Quantcast

Friday GMT - no wingdings because slackers.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Signed up for another half-ironman in March. Time to get my shit together...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
gotta give a talk at 10. guess i'd better finish it...then i get taken to lunch. solo dad this wknd. let's see what kind of mischief the boys and i can get into

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Did NOT sign up for Iron Man anything but looking into Montana back country MTB epics for next summer. Based on what I became accustomed to in ND I'm gonna need a chef and chauffeur.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

Pondering the idea of some full moon night laps at my favorite local mountain tonight. Maybe some howling too.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning Monkies! Did NOT sign up for Iron Man anything but looking into Montana back country MTB epics for next summer. Based on what I became accustomed to in ND I'm gonna need a chef and chauffeur.
Don't forget the Scotch brigade!

Morning. Friday, yey. At the dentist, I apparently missed my original appointment when pedaling in deep trenches of Dakota. I am hoping for a daylight ride.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Before I went to sleep last night my wife rolled over in bed, looked me in the eye and said, "I can't look at you right now, your face makes me sick." Tell me how you really feel why don't you.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back at work today after spending half of Wednesday and all of yesterday in bed with a mind blowing headache and sore throat. Throat is still sore, but at least my brain doesn't feel like its going to explode.

Haven't swung a leg over a bike since Sunday. WTF.

Before I went to sleep last night my wife rolled over in bed, looked me in the eye and said, "I can't look at you right now, your face makes me sick." Tell me how you really feel why don't you.
:monkey:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just had a 2% position effectively go to 0. I don't really know how to react right now.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Signed up for another half-ironman in March. Time to get my shit together...
Atta boy.

Speaking of races, I've got a half marathon tomorrow. I haven't done a run-only race in five months so I have no idea what to expect. I've gotten stronger with my triathlon running, but I don't know how that'll translate to run-only. My only reason for doing this race is to get an idea of what to shoot for in my October marathon. I'll be happy with anything under 1:35 tomorrow.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Based on what I became accustomed to in ND I'm gonna need a chef and chauffeur.
In...

When I was driving back from MDH WTF?! I kept thinking about how much better riding we could find in 109 miles of MT singletrack and about "hosting" a 2017 Monkeyfest in SW MT and riding our faces off...

I envision drinking lots of beer...

Oh and 10 days or so of rides (2 weekends + a week in between) with short/regular and JPB/StiHacka/Full Trucker) length options for each day.

I haven't fleshed the rides out but we could easily fill a week+ with the "best of the best" rides within 2 hours of BZN -- many of which are threatened by WSA/eventual wilderness designations.

I'd be happy to grab campsites and do another Costco run (ahem, @TreeSaw @FullTrucker) and will try to post something up around April so monkeys have enough time re: plane tix/work obligations to make it happen around the last 2 weeks of August

I could even grab a few satellite (quiet) campsites to make it more "family friendly" if folks wanted to bring their mini-monkeys/spousal units out to Yellowstone/fishing/horseback riding/tubing the Madison...

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
went climbing last night, second time this week. getting back into the groove and starting to make some progress again. stoked.

after climbing went for wings and beers w/ my climbing buddies. good times.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Gunna do the Whiskey Off Road in Prescott next April, recently decided. Probably the 50 mile misery.

Also, working a full week is hard, I'm going to work a half day today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
In...

When I was driving back from MDH WTF?! I kept thinking about how much better riding we could find in 109 miles of MT singletrack and about "hosting" a 2017 Monkeyfest in SW MT and riding our faces off...

Oh and 10 days or so of rides (2 weekends + a week in between) with short/regular and JPB/StiHacka/Full Trucker) length options for each day.

I haven't fleshed the rides out but we could easily fill a week+ with the "best of the best" rides within 2 hours of BZN -- many of which are threatened by WSA/eventual wilderness designations.

I'd be happy to grab campsites and do another Costco run (ahem, @TreeSaw @FullTrucker and will try to post something up around April so monkeys have enough time re: plane tix/work obligations to make it happen around the last 2 weeks of August

I could even grab a few satellite (quiet) campsites to make it more "family friendly" if folks wanted to bring their mini-monkeys/spousal units out to Yellowstone/fishing/horseback riding/tubing the Madison...
You got my attention!!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
In...

I'd be happy to grab campsites and do another Costco run (ahem, @TreeSaw @FullTrucker) and will try to post something up around April so monkeys have enough time re: plane tix/work obligations to make it happen around the last 2 weeks of August

I could even grab a few satellite (quiet) campsites to make it more "family friendly" if folks wanted to bring their mini-monkeys/spousal units out to Yellowstone/fishing/hors
I could be in for that

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Run and dog walk accomplished. Left over stir fry and coffee now. I have been tasked with logistics and a last minute trip to Denver in support of wife/daughter girl scout troop. :disgust: Better get off my ass so I can beat traffic and be back in time to ride with @JohnE this afternoon.

In...

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Lizard people won't let me give you rep.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
In...

I would also like to subscribe to this newsletter.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Down two people at work today so I will be somewhat busy. I will still carve out time for you all, though. You're welcome.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah buddy! Anyone who's ridden in the bay for long enough should know that one (@stoney ). Chaparral at Joaquin Miller Park. You pretty much just pick a line and hold on through the ruts, rocks, and water bars.
Without watching the video, your description describes riding on the side o' a hill. :brows:

Chaparral? Let go of the brakes and keep your front wheel up. It will probably end well. Probably. What's the one just to the other side with the stupid rutted steps at the top? I hearted that trail.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Without watching the video, your description describes riding on the side o' a hill. :brows:

Chaparral? Let go of the brakes and keep your front wheel up. It will probably end well. Probably. What's the one just to the other side with the stupid rutted steps at the top? I hearted that trail.
Can't think of the trail your talking about unless you mean the one down by the creek. I mostly just session Cinderella and Chaparral when I'm there, and I don't do that often since hiker traffic is a problem on the weekends.

As for Side O' I haven't been there in years and I've heard various different things as to weather or not it's still any good. There was a bunch of brewhaha over that trail a while back. Pacifica is still fun as ever though! They put in a 360 (almost) berm. We tried to train 4 riders through it and failed, see :15 on the video.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Show up at Killington to find half the goddamned mtn is closed because 10,000 motherfucking Spartan racers need to out-fitness each other all over the fucking place.

Rode laps on the shitty trails that were open until strategic flirting with the lift wench produced info on how to access the goods.

Found an actual use for flow trails when we rode up one, combined with some hellacious fire roads, to the top of the closed lift and had the place to ourselves.