Quantcast

Friday GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
After midnight and I'm still awake. Hoping to crash soon.

While I was at work Thursday, working with people about to do REALLY stupid things with their life savings, I stared thinking about my financial diatribes over the years. The ones on here, emails to friends, daily conversations with people at work, etc. I realized that if I sat down and put all of it together, I could actually write a book that would be pretty useful. It would be in plain English; no heavy use of jargon without thorough explanation. Realistically targeting 20-30 year old individuals who are either digging themselves out of huge holes, or have a bit of money and are figuring out what the hell to do with it. I hated reading books that were written for my parent's generation trying to frantically save for retirement.

Just aggregating what I have, no organizing, has me at 15 pages. That doesn't include any kind of clear thought process or thorough explanations, like I want to add. I figure this will be around 75-100 pages, so not overwhelming either. My basic outline should place me comfortably at that range too.

I'm not sure if there is a market for that, but I'm going to write it anyways.:eek:

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well it was a good ride, lots of memories, I'd like to think I made a difference in the lives of a lot of folks. I became an Ex Firefighter today. It was time, I could feel it in my bones and I didn't want to be "that guy", the old guy that should have hung it up earlier.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Friday it is!!! One of our friends it turning 30 on Saturday so she wants us all to go out to a few bars downtown that we all used to frequent. It will be fun to hit up our old favorite bars but then again we're not the young crowd anymore. I'm guessing that my wife and I will be home and asleep by midnight.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning.

Friday it is!!! One of our friends it turning 30 on Saturday so she wants us all to go out to a few bars downtown that we all used to frequent. It will be fun to hit up our old favorite bars but then again we're not the young crowd anymore. I'm guessing that my wife and I will be home and asleep by midnight.

:D

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.

stoney: Great idea. Seriously.
Eric: Congrats on what I'm sure was a great run as a firefighter.

General well wishes to everyone else in teh GMT .. even grouchy ol' SS. :D

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Its funny cause he can no longer barhop!!!! He is already admitting defeat before giving it a shot!.
Hey now, I'm not admitting defeat just yet. The wife and I found a sitter for our son and we're gonna give it a shot.

We used to be the couple that was always up to close down the bars on any given night. We're just very out of practice since having our son.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hi there. I'm doing things. Not great things, but things that one day I hope to maybe be remembered for.

Stoney: good luck with that, SRSLY. Include the part about the hoody.
Eric: best of luck, sir.
ICEBALL8675309: party like it's 1999 out there. Then call me in another 10 years and tell me how old you REALLY were this weekend.
SkaredShtls: just... you know... FU.

*To my Colorado peeps, November is upon us, and it seems prudent that we select a mid-week calendar day very soon on which to exercise our God-given rights as 'Mericans to make poor decisions.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

GFF showed up last night to hang out before pimping himself at Safeway this weekend. Gave him grief for all his travels and lack of monkey updates for those not on fb. He said he would get to updating monkeys shortly.

Another dry but cold day in Stumptown.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
15 inches of snow in 24 hours, 1 to 2 more inches expected. Blizzard conditions all day but only 17 reported accidents for a town of 65K. Drifts are only about 3 feet so you can sill drive through them.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HELLO.

Work seminar today. As boring as they can be, I ain't complaining about being away from my desk for a day.

Ran 13.1 miles (that's a half marathon for you non-runner types) in 1:59 this afternoon...nice and easy.

I'm ready to ski.