Quantcast

friday gfmt

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
my brain wont shut the fuck up

from the beginning..
I know the feeling I have had a lot of days like that lately. The best thing I can do is paint which takes enough focus so I can't run the brain and luckily I have a project to paint doors and moulding in the basement. Then I try to wear myself out so I can get some sleep.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Coffee and omelette. Second cup of coffee was a fail because I forgot to but the filter in the Aero Press and made a mess on the counter.

Also, much cold (for me), many wind. Wind sucks. Hopefully I won't be sneezing all day.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:wave:

"The Banshees of Inisherin" was pretty dark.
I didn't think it ended "great".
Saw this mentioned on empty beer. Not sure how reliable that store is, we shall see soon
Fairly sure I've used them, they've been around a long time.
o shit

local stache owner just lowered his price. Rigid singlespeed midfat 29er? Sure, let's fuck shit up
Not an expert at all, but I think I've read on empty beer that people have had trouble with the carbon stache running SS..mebbe...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I didn't think it ended "great".

Fairly sure I've used them, they've been around a long time.

Not an expert at all, but I think I've read on empty beer that people have had trouble with the carbon stache running SS..mebbe...
This one is aluminum, with the rigid fork. Sounds like there's some flex that causes issues with skipping while run singlespeed. I am an absolute fuckwit though, so I will probably only own it for like 4 months before realizing I don't like singlespeeding or something, as I am an idiot.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The snow is now blowing sideways and upways! They've even cancelled the afternoon shift at the plant here, so I guess its time to dip out and grab some beer (that I won't drink).

Girlfriend called me and she is already 30 minutes late for work. She said with the water freezing and whiteout conditions, it aint good out there. I told her to tell them to shove it, turn around and come home, its not worth the risk; perhaps not weather wise, but she has to drive further down in the city with all the asshat impatient donkey drivers.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. First day of vacation for me = baking day. Snickerdoodles, ninja-bread cookies, sugar cookies, peanut butter blossoms, thumbprints, fudge, christmas crack (already made), cornflake wreaths and maybe some mexican wedding cakes or mounds cookies. Also small one made hot cocoa bombs. Super fun!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Learned this at a holiday party a couple nights back:

"Coarse rye meal is commonly called "pumpernickel" flour, a German name that humorously refers to its occasional effect on the digestive system. "Pumpern" is the German word for "intestinal wind" and "nickel" is a word for demon or sprite."

:homer:
Why is it always about poop with the Germans? :confused: