Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Well thank goodness it's Friday......I think I'm with a lot of people when I say this has been one seriously long week. I don't what it was, but every day seemed like it just creeped along. That's fine if you're on vacation, but sux if you're slaving away for the man. :disgust1:

Boy-o-boy did I ever grill a perfect steak last night.....it must have been the 2-martini head start, because I was in the zone with the hot coals, baby!! I stuffed some tiny new potatoes with crumbled bacon and cheese with some steamed veggies and it was awesome!! Justine and I just hung out after Colin went to bed and had a few drinks and BS'ed for about 2 hours......

We're supposed to get a blast of Winter this weekend with Sun. not even getting over freezing, so we're going to have a dirt jump shaping session on Sat. and try to get the new line finished up.....looking forward to that indeed. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
****ing Friday...FINALLY! I've been on call this week and our associate in India who normally handles stuff overnight has been on vacation. I haven't had one full night of sleep in the past 7 days. To top it all off it's also a patch deployment week so all the stuff that doesn't work after it's been patched is my responsibility as well. I'm so far behind on my own work that it's going to take me a week just to catch up.

On a brighter note, I bought a new/used car last night to replace the Big Blue Bus. The truck was getting too expensive to maintain and run as a daily driver so I traded it in on an '03 Chrysler Town & Country. Practically stole it from the dealer too with the deal they gave me.

Hockey tonight, NEMBA chapter meeting tomorrow and then I get to go pick up the new ride. Sunday Becky and I are going to take the new van for a good ride just to get out and relax for a bit, might go to Northampton and look at all the lesbian college girls from Smith :drool:, who knows...

Here's to a good Friday for the rest of you monkeys (and me too hopefully). :cheers:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Read some this morning.

What to go see, Cloverfield or There Will Be Blood?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I actually went out on the mtn bike last night, brought the wrong helmet so I only had my kindof wimpy bar light, but being it was all white in the woods it worked out ok.

Skiing at Bromley Sunday w/a mudnunny, and might also go skiing somewhere Saturday with a different mudhunny.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Friday, indeed! 2 hour long commute last night in the slop trying to navigate around the soccer bettys that figured out just cause that SUV is big, doesn't mean it'll drive itself in snow.

Supposed to ride tomorrow and the looks like a cooooold Sunday in watching football!

3 day weekend to 3 day workweek next week!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
MORNING!!! it's finally Friday of the longest week ever!

well I have the girls tonight, so I am going to take them to watch my nephew kick some @$$ tonight in hockey!

I spent another 40 minutes or so messing around on the Brungeman Board (aka bongo board) last night while the girls napped!
here are some pics after they both woke up, I had Emma help model it...
here is the deck showing off the maple and walnut glue up... I was trying to mimick a surfboard stringer look.

here is the roller I turned out of glue lam'd oak.

and a couple with Emma showing off the bottom stop blocks etc.

I can say I will be messing around on this a bunch more that is for sure... I have to put some finish on it, but not sure what to put on it...!

BIKE related...........I may take a trip to Ray's this Sunday... probably will ride only a bit though... prolly take some pics!

have a good one monkees!

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
YAY FRIDAY!!!!!!!! :monkeydance:

I have so much to do this weekend! I have dinner tonight with a friend, a long, grueling hike for tomorrow AM/early PM, then dinner with some more friends. Then I have a coffee date Sunday AM with a guy I've never met before.... I am actually really nervous about this one!!! And then either hiking or skiing Sunday afternoon. When the heck am I gonna do my laundry???

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Three day weekend coming up. A storm just dropped a bunch of ice and slush so chances of riding are slim. Best bet will be on Sunday when everything should be very cold and frozen. I think I'll end up just drinking a lot of beer.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Nice board pics, Brunge! I needs to get me one of those - probably have to buy one (after I pay off the bike parts I just/am about to purchase, so it'll be 2009, most likely).

Yo all. It's funny how the days devolve and redevelop - Mo's day started crappy with some bad news about a job, then friends left and right started blowing off her b'day celebrations. Then, while she's down and out, another bunch of friends came by and threw her a surprise bash last night! - perfect timing.

Same with me - crappy, crappy, crappy work day - then came home to find out that 2 companies had offerred me some nice co-sponsorships (1 lesser known goggle company and one well known tire company!). It's not a big deal, but those little things can outshine a day full of turds.

Later on!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Sweet board Dave!! Me want one!! :thumb:

Jim, gonna hook me up with some tires? ;)

My night was average at best. Got home, ate dinner, went to pick up some meds for my son who is under the weather. Played on the Wii for about an hour and had a couple cold tops... Should be a mellow one tonight and then party at my place Sat. night! You are all invited of course!!! :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sweet board Dave!! Me want one!! :thumb:

Jim, gonna hook me up with some tires? ;)

My night was average at best. Got home, ate dinner, went to pick up some meds for my son who is under the weather. Played on the Wii for about an hour and had a couple cold tops... Should be a mellow one tonight and then party at my place Sat. night! You are all invited of course!!! :thumb:
Post directions please. I can't make but will send some friends over.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning everyone.. I played hooky from work this morning originally to go riding a bit but it poured last night so I decided not too. I will however continue my plans to work at the Bike Shop today...
we have had so much rain in the North east that the trails are such a mess. I am actually looking for colder weather so at least they will freeze and i can gt more rides in...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I got into the gym last night and had a great workout and a good long interval session on the bike, only to leave and find my car had not one but two flat tires. :rant:

10 degrees here, subzero windchills. I think I'll take a ride. :disgust1:

What to go see, Cloverfield or There Will Be Blood?
Tough call. See both.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
Heading to Portsmouth NH tomorrow for my girl's b-day and my friend and fellow mtn biker is playing a show up there. Pool chillin on sunday with a possible ride day monday. Sweet.
After this long week, I've earned it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
another good spin class today...my plan of 3/wk is holding strong.

hopefully the messy weather won't screw up flights...my in-laws are flying in from FLA today to celebrate christmas w/ us, and they are gonna watch the kids so hil and i can head into boston, rent a hotel room, go out for a nice dinner, and just generally try to remember what life w/o kids is like (it'll be about the 3rd time in 8 years that we've been kid-free).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon all. Busy day for me, but TGIF!!!! Crappy roads for the commute in this AM, but they should be better for the ride home. I finally have a computer in my room on Fridays so maybe I can actually check-in (once it gets hooked up and provided the web filters don't get me). Gonna be drinking some cold tops for sure this long weekend!!!

Tigg - be careful what you wish for, you might have a whole lot of company on Saturday :busted: