Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Today is much, much better than the last two. I've stopped sending donations to the Children of Crapistan and managed to keep some groceries down without reversing gears, so I cowboy'ed-up and headed into work today. A massive tummy bug is a great(albeit horrifying) way to drop some pounds in a hurry. I'll bet I lost 5 of 'em over the last 48 hrs. Obviously nothing much new to report---I caught up on a lot of stuff I had on the DVR and watched "The Simpsons" movie--Spider Pig....the best.

This weekend looks pretty chill as well. We're supposed to be socked in with rain for most of it, so it's probably a good thing for me. I still need a day or two to recoup.

Y'all have a great weekend!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I am so happy my buddy greyhound is feeling better! :D

Was out on the road bike after work, ended up coming home in the dark w/40ish miles.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Freezing and snowing here this morning...yeah! I am taking my jazz band on a field trip today to hear a local group play and then I have a quick band rehearsal and follow-up on the trip before I head home to play with Syd for a little while. Then I am off to a LUNA Meeting and home to crash after a long week.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's finally warming up outside, now it's going to rain all friggin weekend. :plthumbsdown: Looks like it'll be a weekend of indoor workouts. Regardless of the crappy weather, it should be a decent weekend of keeping busy.

Dude, what's with the Detroit Tigers getting swept at home by the ROYALS?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps

Just making some vanilla icecream for tonight.
Blue skies, 2ft fresh powder and I'm in the kitchen.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Good morning. Glad you are feeling better.

Tomorrow it is getting up to 59º and I am stoked!!!!!!!!!!! Still trying to decide if I want to commute in this morning. The weather is going to be phenomenal today as well and I always feel guilty for missing out on perfect commute weather.

No plans for the weekend, but we will be outside. I'd like to replace the smoker and cook some meat with fire so we'll see.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Doug, I hate you! :biggrin:

Morning...hit the lbs yesterday for a whopping 1.5 hours of work towards my "tab"...woohoo! I think I feel worse than an alcoholic, at least by how much I owe the shop...

Today - make it through the day, then work on bike, do kid stuff, etc.

Sat = 1st XC ride of the year!!!! (not looking forward to getting my new bike dirty, not to mention the leg and lung pain). Headed south to the Catskills for a nice 12 mile out and back ride on shaley singletrack with Team Elevate Cycles - should be interesting, as it'll be a mix of out of shape old men on XC bikes along with a bunch of 'young bucks' riding their DH bikes XC! Sun = maybe a family xc ride at our sandy local trails. Later on.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning! T.G.I. freakin' F.

GH: glad you're feeling better.
Laura: if you haven't left already, RIDE TODAY.

Long day today, but sunny skies this weekend! I may have to cruise up to the skatepark on Saturday and embarrass myself after a long cold winter off the bike.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Gald you're feeling better GH. My 2 year old just got that bug yesterday. Only thing worse than being sick is having to see your kids get sick. Poor little guy. :( He's home with mommy today.

As Jim said, first XC ride of the year tomorrow. Finally a chance to see if my spin classes paid off this winter. Hopefully the weather will at least somewhat cooporate. Even if it doesn't, i'm out of the hosue for the day and riding some trails I've never ridden before so I'm looking forward to it! :)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
TIRED AND PISSED...

Tigg :twitch:

GH, glad you're feeling better...

if I can muster up the time etc. to work on my bike, I will be riding the trailwork we did last weekend with a great crew on Sunday... other than that FVCK THE WORLD!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
TIRED AND PISSED...

Tigg :twitch:

GH, glad you're feeling better...

if I can muster up the time etc. to work on my bike, I will be riding the trailwork we did last weekend with a great crew on Sunday... other than that FVCK THE WORLD!
Dang, brunge.......I feel your pain. We've had it happen to us. Hell, I've had it happen to me--on land our family owns!! Sometimes trails get clobbered. But don't let that get you down, man. Get out there and let it be a motivator to keep building--even though you are getting resistance from a certain user group. You have permission to build, so your presence there is just as valid as anyone else. My suggestion for the hunters: avoid them. Their rationale for being in the woods is in direct odds with virtually any other user group. They're taking something away from nature-you're adding to its enjoyment. Point being, they're just not going to understand the need to bike in the woods. Re-route the trail so it stays clear of them and you'll lessen the chances of any unwanted conflict. I know this sounds like a comprimise of principal, but sometimes you have to lose a battle here and there if it means your pieces are in place to win the war.

Either way, don't pick up your ball and go home. That's not the trailbuilders way, man. You guys worked hard for this, you put in your time and money to make it happen....stay in there in put it back up everytime it gets taken down by someone other than the park itself.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
stayed up too late working on music. now too lazy to ride in, and it's too late to catch the bus. i guess i'll drive. suck.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

As for the great cabin search in Prescott, I finally received a reply to my reservation request. Reading the fine print they want you to sign a contract saying that if there are any discrepancies or problems during your stay or if you cancel X number of days before the reservation they reserve the right to charge your credit card $4800. I think not. Got back to work and found another place even better rented through the owner for less and with a hot tub. Ride and soak, life is good!

Have a good weekend.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Good morning,

As for the great cabin search in Prescott, I finally received a reply to my reservation request. Reading the fine print they want you to sign a contract saying that if there are any discrepancies or problems during your stay or if you cancel X number of days before the reservation they reserve the right to charge your credit card $4800. I think not. Got back to work and found another place even better rented through the owner for less and with a hot tub. Ride and soak, life is good!

Have a good weekend.
Prescott? Look out for wandering burrows!!! ;)