Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Another beautiful day here in central NC. Seems like another week has drug its butt in getting by, but we're here at the end, so hang on people!! ....Just a little longer.....

I've got a long and drawn out morning ahead of me today. Dad called last night to tell me my mom fell last night getting out of the shower and did a serious number on the hip she just had operated on-- so I'm going to run her down to Duke Med today to see if she did any damage.

Lost was awesome last night---lots of questions answered and several more have surfaced. Gotta tell you, I didn't see much of that coming......kudos to the writers, but they're going to have a hell of a time painting themselves out of this corner.....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! This week has really dragged on...
My inlaws & brother-in-law are arriving today to celebrate Syd & Sq-Earl's birthday so I was cleaning a little last night. Other than that, I am applying for a music position closer to home (in a district I would like to work in) so keep your fingers crossed. I am sure we won't hear anything for a while as the job doesn't open until September, but I am making sure I have everything updated now (it's great to have inside connections).

Happy Friday!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
So I'm glad it's not just me who feels that this week has taken forever to end. I've got a couple rides planned for this weekend and some work on Mrs. BadDNA's car to do, so more than enough to keep me busy this weekend.

Good luck with the new job TreeSaw.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning! This week has really dragged on...
My inlaws & brother-in-law are arriving today to celebrate Syd & Sq-Earl's birthday so I was cleaning a little last night. Other than that, I am applying for a music position closer to home (in a district I would like to work in) so keep your fingers crossed. I am sure we won't hear anything for a while as the job doesn't open until September, but I am making sure I have everything updated now (it's great to have inside connections).

Happy Friday!
Good luck on the position, Treesaw!

Another grey day here in the Capital Region. Looking into hitch racks and 'roof coffins' today (looking to spend that rebate!). Intervals tonight, then watch Washington Week in Review on PBS - how exciting! Later.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Good morning All!

Treesaw, good luck on getting the new job!

Yeah, loooooooong week here, as well. Yay Friday!!! I've got dinner & a movie date tonight....... and then for the rest of the weekend ???? I guess I just have to see what happens. Hopefully there's enough snow *somewhere* within and hour or so driving radius where I can go xc skiing this weekend.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning all. Seems a consensus that this has been a long week! Off today but have to go to the school to meet with teachers concerning my knuckleheaded son. At least one ride tomorrow and then a lot of chores this weekend for sure. Have a good safe weekend!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Good luck Treesaw!! :)

Finally got my new bikey stuff last night! :) Both the stem and the grips are top quality, kudos to Sunline!! :thumb: Now I just need a derailluer, shifter, chain, cassette and brakes. :rolleyes:

Not much planned for the weekend. Gonna head to the LBS tomorrow for a bit and see about ordering some of the aforementioned parts. Maybe dinner out somewhere? Who knows..

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Thanks everyone. It's a tough district to get into (highly competative) and I am on the edge of what they will hire (experience = $$$ and that's not so good for teachers) so we'll see how it goes! I have my updated resume, new letters of recommendation and letter of interest ready to drop off today on my way home from school.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Today is going to be AWESOME! In the past 48 hours we've over 20 inches of snow and we are going skiing tonight. I can't wait. I've got to work today but next week is my last week, and hopefully (sort of) I'll be starting my first 9-5 ever in a couple of weeks. It's getting up to 31 today so it's practically spring time outside. 5:00 will not get here fast enough.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ditto. i am thinking you will get the job. positivity works.

Finally got my new bikey stuff last night! :) Both the stem and the grips are top quality, kudos to Sunline!! :thumb: Now I just need a derailluer, shifter, chain, cassette and brakes. :rolleyes:
i remember when i used to get excited about getting new bike parts. i think that ended about 4 years ago.

now it's all about the camera gear..

+

=

:monkeydance::monkeydance::monkeydance:

used that and my old body to shoot Cat Power last night. 6 or 7 other shooters and no pit made for a bit of crowd (we had to use the aisles) but it all worked out fine. good show.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh

Finally got my new bikey stuff last night! :) Both the stem and the grips are top quality, kudos to Sunline!! :thumb:

I dig their pedals! :thumb:

Good luck T! Changing jobs can be a bit stressful when you are familiar with your current surroundings etc. but although we are creatures of comfort, change is often a good thing, specially if it means more time hanging with the important monkeys at home and less time traveling! :thumb: