Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Friday at last!!

We checked out a new bike shop in town last night. They were having a local bike club meeting--mostly roadies, but we mtb'ers and dirt jumpers jumped in, introduced ourselves and hung out for awhile.

Got back home and checked out a killer episode of "Lost." Awesome!! Lots of info in that one!!!

Weekend looks kinda crummy for riding.....lots of rain. :disgust1:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! We've got ourselves a snowstorm today. We're looking at up to 10" in this neck of the woods. The snow is light right now, but it's supposed to get real heavy this afternoon. There was already a five mile backup on the opposite side of the highway this morning, courtesy of a wiped out Jeep Wrangler. I am NOT looking forward to the drive home.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
3-in-3 hockey games this weekend! Gonna be a good one. Hopefully I can squeeze a ride in there somewhere too, might have to go down to Cape Cod for that though.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Raining like hell here, but should clear out by the afternoon...hopefully in time for me to catch some trout for dinner again. I have several large exams to prepare for this weekend, as spring break is about to hit... no fun for me. :(

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. TGIF! Snowing here too. Good night last night. Ordered some pizzas, watched LOST... No complaints. Nothing special planned for the weekend. Swing by the LBS at some point, probably take the kids sledding tomorrow. That's about it I guess...

splat

Nam I am
Well Something is wrong with My subie :( won't start and the engine turns "too Easy" so I guess I'll have to have it towed to the shop. my gut tells me its the timing belt broke.

Good morning! We've got ourselves a snowstorm today. We're looking at up to 10" in this neck of the woods. The snow is light right now, but it's supposed to get real heavy this afternoon. There was already a five mile backup on the opposite side of the highway this morning, courtesy of a wiped out Jeep Wrangler. I am NOT looking forward to the drive home.
Yeah were getting a boat load of snow too, the Ride home is going to be FUN !!!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Well Something is wrong with My subie :( won't start and the engine turns "too Easy" so I guess I'll have to have it towed to the shop. my gut tells me its the timing belt broke.
How many miles do you have on it? They recommend replacing it at 90K. I waited until 130K when it snapped on the way to Whiteface in the ADK mountains, bikes on the roof and all (and no cell phone reception....).

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I'm sitting in the office, waiting for a bunch of stuff to print, so I can print my time sheet and expense report and then I'm out of here for the weekend.

I think I'll break out the big camera and take some snow shots when I get home.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
snow and car accidents everywhere, office is damn near empty but its FRIDAY! 8 more days till my 1st ride of the season, 15 until my first race.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Last night was the first night for the twins to sleep in regular beds so we had kids all over the house this morning.:panic:

The kiddos trying out their new beds:

BR -- I stayed up too late switching out bars/stem and brake rotor/calipers on the new trance. I must say it is one nice riding bike.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
How many miles do you have on it? They recommend replacing it at 90K. I waited until 130K when it snapped on the way to Whiteface in the ADK mountains, bikes on the roof and all (and no cell phone reception....).
Y'all are crazy. I don't think the 95 has an interference engine*, but the newer models do.

*Interference engine -- the valves and pistons occupy the same space. This is fine when the belt is in place as the valves and piston are kept from occupying the same space at the same time, but without a belt there is a good chance that they will try to occupy said space at the same time.:shocked:

splat

Nam I am
Y'all are crazy. I don't think the 95 has an interference engine*, but the newer models do.

*Interference engine -- the valves and pistons occupy the same space. This is fine when the belt is in place as the valves and piston are kept from occupying the same space at the same time, but without a belt there is a good chance that they will try to occupy said space at the same time.:shocked:
I am hoping that is the case if it is inded the timing belt , I had that happen once on an old fiat x1-9 and destroyed my valves.

BTW what makes us crazy this time :)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning... had a 2hr delay today...

Emma had a sleepover at my Parents with her cousins last night! from the reports sounds like it went well!

i have a bunch of chit to do today!

G-hound... did you get the feeling that the asian dood when he was "extorting" Ben was giving him code?

and I saw the ending coming! I said it when Kate was in bed with Sayer... Bek was like NO WAY...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning monkeys!

This weekend is the annual wet-n-windy ride. The forecast for this 50mile road ride is breezy, with a chance of rain or snow. So, after having spring for the last couple weeks I guess this ride will live up to its name!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
G-hound... did you get the feeling that the asian dood when he was "extorting" Ben was giving him code?

and I saw the ending coming! I said it when Kate was in bed with Sayer... Bek was like NO WAY...
I didn't really get that feeling....Miles(the Asian dood) seems like he's just after one thing: money. We see that in the episode where he's finding the drug money stashed away in the heating vent by "talking" to the spirit of the boy who was murdered. He knows Ben is loaded---how he knows remains to be seen, but he knows that Ben can travel to and from the island at will and he's perfectly willing to let it all go if Ben gives him the dough. He doesn't seem to care about the island or any of its mysteries--he just wants to get paid.

But Kate......well, that's not Sawyer's kid--that's Aaron(Claire's son) that she's raising. Something awful had to have happened to Claire during the rescue--either she doesn't make it off the island for some reason, or she is killed in the process. The reason Jack can't bring himself to see the kid isn't because she hooked up Sawyer---hell, Jack saw them in the bear cages getting it on when he was locked away in the Hydra station, so he shouldn't be surprised at all. Jack can't bear the thought that his father had a whole other family in Australia with Claire being the offspring of that family--making them half-brother and sister. All of that time on the island, they never knew they were related, and something happened where Jack finds that out. He can't wrap his mind around it, and it's eating him up inside knowing that it was his call to the freighter ship that set all of these events into motion---quite possibly the events that get his half-sister either killed or stranded on the island while Aaron is raised by Kate.

Yeah.....some very complicated stuff going on there, but all of the characters have tangential connections to each other, so their stories intertwine in ways that they themselves often don't have a clue about. As the viewers, we're given the privledge of knowing these things, so it's easier to kind of dismiss these little things, but if you didn't know you had a half-sister(and a nephew) right next to you the whole time, and something happened to them because of your actions, you would be quite devestated, conflicted, and prone to slamming vodka and painkillers (like Jack does in the flash-forwards) to try and dull the nightmares.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
G'morning monkeys! Whew... been a busy week for me for sure, haven't had TOO much time to play on the message boards. Enough though... lessee what has happened for me that you guys might be interested in?

• Launched a new website, pretty stoked. It was kinda of a big deal, migrating one host provider to another, moving forum and results databases and having it fail a couple times, getting the new design buttoned down and working, getting some preliminary content up there. Check it out if want... www.RaceMSC.com
  • Converted my road bikey to CAMPY! So stoked about this... uploading some pics now...
  • Got sick all week, that pretty much BLEW.
  • Two separate sets of friends now visiting from Indiana, probably gonna have to shed the gnar and find some pow turns with them...
  • Put my 4X bike up for sale
  • Met a sweet gal who not only didn't MIND hanging out in the bike shop for four hours while I worked on my roadie, but was actually stoked about it. :D

It's been a good week so far... makes me wonder what next week will bring!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I didn't really get that feeling....Miles(the Asian dood) seems like he's just after one thing: money. We see that in the episode where he's finding the drug money stashed away in the heating vent by "talking" to the spirit of the boy who was murdered. He knows Ben is loaded---how he knows remains to be seen, but he knows that Ben can travel to and from the island at will and he's perfectly willing to let it all go if Ben gives him the dough. He doesn't seem to care about the island or any of its mysteries--he just wants to get paid.

But Kate......well, that's not Sawyer's kid--that's Aaron(Claire's son) that she's raising. Something awful had to have happened to Claire during the rescue--either she doesn't make it off the island for some reason, or she is killed in the process. The reason Jack can't bring himself to see the kid isn't because she hooked up Sawyer---hell, Jack saw them in the bear cages getting it on when he was locked away in the Hydra station, so he shouldn't be surprised at all. Jack can't bear the thought that his father had a whole other family in Australia with Claire being the offspring of that family--making them half-brother and sister. All of that time on the island, they never knew they were related, and something happened where Jack finds that out. He can't wrap his mind around it, and it's eating him up inside knowing that it was his call to the freighter ship that set all of these events into motion---quite possibly the events that get his half-sister either killed or stranded on the island while Aaron is raised by Kate.

Yeah.....some very complicated stuff going on there, but all of the characters have tangential connections to each other, so their stories intertwine in ways that they themselves often don't have a clue about. As the viewers, we're given the privledge of knowing these things, so it's easier to kind of dismiss these little things, but if you didn't know you had a half-sister(and a nephew) right next to you the whole time, and something happened to them because of your actions, you would be quite devestated, conflicted, and prone to slamming vodka and painkillers (like Jack does in the flash-forwards) to try and dull the nightmares.
Kate with Aaron was my point... I knew when she told Sawyer that she wasn't prego, (but we knew from the flash forward that she had a kid) that she was going to have Aaron with her, not her own! I got that feeling from the conversation she had when she was with Claire and Aaron was crying and she didn't want to pick him up, but Claire said "you should try it..." I had a gut feeling right there that Kate and Aaron were destined to be linked somehow!

as for Miles... I know exactly what you are saying, and it very well could be he is just out for money... but something in the wording made me think differently!

great episode that only opens up more possibilities eh?

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
I talked to a friend on the phone and he said it took him 45 minutes to do what normally takes us 10. I'm going to leave really early tomorrow morning.