Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

A riany day here in central NC. Looks like riding may be out of the question for the weekend......wich means I'll probably spend an hour or two slinging some muddy dirt at the jumps. We definately need the rain, so I'm not complainin'.

I pretty much came home yesterday and went stright into painting more doors and casings upstairs. That took a couple of hours, and by the time I had finished cleaning up, I had just enough time for a shower before the season premier of "Lost." Great episode---lots of action and the tension is really building.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning and TGIF!! Slickery in the hills of PA today, but not too bad. My kid's school district is closed!! If I was a kid today, I'd be pisssed. Have to do a snow make up day for no snow to play in, just a rainy day. Freezing rain right now but temps rising fast. Ehhh. Hockey game tonight, ECHL at it's best..Reading Royals and the Johnstown Cheifs.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good Morning and TGIF to all!!! Weather is supposed to get really messy today and a bunch of local schools are closed...big surprise, mine's NOT! Sq-Earl was trying to talk me into staying home, but I really do need to get in and see these kids -- I only get to see them once a week as it is -- so I am braving the ice. I am armed with my RM Beanie, gloves and a couple of magazines in case I need to wait out some freezing rain. On the plus side, with so many schools closed, the traffic should be lighter.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Going to Okemo tomorrow on the happy hour bus, I think its like the short bus but with a bar!
Is that the Out of Control Ski Club trip? Heard they open the bar at 6:00 am!

Yo all. Still sick. Elevate dh team mgr. Steve (Batts65) stopped by my house last night to drop off a fresh box of SRAM!
Gots me: Juicy 7 brakes in 160 and 185 mm, Holfezzer 1X1 cranks, Howitzer BB, chain, X9 midcage, and 2 sets of Holfezzer bars - all for the Sinister Gruitr build (tho I may swap off last years cranks and brakes off my R9, hmmm...)

Today = coughing up the phlegm in my chest hopefully, getting pelted with freezing rain, going back to bed....

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Ordered pizza last night. It was good. Watched LOST, it was GREAT!!!! :thumb: Nothing planned for tonight. Hoping to head to the LBS tomorrow and help a teammate build his new DH rig. Also give Jim Mac back his copy of Earthed 5. Of course, he may have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Oh, Treesaw, no school in G.F. or Corinth. Ha! Ha! :rofl:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. Ordered pizza last night. It was good. Watched LOST, it was GREAT!!!! :thumb: Nothing planned for tonight. Hoping to head to the LBS tomorrow and help a teammate build his new DH rig. Also give Jim Mac back his copy of Earthed 5. Of course, he may have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Tigg, I may not be able to make it up there, you might just have a reprieve for another week!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
heading down to Austin to do support at a 12hr. looking forward to it. not looking forward to sleeping in the van.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003

Yeah, pretty much everything around our school is closed :( Oh well.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Just met with my principal. She was a little surprised I made the trek in and she gave me the ok to close up shop early if it starts getting bad. The custodian will keep me posted. I love having good staff (it's not that way at all of my schools).

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning fellow monkees out there in databit land!

it is super icy here in Pittsburgh... I took the day off today to stay with the girls while my mom recouperates from her wrist op. The sucky part is... my school had a 2 hour delay and Bek's school was cancelled! :disgust: I wouldn't have had to take the day off...:disgust1: when you only have so many sick days you tend to hoard them, and having used 7 of them up when I had my C-bone surgery, I am getting short and don't want to have to tap into my 60+ I have saved from years past! :twitch:

I pulled the trigger on a new rig... and will be building it up as soon as I get my grubby little mits on it! :monkeydance: can we get a dirt jumping smilie emoticon? :twitch:

have a great one monkeees...

IAB & MBC be safe and have fun! :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
finished my Dead Meadow review last night. will work on the pile of Neurosis/Mastodon photos tonight.

spin class today was pretty good.

looking forward to the weekend.

iab/mbc, have a great trip out west.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'morning !

I don't remember what it fees like to have dirt under my tires.

Greyhound, howz about a few pictures of Mike's jumps?
IAB and MBC: have a fun trip!
brungeman: what did you get??

Have a great day everybody.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I think Im still drizzunk from last night...my knees hurt.:dead: I almost chucked my cheerios on the bus...ugh.

dont know whats going on this weekend...BMXing on Sunday is the plan. Hopefully sleep tonight.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
'morning !

Greyhound, howz about a few pictures of Mike's jumps?
I don't have a lot of pics on this computer, but here's a few from the night session a few weeks ago.........everything has gotten much, much bigger since then.

Stepdown to the wallride.....

First stepdown into the line....

Wallride....

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I think Im still drizzunk from last night...my knees hurt.:dead: .
How's your jaw feel? A little tight? :twitch::busted:

Mornin' all. I finally got all my w2's and interest crap so now I can do my taxes. Usually I have to pay a big chunk and I put it off until the last possible minute, but this year, since we had a baby, I'm actually looking forward to doing it early in hopes of a refund.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The girl who sits near me at work is absolutely grating on my nerves today, and I'm perilously close to breaking her nose.

If you read about a vicious assault at a North Carolina law firm in the paper, please send bail money.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin' all. I finally got all my w2's and interest crap so now I can do my taxes. Usually I have to pay a big chunk and I put it off until the last possible minute, but this year, since we had a baby, I'm actually looking forward to doing it early in hopes of a refund.
You and me both, bro. We bought a house AND had a kid. This year is looking good.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Friday everyone! I spent over $300 at Webcyclery last night stocking up on stuff for the coming season. Hard to thinking about riding with all this snow!

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
How's your jaw feel? A little tight? :twitch::busted:

We had a kid last year too. I just filed our taxes last night and let's just say:

Last year = you owe us more money :plthumbsdown:
This year = where would you like us to put the money :monkeydance:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
If you read about a vicious assault at a North Carolina law firm in the paper, please send bail money.
Is it irony that someone who works at a law firm would need to be sent bail money??

Kick her in the face, we'll dispatch Dog and Beth to post your bail.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
The girl who sits near me at work is absolutely grating on my nerves today, and I'm perilously close to breaking her nose.

Run her down with your car and then stage a bike next to her, you'll walk away with a slap on the wrist.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
We're getting a crapload of freezing rain/ sleet/ snow. Skiing's going to be teh suck this weekend. :mad: