Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Greyhound, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Greyhound

Greyhound Trail Rat

Rep/Likes:
    32 / 341
    Good Morning!!!

Friday at last!!

We checked out a new bike shop in town last night. They were having a local bike club meeting--mostly roadies, but we mtb'ers and dirt jumpers jumped in, introduced ourselves and hung out for awhile.

Got back home and checked out a killer episode of "Lost." Awesome!! Lots of info in that one!!!

Weekend looks kinda crummy for riding.....lots of rain. :disgust1:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. I Are Baboon

I Are Baboon Run, Forrest, Run!

Rep/Likes:
    154 / 1,397
    Good morning! We've got ourselves a snowstorm today. We're looking at up to 10" in this neck of the woods. The snow is light right now, but it's supposed to get real heavy this afternoon. There was already a five mile backup on the opposite side of the highway this morning, courtesy of a wiped out Jeep Wrangler. I am NOT looking forward to the drive home.

3. BadDNA

BadDNA hophead

Rep/Likes:
    19 / 100
    3-in-3 hockey games this weekend! Gonna be a good one. Hopefully I can squeeze a ride in there somewhere too, might have to go down to Cape Cod for that though.

4. BurlyShirley

BurlyShirley Rex Grossman Will Rise Again

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 1
    Raining like hell here, but should clear out by the afternoon...hopefully in time for me to catch some trout for dinner again. I have several large exams to prepare for this weekend, as spring break is about to hit... no fun for me. :(

5. douglas

douglas Chocolate Milk Doug

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    we finally are suppose to get some snow locally, and I'm stuck entertaining relatives tomorrow. :bonk:

6. MountainDrew

MountainDrew Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Snow my way too! Lucky me has the day off. Work closed yesterday!

7. McGRP01

McGRP01 beer and bikes

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Morning. TGIF! Snowing here too. Good night last night. Ordered some pizzas, watched LOST... No complaints. Nothing special planned for the weekend. Swing by the LBS at some point, probably take the kids sledding tomorrow. That's about it I guess...

8. splat

splat Nam I am

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 77
    Well Maybe Windows is Bearable ! Unix Rules !
    Well Something is wrong with My subie :( won't start and the engine turns "too Easy" so I guess I'll have to have it towed to the shop. my gut tells me its the timing belt broke.

Yeah were getting a boat load of snow too, the Ride home is going to be FUN !!!

9. Jim Mac

Jim Mac MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN

Rep/Likes:
    32 / 281
    How many miles do you have on it? They recommend replacing it at 90K. I waited until 130K when it snapped on the way to Whiteface in the ADK mountains, bikes on the roof and all (and no cell phone reception....).

10. r464

r464 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    So get over here and shovel!

11. Quo Fan

Quo Fan don't make me kick your ass

Rep/Likes:
    38 / 36
    I'm sitting in the office, waiting for a bunch of stuff to print, so I can print my time sheet and expense report and then I'm out of here for the weekend.

I think I'll break out the big camera and take some snow shots when I get home.

12. r464

r464 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Oh, yeah...

13. ridiculous

ridiculous Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 1
    snow and car accidents everywhere, office is damn near empty but its FRIDAY! 8 more days till my 1st ride of the season, 15 until my first race.

14. Wumpus

Wumpus makes avatars better

Rep/Likes:
    30 / 153
    Last night was the first night for the twins to sleep in regular beds so we had kids all over the house this morning.:panic:

The kiddos trying out their new beds:

BR -- I stayed up too late switching out bars/stem and brake rotor/calipers on the new trance. I must say it is one nice riding bike.

15. splat

splat Nam I am

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 77
    Its a 95 and they reccomend replacing it every 60K , and it was last repalced at 117K and I currently have 160K on it

16. Wumpus

Rep/Likes:
    30 / 153
    Y'all are crazy. I don't think the 95 has an interference engine*, but the newer models do.

*Interference engine -- the valves and pistons occupy the same space. This is fine when the belt is in place as the valves and piston are kept from occupying the same space at the same time, but without a belt there is a good chance that they will try to occupy said space at the same time.:shocked:

17. MountainDrew

MountainDrew Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0

HA!! I am grabbing the sticks and going sking!!

18. splat

splat Nam I am

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 77
    I am hoping that is the case if it is inded the timing belt , I had that happen once on an old fiat x1-9 and destroyed my valves.

BTW what makes us crazy this time :)

19. Wumpus

Rep/Likes:
    30 / 153
    Not changing a timing belt for 120K miles...:shocked:

Though it sounds like you got a bad belt if it broke that quick(<60K).

20. brungeman

brungeman I give a shirt

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 0
    morning... had a 2hr delay today...

Emma had a sleepover at my Parents with her cousins last night! from the reports sounds like it went well!

i have a bunch of chit to do today!

G-hound... did you get the feeling that the asian dood when he was "extorting" Ben was giving him code?

and I saw the ending coming! I said it when Kate was in bed with Sayer... Bek was like NO WAY...

21. splat

splat Nam I am

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 77
    It had also been changed at 57 K , I'm not that stupid

True ..... That is IF it is the timing belt

22. Heidi

Heidi Der hund ist laut und braun

Rep/Likes:
    25 / 368
    Morning monkeys!

This weekend is the annual wet-n-windy ride. The forecast for this 50mile road ride is breezy, with a chance of rain or snow. So, after having spring for the last couple weeks I guess this ride will live up to its name!

23. Heidi

Heidi Der hund ist laut und braun

Rep/Likes:
    25 / 368
    Yes, I'm still letting my brain figure some of it out.

24. Greyhound

Greyhound Trail Rat

Rep/Likes:
    32 / 341
    I didn't really get that feeling....Miles(the Asian dood) seems like he's just after one thing: money. We see that in the episode where he's finding the drug money stashed away in the heating vent by "talking" to the spirit of the boy who was murdered. He knows Ben is loaded---how he knows remains to be seen, but he knows that Ben can travel to and from the island at will and he's perfectly willing to let it all go if Ben gives him the dough. He doesn't seem to care about the island or any of its mysteries--he just wants to get paid.

But Kate......well, that's not Sawyer's kid--that's Aaron(Claire's son) that she's raising. Something awful had to have happened to Claire during the rescue--either she doesn't make it off the island for some reason, or she is killed in the process. The reason Jack can't bring himself to see the kid isn't because she hooked up Sawyer---hell, Jack saw them in the bear cages getting it on when he was locked away in the Hydra station, so he shouldn't be surprised at all. Jack can't bear the thought that his father had a whole other family in Australia with Claire being the offspring of that family--making them half-brother and sister. All of that time on the island, they never knew they were related, and something happened where Jack finds that out. He can't wrap his mind around it, and it's eating him up inside knowing that it was his call to the freighter ship that set all of these events into motion---quite possibly the events that get his half-sister either killed or stranded on the island while Aaron is raised by Kate.

Yeah.....some very complicated stuff going on there, but all of the characters have tangential connections to each other, so their stories intertwine in ways that they themselves often don't have a clue about. As the viewers, we're given the privledge of knowing these things, so it's easier to kind of dismiss these little things, but if you didn't know you had a half-sister(and a nephew) right next to you the whole time, and something happened to them because of your actions, you would be quite devestated, conflicted, and prone to slamming vodka and painkillers (like Jack does in the flash-forwards) to try and dull the nightmares.

25. Full Trucker

Full Trucker Frikkin newb!!!

Rep/Likes:
    111 / 1,096
    G'morning monkeys! Whew... been a busy week for me for sure, haven't had TOO much time to play on the message boards. Enough though... lessee what has happened for me that you guys might be interested in?

• Launched a new website, pretty stoked. It was kinda of a big deal, migrating one host provider to another, moving forum and results databases and having it fail a couple times, getting the new design buttoned down and working, getting some preliminary content up there. Check it out if want... www.RaceMSC.com
    • Converted my road bikey to CAMPY! So stoked about this... uploading some pics now...
    • Got sick all week, that pretty much BLEW.
    • Two separate sets of friends now visiting from Indiana, probably gonna have to shed the gnar and find some pow turns with them...
    • Put my 4X bike up for sale
    • Met a sweet gal who not only didn't MIND hanging out in the bike shop for four hours while I worked on my roadie, but was actually stoked about it. :D

It's been a good week so far... makes me wonder what next week will bring!

26. brungeman

brungeman I give a shirt

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 0
    Kate with Aaron was my point... I knew when she told Sawyer that she wasn't prego, (but we knew from the flash forward that she had a kid) that she was going to have Aaron with her, not her own! I got that feeling from the conversation she had when she was with Claire and Aaron was crying and she didn't want to pick him up, but Claire said "you should try it..." I had a gut feeling right there that Kate and Aaron were destined to be linked somehow!

as for Miles... I know exactly what you are saying, and it very well could be he is just out for money... but something in the wording made me think differently!

great episode that only opens up more possibilities eh?

27. dirttastesgood

dirttastesgood Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    1 / 0
    Morning, Damn snow is preventing me from getting up to VT. Hopefully leaving tonight or tomorrow morning.

28. BadDNA

BadDNA hophead

Rep/Likes:
    19 / 100
    Get going while you can, it's only gonna get worse out there.

29. dirttastesgood

dirttastesgood Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    1 / 0
    I talked to a friend on the phone and he said it took him 45 minutes to do what normally takes us 10. I'm going to leave really early tomorrow morning.