resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
swallowed a crown this morning.

time to throw some money away.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy JEANS Friday! HOORAY!! 'Bout time Friday got here. This five day work week actually went by fast. I guess that's what happens when you're busy.

Due to heavy rain, I had to take my scheduled training run inside on the treadmill yesterday. I ran 16.6 miles (≈2.5 hours @ 9:14 pace). Surprisingly, nothing hurts today and my legs feel no pain. Huh. I'm starting to think that I might actually be in pretty good shape.

I predict no riding this weekend for me and Wife due to hurricane conditions. They are predicting up to six inches of rain this weekend. That's a lotta rain.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Got rained on yesterday, then the rain stopped, then I went home. Went to a different dojo last night, Chief Instructor changed at my last one, and the only reason we were going there, was because I out tanked the local Chief Instructor. The local one is closer to me now, so I'm going to work out there and BigT is taking lessons there. I have to find a new instructor for myself.

I get to go in late today, and possibly go home early. Next week I'm returning to our project in RI until completion.

Tomorrow I'm teaching a self defense course that I donated to MS, and a couple of monkeys and their spouses are taking the course.

Be safe out there.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.
wrapping up a big project today at work. hopefully my over night render will turn out OK.
shiz gon be dope.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
oh happy day, today is day 26 of working 26 freaking days in a row. I am so looking forward to riding and general slacking on Saturday, Sunday I will do some low angle rescue training in the morning then go for a couple of hours of trail running with my dogs.

I get to drive old folks in wheelchairs to a party at a community center and back today.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
FYIF! (F*** Yeah It's Friday) Thinking about riding after work today but still recovering from my ride on Wednesday night. Checked out new singletrack trails that were built near my house and took 2 fairly epic crashes which resulted in my forearm and knee being scraped to hell.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
bikes tonight, and a ride tomorrow at my favorite local trails, which probably won't survive the hurricane. might be the last time until spring i get to ride it.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
only 2 more days of work then back to my riding every day after school schedule. im pretty pumped but i still have to go pick my bike up from milford. so ill have to wait a little bit.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Crazy awesome good XC ride last night. Full loop, non-stop, with only 1 unclip to dab a foot on a wet root slip. Riding solo has it's benefits I guess....

Either doing a long ass ride or kayaking tomorrow...still need to have a huddle with my friend to decide.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good morning!

Wrapping up my first week at the new jorb. It is a jeans friday for me,too.

Not looking forward to charging headfirst into this storm tonight to get pops boat out of the water, but it may end up three counties over if we don't. Storm surge is going to be about 10 to 12ft and that is noooo good.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Render did not finish. Looks like a day of waiting.
But free pizza at the employee dining room today!

Think I am gonna play me some High Noon!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
boo. ear infection spread to other ear. sucks to feel like sh*t during the nicest weather of the year. Decided not to go to work and doc appt isn't until 3... maybe I can test my equilibrium on the bike.... it'd just be more info for the doc when I go, right? ;)

Other than that, happy friday, yay weekend, blah blah blah :)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

Installed a new door (first time) last night for our bedroom. Solid wood is SO much better hollow core. Our old door also had a sweet 3 inch gap to the floor because the house used to have shag carpet (now is refinished hardwood). Pretty happy about it. Ah the little things...

This weekend I am planning on doing some more things around the house. Starting to work on a plan to change all of out electric appliances (stove and range) in the kitchen to gas. Hoping to use our home warranty on our 30 year old appliances to help with the costs for new ones.

Last edited:

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Hotter than Hell race weekend here in Wichita Falls. Think I will take the afternoon off and go check out the consumer show. See if there is any bike stuff I can't live without or maybe just some free swag.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Hotter than Hell race weekend here in Wichita Falls. Think I will take the afternoon off and go check out the consumer show. See if there is any bike stuff I can't live without or maybe just some free swag.
As in Witchita, Kansas? Was "Flatter than Hell" already taken?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
So today at 2:40 I find out if I did any serious damage to my knee a few weeks back. Was riding Northstar in Tahoe and started to go OTB. Jumped off and landed on a rock (on my feet/foot) but my foot was pointed up and I bent at the waist and touched the ground in front of me, hyper-extending my knee. I know I strained my calf in the process, but I may have also partially torn my LCL (outside ligament in the right knee).

On top of that, my wife and I separated last week... I had our son this week, so was kept quite busy (he is only 1), but next week it is just me and the dog, for the first time in um... 13 years. If I cant ride, I'm gonna FREAK OUT.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Getting hitched in Vegas on Monday :eek::panic::weee:
LOL... Just read this after I posted my last post.
Seems like the Lion King or something. Hakuma Matta - Circle of marriage.

I wish you the best of luck, and don't for one second get complacent or take your relationship for granted. :thumb:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
So today at 2:40 I find out if I did any serious damage to my knee a few weeks back. Was riding Northstar in Tahoe and started to go OTB. Jumped off and landed on a rock (on my feet/foot) but my foot was pointed up and I bent at the waist and touched the ground in front of me, hyper-extending my knee. I know I strained my calf in the process, but I may have also partially torn my LCL (outside ligament in the right knee).

On top of that, my wife and I separated last week... I had our son this week, so was kept quite busy (he is only 1), but next week it is just me and the dog, for the first time in um... 13 years. If I cant ride, I'm gonna FREAK OUT.
Sucks to hear man on both of those. I am 1 year and 4 months past the day of the divorce being finalized.

I am much happier. Hopefully everything works out well with your son.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Getting hitched in Vegas on Monday :eek::panic::weee:
Congrats! Be sure to post drunk vegas wedding photos!

Good luck man!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
ACK! I took the dogs for a walk and Kona rolled in something dead again--I had to pick BONES and a RAT TAIL out of her training collar! EWWWWW! :bad: