Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

In the wake of the layoffs we had yesterday, it looks like my job is still intact---whew, close call...but now I have to switch everyone around to compensate for the "drawdown." They're gonna hate this, but I'm sure they're also happy to still be working(I know I am).:wave:

On to lighter stuff: Got home and played with Colin for awhile until I started getting dinner ready--stuffed chicken breast with bacon, mozzarella, feta, bell peppers and garlic pesto....yeah, freakin' awesome. Justine caught up on some reading after Colin went to bed and I did some general maintainence on my bike. I've been beating the hell out of it at Nice Guy Mike's lately and it needed some TLC.

The weekend looks great---lots of football and basketball going on, so I imagine I'll be hanging around and checking that out.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

I waxed my truck yesterday just in time to have it rained on. I don't have to go in till around noon today, but then I have to go to Greenwich to look at a house with a castle on the property. The appointment is at 3, so by the time I'm done, it will be 4:30-5 and then I get traffic home. The hour and 15 minute drive will turn into over 2 hours.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Morning monkeys!

I waxed my truck yesterday just in time to have it rained on. I don't have to go in till around noon today, but then I have to go to Greenwich to look at a house with a castle on the property. The appointment is at 3, so by the time I'm done, it will be 4:30-5 and then I get traffic home. The hour and 15 minute drive will turn into over 2 hours.
Yup, that drive home is going to suck horribly...even worse if it's still raining.

'Morning, monkeys. I have to work all weekend while the wife goes skiing. :plthumbsdown: Well, at least I'll get to see some of the football games. I was supposed to have a half day today in order to attend a late holiday luncheon, but I've got to come back to work after for a couple of late Friday afternoon meetings. LAME. Focking corporate accountants. :disgust1:

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Morning, my son had his first Lacrosse practice last night and he was really excited after it. Not much going on today, but will head to VT for skiing and some football watching.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning,

I was right in the middle of setting up the tablesaw for cutting coves on crown moulding for the kids clocks after school yesterday when I got the call "are you leaving work soon" me "not yet..." Bek "well hurry cause Lily sh!t everywhere!" me "where?..." Bek "EVERYWHERE!!!" and she wasn't kidding...

when I got home, I had a ton of cleaning to do! about 5 hours worth! I don't know if there was 1 square inch of the floor that didn't need some sort of scrubbing! all this coming from a dog who has NEVER sh!t in the house even when she was an 8wk old puppy! :disgust1: my poor Lily... I hope she is feeling ok today! I can't clean up again... my back can't take it!

Have a good one monkeeees!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Mornin'. Day off and it's bike maintenance day! Picking up new tires from the LBS/Coffee Bar, the 650b tires for the cross bike project, then bleeding the DH brakes and putting in a bew BB for the FS bike! Too bad it's raining here and there'll be no riding of any of those! Well, maybe the cross bike.

GH, that chicken sounds mm-mmm-mmm. Well, minus bell peppers, but that's just me:busted:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
morning,

I was right in the middle of setting up the tablesaw for cutting coves on crown moulding for the kids clocks after school yesterday when I got the call "are you leaving work soon" me "not yet..." Bek "well hurry cause Lily sh!t everywhere!" me "where?..." Bek "EVERYWHERE!!!" and she wasn't kidding...

when I got home, I had a ton of cleaning to do! about 5 hours worth! I don't know if there was 1 square inch of the floor that didn't need some sort of scrubbing! all this coming from a dog who has NEVER sh!t in the house even when she was an 8wk old puppy! :disgust1: my poor Lily... I hope she is feeling ok today! I can't clean up again... my back can't take it!

Oh my goodness..........that's..........well..............ummmmmm............yeah, I don't know what to say, man...........that's just really, really bad. And you know the dog was just like "Look man.......I couldn't help it. You've been there.....I just don't have thumbs, or I would have gone outside.....you forgive me, right?"

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
morning,

Ugh. :dead: We leave our dog baby gated in our bedroom when we're not home. Twice we've let her have the whole upstairs and both times she's dropped a carpet bomb.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Oh my goodness..........that's..........well..............ummmmmm............yeah, I don't know what to say, man...........that's just really, really bad. And you know the dog was just like "Look man.......I couldn't help it. You've been there.....I just don't have thumbs, or I would have gone outside.....you forgive me, right?"
yep I felt so bad for her! by the time I got home she was outside. I went to see her and she was shaking and ashamed of herself! I kept saying "It's OK girl!" she is such a sweetheart that I felt bad for her that she wasn't feeling well!

IAB said:
Ugh. We leave our dog baby gated in our bedroom when we're not home. Twice we've let her have the whole upstairs and both times she's dropped a carpet bomb.
she has the kitchen, hallway, bathroom and dining room! she is gated out of the Bedroom (we have caught her lounging on our bed :busted: ) and the living room (she likes to lounge on the couches :busted: )

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I don't have to go in till around noon today, but then I have to go to Greenwich to look at a house with a castle on the property.
Brian bought a property on the east coast?

just got out of spin class, now i need to dig into my raspberry yogurt.

not much planned for this weekend, will probably try to organize my sprawling mess of a house, esp if the weather's crappy. and cook up some good food for the Pats game sat night.

greyhound, glad you didn't get the axe. :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I can not stand this place anymore. My boss made me a project manager with no one working underneath me. I can't do anything myself and can not get anyone else to do what I need them to do. Our arrogant corporate lawyers will not answer the phone or return an email. If you try to go see them they will close their doors and not answer. The only way to talk with them is to schedule a meeting and they always push it off two to three weeks. They will do no work, you have to write up all the legalese and have them review and approve. Of course this takes a meeting so even the simplest of things takes two meetings and 6 weeks.

IT is useless. No one knows how to do anything and our 'cases' just get moved around from one person to another.

The one person who I can actually get to do something talks so much you need at least 2 hours to even ask the simplest of questions.

I went to my boss for help and he just said I've been getting better results than he could. **** it.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Not much to report. Glad the weekend is almost here. Gonna order some parts today for the DH bikey. And still pumped about the concert tomorrow night. :thumb: That is all....

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. Not much to report. Glad the weekend is almost here. Gonna order some parts today for the DH bikey. And still pumped about the concert tomorrow night. :thumb: That is all....
What you gonna order? I am in the same boat with Tigg, making up my "annual" bike buying list, as well as a list for how the hell I'm gonna pay for these parts...looks like I have to sell more rare punk/hardcore records....

Rode the SS last night after getting the car fixed, cruised/did sets of sprints around the State Capitol, and my legs are sore as hell! Today = gym. Weekend = house stuff, maybe an XC ride and the beginning of mushed bananas for Ewan! Should be interesting.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
my gym opened a new location pretty close to me, but they went with Polar for all the cardio equipment - and their stuff pretty much sucks.

Due to the lack of snow I guess I'll end up doing a road ride this w/e.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Man.........Dang.........I hate having to do "the talk" with the temps when we have to let them go. I just turned two more back over to the Staffing Agency---we're now down to 10 employees. That's runnin' real slim, there. That's now all of our temporary employees gone and two part-timers axed in two days. It tears me up inside when I have to kill someones job like this---I mean, they have an agency finding them another job, but it still sucks.....I told Justine to pick me up from the bar later this afternoon. I'm going to need a few really tall beers after this day is done.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Man.........Dang.........I hate having to do "the talk" with the temps when we have to let them go. I just turned two more back over to the Staffing Agency---we're now down to 10 employees. That's runnin' real slim, there. That's now all of our temporary employees gone and two part-timers axed in two days. It tears me up inside when I have to kill someones job like this---I mean, they have an agency finding them another job, but it still sucks.....I told Justine to pick me up from the bar later this afternoon. I'm going to need a few really tall beers after this day is done.
I feel for ya man, that has to suck. :plthumbsdown: I'll have some beers for you tonight.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Morning tomorrow is the big one-th birthday for the boy. I spent all morning cleaning the house and getting ready for family. Family, some of whom have pissed me off.

My sister-in-law and husband are social idiots. We live in a tiny house with one bed room, a room for bikes and a cracker box sized living room. We invited them to come up for the birthday party and offered to make them a reservation at a nearby hotel (which I can get discounted at a very low rate) and there like, "Oh no, we want to stay at your place", to which we responded "we don't have a bed and we really don't have room", Then they say "Oh, we bought an inflatable bed" We kept on making up reasons why they shouldn't stay with us and they kept coming up with reasons why it was OK for them. Short of telling them flat out we don't want them to stay with us which would probably come across as being rude, I don't know what else to do, clearly they are clueless. To top it off they want to bring their dog. Freaking idiots.

One a friendlier note, this article was in the Raleigh N&O about my wife's Aunt and Grandmother (who died right before Christmas). Sweetest thing ever: http://www.newsobserver.com/138/story/863868.html

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I feel for ya man, that has to suck. :plthumbsdown: I'll have some beers for you tonight.
Hey thanks, Heidi.......my stomach is in knots right now. This kind of stuff really gets to me. I'm a real easy-going manager, and the guys would do anything for me if I asked them to--so that makes it even tougher to deliver the bad news. The only redeeming thing about the whole mess, is that I'm apparently pretty decent about giving bad news, because they all took it pretty well. Of course, I haven't gone outside yet to check my truck, so maybe I should expect some Patrick Swayze "Roadhouse" style damage with a stopsign sticking out of the smashed front windshield.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
and what about andyxoxox? or whoever was the name of the other christian/regular PWN forum guy. he was a good guy.
Yep Andy was a great guy who everyone respected. One of his last posts he was talking about starting his own youth church or something like that. My guess he has more important things to do now. Best of luck to him.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning tomorrow is the big one-th birthday for the boy. I spent all morning cleaning the house and getting ready for family. Family, some of whom have pissed me off.

My sister-in-law and husband are social idiots. We live in a tiny house with one bed room, a room for bikes and a cracker box sized living room. We invited them to come up for the birthday party and offered to make them a reservation at a nearby hotel (which I can get discounted at a very low rate) and there like, "Oh no, we want to stay at your place", to which we responded "we don't have a bed and we really don't have room", Then they say "Oh, we bought an inflatable bed" We kept on making up reasons why they shouldn't stay with us and they kept coming up with reasons why it was OK for them. Short of telling them flat out we don't want them to stay with us which would probably come across as being rude, I don't know what else to do, clearly they are clueless. To top it off they want to bring their dog. Freaking idiots.

One a friendlier note, this article was in the Raleigh N&O about my wife's Aunt and Grandmother (who died right before Christmas). Sweetest thing ever: http://www.newsobserver.com/138/story/863868.html
That is a lovely article!!!