Now question of the day, does the chair form to my ass or does my ass form to the chair? :clue:

A

Statically indeterminate. Depends how hard yer ass is.

In the big picture you just conform to the system, pawn.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Last night really sucked
We lost Kozmo, He passed in our arms. Ruth and I are quite upset. It was quick and at least we were both with him. RIP little guy you brought us much happiness in your 8 years with us

not fair.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Eric, sad to hear about your puppy dog. :(

I woke to heavy wet snow this morning, the kind that will make the trails unrideable for at least a week. Bummer.

On the good side of life I've scaled in at 175 for 3 days in a row, 25 more to go.

Off to rehab.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Snow tires are back on. Turn around time is down to 21min.

CEO and Divisional VP coming through today. Suit and tie is in play.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Shitload more digging last night. Trying to finish off those around home responsibilities early so I can eschew housework for funsies during good weather.

And @Nick, I think you had requested pictures of my awning contraption the other day.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Sorry @eric strt6 that sucks. I know you love those dogs.

fuckit friday has been postponed to next week due to both me and my co-conspirator having crap to do at work.

Outside lunch with beers is definitely on the horizon, as is possibly bagging work afterwards to go and throw dirt on some berms and finish my death stepup / stepdown . . .

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My condolences, Eric.

I am excited about mid-April snow. No, I really am. I like the ski-village ambience and the general mayhem it causes for idiots.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
FYI, when you dislike a post, it is actually a negative hit to one's RM profile, so you are basically kicking Eric in the nuts while he is down. You mean bastards.
We're disliking it because we don't like what we're hearing. It's a sad loss. Which is why he's getting positive reps, while we dislike the content of the post.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My condolences, Eric.

I am excited about mid-April snow. No, I really am. I like the ski-village ambience and the general mayhem it causes for idiots.
I would too, if it didn't involve me having to swap my wheels out again.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Listening to iTunes U course on critical thinking and arguments. I thought about the Monty P sketch as I was downloading it, and then the lady teaching the course started talking about that sketch.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Last night really sucked
We lost Kozmo, He passed in our arms. Ruth and I are quite upset. It was quick and at least we were both with him. RIP little guy you brought us much happiness in your 8 years with us

Near this Spot
are deposited the Remains of one
who possessed Beauty without Vanity,
Strength without Insolence,
Courage without Ferocity,
and all the virtues of Man without his Vices.

This praise, which would be unmeaning Flattery
if inscribed over human Ashes,
is but a just tribute to the Memory of
Boatswain, a Dog
who was born in Newfoundland May 1803
and died at Newstead Nov. 18th, 1808

When some proud Son of Man returns to Earth,
Unknown to Glory, but upheld by Birth,
The sculptor’s art exhausts the pomp of woe,
And storied urns record who rests below.
When all is done, upon the Tomb is seen,
Not what he was, but what he should have been.
But the poor Dog, in life the firmest friend,
The first to welcome, foremost to defend,
Whose honest heart is still his Master’s own,
Who labours, fights, lives, breathes for him alone,
Unhonoured falls, unnoticed all his worth,
Denied in heaven the Soul he held on earth –
While man, vain insect! hopes to be forgiven,
And claims himself a sole exclusive heaven.

Oh man! thou feeble tenant of an hour,
Debased by slavery, or corrupt by power –
Who knows thee well, must quit thee with disgust,
Degraded mass of animated dust!
Thy love is lust, thy friendship all a cheat,
Thy tongue hypocrisy, thy heart deceit!
By nature vile, ennobled but by name,
Each kindred brute might bid thee blush for shame.
Ye, who behold perchance this simple urn,
Pass on – it honours none you wish to mourn.
To mark a friend’s remains these stones arise;
I never knew but one -- and here he lies.

- Lord George Byron

Sorry for your loss Eric.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Stayed up till the witching hour playing video games thinking I'd sleep in, only to be woken up at 5 by the wife because the coffee burr wasn't working. PT cleared me for "short runs" yesterday so I Ran 5k @9:56 mile. Thought I was going to die. It's amazing how quick all that fitness goes right out the door. Winter weather is definitely on it's way, so the rest of the day will probably consist of moar video games. Probably take the dog for a walk now too. :(

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Neighbors coming over for dinner, oops better buy some beverages ASAP! Hope to get in MTB ride solo Sat & with Kid #1 Sunday.

Bought one of these ditties for the BMX...140 points of angry bees:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
It's 11:45 and I've already done all the work I plan to do today.

All that's left is to idly browse through a few journals and chat on the phone with a collaborator from UW who thinks the draft I did for a little commentary piece isn't focused enough on radiology. In response he sent another, unrelated piece he did, which I think is actually much less focused than my attempt! Hmph.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It's 11:45 and I've already done all the work I plan to do today.

All that's left is to idly browse through a few journals and chat on the phone with a collaborator from UW who thinks the draft I did for a little commentary piece isn't focused enough on radiology. In response he sent another, unrelated piece he did, which I think is actually much less focused than my attempt! Hmph.
Constructive criticism is just that... did you ask him to comment on your work or ask him to compare the two? Either way it should wait until Monday since your work week is done. :)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I'm not a big fan of spring snow, it's just a big slushy mess of blowing snow outside, good for the crops but meh for me. I'm making granola again.

My workout today went well, I "ran" for 20 consecutive minutes at a 13:20 pace and then hit a 10 minute mile. It felt fine to me but my blood pressure hit 202 over 85 and I was almost sent for an EGK, I did 15 on the bike and 20 on the eliptical with much lower reading so it seems I'll live. All in all I am pretty damn happy, a month ago such a modest mile seemed out of reach.