Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

The week has flown by for me. That's cool....last week was a real drag. Yesterday was one of those really good days at work. If there is such a thing. We were busy, I trained a new employee, the guys were putting out some good work....everyone was in the zone.

Colin and I played for about two hours after work yesterday.....he would toddle out about 10 feet, turn around and hual baby-butt back towards me and do a flying tackle into me.....we would tumble back, and I would give him the baby-pile driver. He was laughing his head off!! It was halarious......tiring as hell, but halarious. I needed about 3 Advil after that session. :busted:

Looks like we've got a beautiful weekend ahead of us. The trails should be dry, and if I get out of work early enough today, I'm heading by Nice Guy Mike's jumps to do a little work.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it's boys' weekend at our home...the wife flew down to florida w/ her sister to surprise their mom on her birthday. maybe it's time the kids learn how to make a proper martini.

caught a pretty cool jazz show last night; Joe Morris, Roy Campbell Jr and William Parker were all throwing together crazy lines and runs and making it stick. a wide variety of instrumentation was utilized by all three men, including some sort of tuba played by Parker that had two horns? what sort of thing is that?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! Wife dragged me to the gym at 6:00 this morning. :disgust1: I've got a dentist appointment this morning, so I'll be getting into work late today. I'm driving up to Mt Snow tonight to ski for the weekend. MBC has to work tomorrow, but she's coming up tomorrow night.

Speaking of wife, I gave her an early birthday present last night: Avid Juicy 7's. :monkeydance: She loves them. It's great having a wife who MTB's. Thanks in advance to Quo Fan for helping to install them. :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Had a long night last night. Sq-Earl is sick (again). I don't get it...he's never sick and he had the flu a couple of weeks ago and now he's got a fever (102.7 last check), the chills and a horrible cough. I just hope Syd & I don't get it. Supposed to get more snow tonight and on top of the illness it's looking like we're going to cancel our trip out to the Rochester area for Syd's godfather's birthday party. I'll know for sure when I see what the weather does later today.

IAB - The Juicy 7's rock for sure!!! Great gift!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning!

what a great episode of LOST last night! :thumb:

went to the bike shop and worked on the TOP, getting it re-geared for Ray's and put on a solid nutted rear axle into the XT hub. :monkeydance:

as of right now, we are heading to Ray's on Sunday, so I am stoked!

have a good one m-kay?

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Cold here today woke up it was 7 , That is too cold for me to ride in. ( my cut off is 15 ) Glad I got my car back from the shop last night.

Glad it is friday , this week has dragged for me. plans forthe weekend a re still forming, Kids have a Swim meet on Saturday .

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all. Headed to the LBS yesterday and installed a few parts on the Sinister Gruitr (some old and some new) - CK headset, Truvativ Howitzer BB/stem & post, Salsa flip lock & Marzocchi Z1 SL fork. Looking good thus far.

Today = make it through the day, intervals in the basement, and boys night home while Mo goes out with friends . Tomorrow = odds and ends, interview clothes shopping, picking up my blown bass head from the shop and stopping at Elevate Cycles in CP to drop off my rims for a wheel build. God, RM is becoming my "to do" list....later.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Got my Juicy 7's in the mail yesterday. Looking forward to getting thise installed soon. Friends coming up from NYC tomorrow as well. Looks to be a fun weekend planned so far. :)

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
This made my morning and old school dh8 that looks like its seen its fair share of upkeep and upgrades.

My new car radio arrived yesterday, so I'm going to brave the cold today after work to install it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
narlus, there are double belled trumpets, too. i think one use for them was for quarter tone music, with one of the bells playing the "intermediate" pitches...

i'm off to ski in just a few minutes! i think this + sunday will be the last of the season for me.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Sq-Earl is sick (again). I don't get it...he's never sick and he had the flu a couple of weeks ago and now he's got a fever (102.7 last check), the chills and a horrible cough.

Welcome to parenthood. I had the flu once until we had kiddos. Now, I'm not even sure how many times it's been.

As Narlus said, it boy's WEEK around here. The wife is off to Florida for a conference until next Saturday. --> :twitch: <-- This'll be me soon.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - another night at the rink last night.

But I also had some good bike conversations last night as well. Stay tuned for more on that later.

Short day today as I have to pick up Connor from School at 3:30.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
VT is suppose to get 12-16" tonight and we already have a room booked for Sat. night in northern VT, I'm thinking either magic,snow,or startton saturday & Jay peak sunday - woo hoo!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
VT is suppose to get 12-16" tonight and we already have a room booked for Sat. night in northern VT, I'm thinking either magic,snow,or startton saturday & Jay peak sunday - woo hoo!
You lucky bastard!!! I'll be lucky if I make to Gore once this year. :disgust1:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We just had a fire at our school and had an emergency evacuation. It was crazy...right next to the room I teach in. I was SO impressed with how well my kids did (4th & 5th graders). They make me proud!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
We just had a fire at our school and had an emergency evacuation. It was crazy...right next to the room I teach in. I was SO impressed with how well my kids did (4th & 5th graders). They make me proud!
That's what you get for teaching in "da hood". :panic: