Quantcast

friday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if i were ever skinny enough to be a weight weenie and do a wetght weenie build....

Screenshot_20221223_030530_Instagram.jpg

believe it or not....the ti versions are not as pretty...

becareful out there....

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
@stevew you need to go back to sleep!

I think I am officially on vacation now. It's mild again today and I had planned to ride the spinning bike in the gym but I might just man up and go for a ride outside.

Also need to get all the food purchased for tomorrow as the big Christmas celebration in Denmark is tomorrow. Well if I had my way I would just cook the leg of venison and make a tasty stew. I am not a big traditionalist when it comes to Christmas food.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
-9* this am. Looks like we only got a couple inches. The “blizzard”was a lot of hype. Not surprised.
Have a carry in at work today. I tossed a nice salad, my coworkers say I’m the best salad tosser. So I’ve got that going for me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Incoming storm day here. It's been, which is supposed to suddenly freeze at some point this morning.

In other news, we can now track the snowplows in my town. Scoop Dogg is around the block.

Also this entire week I've been thinking that today is Christmas eve. Ughhhh.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
It's here!!! :panic:

The wind is furious!
Good thing we have nothing planned for xmas.

Stay frosty monkeys.

:wave:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Had some herbal tea for sleep last night and it fucked my sleep right up!
Had an arvo nap and a couple of night time beers and went on the hunt for some frogs and snakes, only saw one snake, a dwarf crowned snake, they are about as dangerous as a CHAV with no knife.

IMG_20221223_222637.jpg

IMG_20221223_222647.jpg

IMG_20221223_222642.jpg

I think this dickbag is a Cane Toad, if so, that is very very bad for the local wildlife.
EDIT- I think it is an Eastern Banjo Frog.
IMG_20221223_222656.jpg

EDIT- I had a dream that I rode to the local bike shop, for some reason when I got there I was wearing Rollerblades and all the decent bits on my bike had been swapped for shitty old stuff.
Tea is bad, mmmmkay.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
How'd it get to you before here? :rofl:

The news is really playing up the storm, we'll see if it holds true or not...
I saw yesterday that it was two systems colliding. The one from out west and the one creeping up the east coast. We're the rendezvous point.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Layla decided that now was a good time to use the bathroom after not using it all day yesterday. So, I'm awake, drinking coffee and studying. Parents should get in late this afternoon.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi fronds

big rain today, high winds, so WFH if I work at all. Apparently something like 50% of the kids at my kids school are out sick, including my son's teacher. There were 7/22 kids in my daughter's class yesterday. Both kids are now fine, but we were advised to keep them home for 3 days post-barf, so fuck school today. Not like anything will get done.

Work shuold be relatively easy, maybe book flights and hotel for my seminar.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yup.

Windy and warm here too. Got my first fat bike ride of the season in last night. Granular snow with a narrow (tire width) trail. Slipped off a few too many times, one of which crushed a nut. Which is still tender.

I don't really like fatbiking most of the time. I do it because it's something to do... But damn, when it sucks, it's really sucky. (Though when it's good, it can be amazing)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Freezing rain all night, so no morning walkies or I will bust my ass. California didn't have "freezing rain", that was a new experience when I first moved here. It happened like 2 months after I moved and fucked me up.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yup.

Windy and warm here too. Got my first fat bike ride of the season in last night. Granular snow with a narrow (tire width) trail. Slipped off a few too many times, one of which crushed a nut. Which is still tender.

I don't really like fatbiking most of the time. I do it because it's something to do... But damn, when it sucks, it's really sucky. (Though when it's good, it can be amazing)
Being on a bike is always a win. ;)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Wind and rain here too, power blipped at 630 which messed up everyone's sleep. I needed it too, it's hard work stomping your coworkers at bowling.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
it feels like kansas right now....

colorado people know what i mean...
BBQ-y?

:wave: hi all. making breakfast, NOT working, hopefully sell a pair of skis later, just basically chill.
tomorrow will be a crowded ski day if it warms up a bit.
oh yea, I have a giant steak to cook later, so I got that going for me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's currently 20 freedoms (feels like 10) and that's just unreasonable. I didn't move here for freezing temperatures. Makes you almost wish for global warming.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I think I accidentally purchased a Vesper hub on sale last night. :panic:
Cats are nervous, coffee is good, bread dough is proofing, time to get some kolache.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think I accidentally purchased a Vesper hub on sale last night. :panic:
Cats are nervous, coffee is good, bread dough is proofing, time to get some kolache.
On sale eh? Care to share where? I might need to have an accidently.
Might be Colorado Cyclist, someone posted they had them on sale on empty beer. I pondered but there wasn't a bike I've got that I need one on right now other than my 177 rear fatty.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
The powers that be have granted us plebes a half day today. I'll take it.

Obligatory weather update: 37 F and foggy. For the uninitiated, the Central Valley fog is legendary. You really should visit just to experience it.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Cracked filling yesterday means my dentist can afford one more stocking stuffer today. :disgust:
Why is there no warranty on these?
Last day of work but need to do stuff in between the years. :mad: