Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

I guess I sound like a broken record here, but hot and humid days with crazy storms in the evening every day this week.

Made some fantastic Tikka Masala fish with basmati rice and veggies last night. Seared the mackerel on the charcoal grill before simmering in the sauce and washed it down with a few Dunkelweizen Dark Wheat beers. Freakin' aewsome. Even Colin was digging in and enjoying it. Watched the doggie agility games on TV and checked out a bit of the Lakers/Magic game befor hitting the sack.

Got some stupid conference call thing to do in about an hour with corporate HQ--which I just know means more stupid paperwork for some stupid thing they've dreamed up for us to do this week. :banghead:

Y'all have a great day!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Friday!! 'Bout time it's Friday. I was so excited about working out yesterday and I ended up blowing it off. My hammy was too damn sore and I didn't want to risk hurting it any more. I'll once again aim for tonight.

Tomorrow I am brewing a double IPA which will hopefully be better than the first one I brewed. That's pretty much the only thing I've got planned for the weekend.

Red Wings game 7 tonight! :banana:

Got some stupid conference call thing to do in about an hour with corporate HQ--which I just know means more stupid paperwork for some stupid thing they've dreamed up for us to do this week. :banghead:
Ahh, don't you love being back to the daily grind? :)

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
It's getting a little warmer here in the Basin. I've got to work a late shift today/tonight (bummer) so this morning I'm thinking about taking the dogs to the park, going for a swim and a run, and maybe doing a couple of chores if time/energy permits.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Super foggy here, and really wet. Gross. I've got Friday off, as usual, and I was going to go do a little trail work, but maybe I'll wait. Off to Boston for a few days on Monday morning.

Looking forward to the Pens-Wings game tonight.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I hate my job with such a burning passion right now it makes my teeth hurt. If it wasn'for health care I would drop a steaming turd and my resignation on my bosses desk right now.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Too much rain for any stream snorkeling the past couple days. Just spinning mah wheels at work.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Rain, Rain Go Away! My commute was foiled by a nice downpour this morning :( I am not that hardcore yet. Busy weekend on deck for me...Local Bike Club's Ride Event is tomorrow and we're leading rides, BBQing and having fun while Syd goes to a wedding with my folks. Sunday is my sister's bridal shower...half of the flowers for her cake are done already so I have plenty of work to do tonight!

I'm getting a headache so I am off to find some more water. Damn mold!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I was distracted last night and thought I needed to set the alarm for 715, but I needed to leave home at 715! doh!

I have my 1st ever Chiro apt tonight - stupid lower back has been killing me all week...unless I am laying down or on the Mtn bike.

Sunday is race#1 of the NYS series mtn bike series, I cant decide to race the series in expert SS or expert age group??

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Made some fantastic Tikka Masala fish with basmati rice and veggies last night. Seared the mackerel on the charcoal grill before simmering in the sauce and washed it down with a few Dunkelweizen Dark Wheat beers. Freakin' awesome.
that sounds great!

mackerel is totally underrated as a fish. it's actually one of my go-to choices for sushi.

last night i went to my youngest son's play which was fun.

the weather here sucks.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.

I am so glad it is friday. This is our slow time of the year at work & boy does time drag. :dead:

This weekend we are going riding (hopefully), bottling our brown ale, drinking & maybe going to the library.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I was distracted last night and thought I needed to set the alarm for 715, but I needed to leave home at 715! doh!

I have my 1st ever Chiro apt tonight - stupid lower back has been killing me all week...unless I am laying down or on the Mtn bike.

Sunday is race#1 of the NYS series mtn bike series, I cant decide to race the series in expert SS or expert age group??
D'oh! Gears are for wussies right?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Epic Office Fail yesterday:

"Hawaiian Luau" complete with food, drinks, and contests.

Food: PF Changs beef and chicken with rice. FAIL!
Drinks: Fruit Punch in a can. FAIL!
Music: Bob Marley? FAIL!
Contest: Hawaiian shirt, 3 people of the 250 actually wore one. FAIL!

Wow, wrong on so many levels. How can you call it a luau without a pork product?

Today sucks, too. Thank god for the weekend.