Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

I'm glad we're finally at the end of this one......I'm beat. We've had some crazy-tight deadlines on a few projects this week, and we somehow or another Forrest Gumped our way through it and made it happen. The weather is supposed to be beautiful again today, so I'm hoping I'll be able to go out to Nice Guy Mike's early this afternoon to tackle a few dirt jumps.

Colin, Justine and I played around in the yard until it got dark, and I went to pick up some grub from the Italian place down the road afterwards. Didn't feel like cooking last night....just wanted to chill and watch "LOST." Crazy episode.....it makes my head hurt sometimes to keep up with it. Feels like some sort of bizarre video portion of an SAT test I'm taking to try and figure out all the flash-forwards, flashbacks, flash-sideways, etc. :imstupid:

The weekend looks pretty open, so I'm not really sure what we're up to. I hope it involves a nap, whatever it is.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I'm glad this week is just about over and am looking forward to the weekend. I was hoping to get out for a road ride tomorrow, but just like last weekend it's looking like rain. Wife and I are heading up to Mt Snow tomorrow to ski Sunday. I've been pushing the cardio hard this week and my legs are pretty sore.

I made some killer burritos last night. I crocked some boneless chicken breast in enchilada sauce on low heat for 11 hours then shredded it and rolled it up into burritos with mexican beans, cheese, rice, hot salsa and hot sauce. Damn was that good. Looking forward to leftovers for lunch today! :thumb: I did forget to add the jalapenos I had bought though.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
good morning :monkey:s
Strong coffee and hot oatmeal ... mmmmmmm

Do you regularly eat breakfast?

Loooong day ahead, I have to bust out the old hardhat and go work in a filthy factory for about 12 hours. Awesome.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I did a "bucket job" washing the cars to get the road dirt and salt off of them. Then hung out with "toothie" (aka Sophie) and Emma.

watched Lost which was great! in a crazy way... went to bed and was woken up in the middle of the night when Soph's teeth were bothering her!:disgust1:

needless to say, I am tired today!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Do you regularly eat breakfast?
I have a protein shake for breakfast every day during the week because I can take it to go (250 calories, 30g protein, lots of vitamins and minerals). On the weekends though I usually make some solid breakfast food.

And coffee, of course.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i find out where i matched for residency (read: next 5 years) this upcoming thursday. the gf is taking it harder than i am. :(

ah, time to start the commute soon... ugh.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Hey. Finished the Gruitr build late last night, will get pics up by Monday. Took it out for a quick ride and it feels awesome. Very "slalom-esque" -turns nicely, despite the 6" travel fork. Of course this was out on the street for like 2 minutes, so we shall see!

Today = out early, headed up to the instrument shop to pick up my blown bass head, then over to Elevate to hopefully cut down a steerer tube, got a direct mount stem for the dh bikey.

Tigg, I'll drop off your cassette at the shop!

Later - Jim

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yes I almost always Eat breakfast ,most of the time its Oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter in it , some times I grab something in the Cafe ( Pancakes , Bagel ,french toast , etc ,etc )

edit: oh yeah , good morning , gald its friday !!!
What happened to that heart killer special that your cafeteria serves up?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Not much going on. Boss is finally gone....thank god!! :rolleyes: Decent day yesterday, left early to attend my daughter's parent/teacher conference and she's doing well. After that the fam headed to my mom's house to hang and order pizza. I got some odd jobs done around mom's house that she needed done. Back home around 8, and then watched LOST at 9!! :thumb: Headed to the LBS after work for a bit and then home for kid duty as the wife is headed out with "the girls" for the evening.

TGIF people!!!!

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Good Morning,

Its Friday....calling for rain this weekend....going to a minor league hockey game tomorrow night....have a good one.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
TGIF!!!

Methinks I may take a road ride this weekend..... The trails are still too snowy and/or muddy-sloppy to go mtn biking.

I eat breakfast every day, normally oatmeal & coffee. I'll vary it a little on weekends sometimes with a scrambled egg on a whole wheat english muffin. Always coffee though...... gotta have my coffee!!!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Where did you list?
in order of preference:

OHSU (portland)
Virginia Mason (seattle)
yale (new haven)
sacred heart (spokane)
UT houston
u missouri (columbia)
tufts (boston)
brown (providence)

plus there's a separate list for internship/1st year of residency but that'll be ok

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
in order of preference:

OHSU (portland)
Virginia Mason (seattle)
yale (new haven)
sacred heart (spokane)
UT houston
u missouri (columbia)
tufts (boston)
brown (providence)

plus there's a separate list for internship/1st year of residency but that'll be ok
Good luck with that. I know it can be a stressful process.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
in order of preference:

OHSU (portland)
Virginia Mason (seattle)
yale (new haven)
sacred heart (spokane)
UT houston
u missouri (columbia)
tufts (boston)
brown (providence)

Columbia, huh? That looks like it is the one small town amongst that lot. There's a good bit of decent mountain biking close by, plus good road riding and a slalom course on campus. Let me know if you end up coming here.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning. Flex day today, life is good! Loading up the bikes to head down to Tucson and explore the 50 Year Trail- first in the series of efforts to get out of town and ride. Gotta pack up, have a good weekend!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
in order of preference:

OHSU (portland)
Virginia Mason (seattle)
yale (new haven)
sacred heart (spokane)
UT houston
u missouri (columbia)
tufts (boston)
brown (providence)

Why would you ever risk ending up in the armpit of Texas?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
A cop this morning seemed concerned I had three bottles of liquor in my car in various stages of emptiness. I told him it was nothing to worry about.

No, I wasn't drinking.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had a nice dinner last night with Laura and my sons. Stuffed chicken with rice and squash.

Tried to install a bb into the Trek frame I am going to build for Connor, but I couldn't get it to thread in on the drive side. I think I may have to do some mega - bb cleaning and then try again another time.

I would also love to find a site that would give me all the measurements for this frame - I believe it is a mid-90s (95 or 96 maybe.....maybe 97, or even maybe 94) Trek 850 hardtail frame - True Temper steel. I know the seatpost is a 26.6mm post, but I'd love to know what size and spindle length the original bb was. They used to have those things at www.airfreetires.com but it looks like the site has been changed to only recommend tires for various bikes from virtually all manufacturers. Anyone have any other leads for me? If it helps the frame is sort of a dark burgundy color with black Trek decals with white outlines.

Thanks!

Mark

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I'd love to know what size and spindle length the original bb was. They used to have those things at www.airfreetires.com but it looks like the site has been changed to only recommend tires for various bikes from virtually all manufacturers. Anyone have any other leads for me? If it helps the frame is sort of a dark burgundy color with black Trek decals with white outlines.

Thanks!

Mark

My 1995 era cranks were square taper in the 122 range. I didn't have a Trek though.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning all. I'm working half day today and then heading up to the mtn for some more winter. YAY!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
in order of preference:

OHSU (portland)
Virginia Mason (seattle)
yale (new haven)
sacred heart (spokane)
UT houston
u missouri (columbia)
tufts (boston)
brown (providence)

you have new haven and houston over boston and providence?

:twitch:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning - had a nice dinner last night with Laura and my sons. Stuffed chicken with rice and squash.

Tried to install a bb into the Trek frame I am going to build for Connor, but I couldn't get it to thread in on the drive side. I think I may have to do some mega - bb cleaning and then try again another time.

I would also love to find a site that would give me all the measurements for this frame - I believe it is a mid-90s (95 or 96 maybe.....maybe 97, or even maybe 94) Trek 850 hardtail frame - True Temper steel. I know the seatpost is a 26.6mm post, but I'd love to know what size and spindle length the original bb was. They used to have those things at www.airfreetires.com but it looks like the site has been changed to only recommend tires for various bikes from virtually all manufacturers. Anyone have any other leads for me? If it helps the frame is sort of a dark burgundy color with black Trek decals with white outlines.

Thanks!

Mark
I had a similar Trek 850 Hardtail frame. I sold it to a friend for his son a year or so ago and could ask him to measure if if you'd like. Mine was a dark green with purple graphics and a mid-late 90s.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Interview went well last night. It was a very basic first round interview and they won't have the openings finalized until the internal movements have taken place (probably end of April he thought). I haven't interviewed in a while so it was nice to get back into practice for it.

Got home and had dinner with Sq-Earl & Syd and watched Lost. I am officially addicted to the show. Sq-Earl's brother called during Lost and dropped an unexpected bomb on us so we're still reeling from that. Ididn't sleep for crap last night and am really dragging my feet right now.

I am counting down the minutes until I can get some more java in me!

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
yo. Was planning on riding in to work this AM, but bailed when I saw it was only about 10F. Likely some snowboarding tonight, trail building tomorrow, and boarding or bmx racing on Sunday.

I'm at that point where I have so goddamn much work to do around here that doing nothing seems like the best option.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jose gonzalez was a snoozefest. i left the sold out show (and talked w/ people who traveled from Hartford and Providence for this!) after the 4 songs i was allowed to shoot were over. his lighting sucked, too. thanks for turning up the lights after song 4, a-hole!

during his 2nd song, which started w/ a fairly long ambling instrumental, and then went into a different part. as i was unsure whether it was the same song, or two different ones, and would affect my song total, i asked the guy behind me (who was singing along to the first one, and obviously familiar w/ this pablum trader's work). in response i got such a derisive snort from a woman behind me that it shocked me. i turned around to tell her to excuse my ignorance.

mia doi todd was pretty good, though. not something i'd regularly seek out on my own, but anyone who covers Sandy Denny and plays harmonium w/ her feet while playing acoustic guitar is OK in my book.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

I think the ratings have to do with the programs only.

And you handled the snooty concert goer better than I would have.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Mornin' all, the little one is coming down with a cold so that meant little sleep for us last night.

I'm just working a half day today and then off to flag a new trail for this weekend's work party.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Late reply but hey !!

Good Morning :monkey:'s

Awesome Day yesterday!! Got a raise, a promotion of sorts and my RM ban was lifted!!! I'm not sure which I was more exited about!!

I hope today holds good stuff too.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

yeah, as above, the program strength really matters since i'll be spending much more time inside the hospital than outside. yale was awesome, and UT Houston actually is really strong even though the city is horrid. on the tour we were told that 74,000 people work in the med center, which is bigger than houston's downtown area, no joke. of course i might have misheard...

boston is low because the program is small, rebuilding, and the city is undeniably expensive. i'd be pulling in ~$47k/yr as a post-grad year 1 resident in boston, and that wouldn't go to far. for comparison i'd get $43k/yr in missouri. i could buy a house with that. :D

oh yeah, and providence/brown is low because it was the one place i interviewed at where the residents actually seemed unhappy. in radiology everyone's happy, so you have to mistreat them a lot to get that result.