Quantcast

friday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i never want to go through checkpoint e at CLT airport again....

talk about hostile cunts...

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Up early this fine morning. Been
Working on personal health insurance and other life items this week since I am now “self employed”. Bike ride on tap today as it’s supposed to hit almost 60. Then snow this weekend?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Supposed to be 56 up here and boy would I love to get out for a ride. Sadly have work and a sick kid to juggle so it's not going to happen. Feeling so physically drained lately that it's unlikely I'd be able to do much if I even had the time.

One of the work things we have going on is a mandatory fun event at the local indoor go-kart track. Maybe I can pull my best @stoney and win everything

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Supposed to be 56 up here and boy would I love to get out for a ride. Sadly have work and a sick kid to juggle so it's not going to happen. Feeling so physically drained lately that it's unlikely I'd be able to do much if I even had the time.

One of the work things we have going on is a mandatory fun event at the local indoor go-kart track. Maybe I can pull my best @stoney and win everything
Exit speed is everything. The traditional idea of hit the peak of the apex isn't true - your apex is about where you will exit the fastest. Only brake in straight lines. Once you start your turns, wait until apex to get onto the gas. And lastly, slow is fast. Slower hand movements. Slow in, fast out.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Finally broke down and bought components to rebuild my OG first gen I9 rear wheel. Dude at Industry said "we might have enough spokes in the back of the warehouse somewhere as long as you aren't too picky about the color", so it sounds like this is the last time. :(

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i never want to go through checkpoint e at CLT airport again....

talk about hostile cunts...
i've been going to checkpoint a recently. much shorter lines. also, screw their new system of having to "reserve" online ahead of time to park in the daily lot.

hanging at home today. 13yo is now sick and dishwasher install guy is coming at some point.

coffee on the porch and listening to hawks and other birds at the moment.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Finally broke down and bought components to rebuild my OG first gen I9 rear wheel. Dude at Industry said "we might have enough spokes in the back of the warehouse somewhere as long as you aren't too picky about the color", so it sounds like this is the last time. :(
back in the fall they got me sorted with a front hub shell for an OG j bend model (that i broke the flange on). also picked up a full bearing kit and some extra pawls while i was at it. I was up front about not being the original owner but they still gave me a really good price on the parts.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Woke up at 4:30am or some nonsense and never really fell back asleep again, until the precise moment my alarm went off.

Need to call the car place and ask when the frig it'll be ready. I've got some steel rims on deck for the winters, just need to get this ball rolling so to speak.

Coffee it now.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello peoples

WFH this afternoon then mountains. But first dropping off Baby Aya, returning two helmets to Evo, and seeing if Bentgate can nicely wedge my feet into a new pair of 50/50 boots. One boot to rule them all and in the darkness let me skin up Cranmer slowly, eh?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Couldn't sleep, so I got up early and made a trip to Home Depot to grab a few things. Walked away with a new shop stool for a whole $9.80, pretty happy about that.

Hoping for a quiet Friday so I can kick back and figure out WTF I'm doing with my life this weekend.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Bright eyed and bushy tailed!!! Gotta pick up sister at the airport at 530 tonight. Love the small airport as it’s quiet. Not sure what to do today.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It's better than watching him suffer. Still not easy or fun. Gonna miss the guy. Moses met a handful of monkeys which is cool.

Thanks for being here ya'll.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Exit speed is everything. The traditional idea of hit the peak of the apex isn't true - your apex is about where you will exit the fastest. Only brake in straight lines. Once you start your turns, wait until apex to get onto the gas. And lastly, slow is fast. Slower hand movements. Slow in, fast out.
Haven’t been around for a while due to work commitments. Did you end up picking something up?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, this is self-indulgent, but my Dad cast a very long shadow over some circles in New York Academia and the arts in the Upstates (and other places). Thought I would share his obit, he was an amazing dude. He left life as he lived it, with humility, humor, and grace. Absolutely no fear.
I won’t even say Rest In Peace, as he died in peace.

I am posting this here for some closure, as he elected to not have a funeral, but we will have a celebration of life this spring.