Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WHAT IT DO!

Knee update: Doc cut me loose from PT for now. It's only been seven weeks, but he wants me to continue rehab on my own and save the PT sessions. I'm going back in July for their advanced "return to athletics" program. In the meantime, I've been cleared for road riding (HOORAY!) and can start running and MTB again in May. I'm getting there...

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

The high temp is supposed to be around 50* all weekend long :weee:

Hoping to spend some time out in the garage working on the bikes.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. First day of vacation and I think I sold my road bike (YEAH) so hopefully I'll get some cash for a new project! Got a conference call this morning, and some house cleaning to do, but that's about all the excitement I can handle for one day :)

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Anything dry enough out that way to ride? We're heading that way next week and debating bringing bikes.
If you guys decide to bring your bikes and can plan a ride for one of the two days, I'd love to join you. ROC is only about 1.5hrs away from me. FB is probably the best way to reach me.

IAB: That's great news about your knee!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
had the option of driving the fat bus or staying in the office for a meeting with county EMS. I'm driving the fat bus. I've been on it for the last 4 days and each day had had at least a two hour downtime in it so I've swapped into running gear and gone out for 30-45 minutes or running, good stuff.

Congrats on the Knee IAB now don't do it again

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
A rousing weekend of work awaits. It's gonna be great.

I will work on my plot to spend an extra week in Van working from the office in April. Up early, deal with site issues in Dakar, leave early, go for rides on the new bike...

Yeah...that's the ticket!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. Mother-in-law coming into town today. Riding with Nick tomorrow morning. Celebrating spring solstice this weekend. Ready to go back to sleep.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
How difficult is it to change out a power window switch on a Mazda 3? My front driver side window is going on the fritz. $70 part on ebay.

Would it all just be a recipe for disaster? (Disaster being: rattly door panel forever after mangling some plastic clip of some kind...)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Passed on spring skiing this morning due to another night of not sleeping for sh!t.

Good news on the knee IRB. :thumb:

Peach: How do you know the problem is the switch? Regardless, changing it should be easy. Have a hammer, fire extinguisher and several beers on site prior to starting the job.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
:stupid:

I'd be inclined to suspect the motor before the switch unless they are some kind of known issue on the Mazda.

Just like aircraft maintenance!
Well, when I got my car driven into a few months back, the dude caved in my door. They replaced the door panel, but not the switches. Once the repair was done, it started to act up. Dude at the repair shop "advised" me that it was probably the switch, and unrelated to the damage from the impact.

I'm just taking his word for it...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
the window will only function intermittently. It's not like it struggles to go up or anything like that. Once it goes, it goes.

If it doesn't it doesn't. The motor doesn't even start. It seems quite "switch-y" to me..

You need to pull back and toward you on one attempt, then away and back from you on the second, then it will kick right in. Or not.

The dude at the shop said that there was probably some carbon buildup on a contact in the switch. Seemed plausible...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Well, the whole switch replacement sounds like a hassle.

I have two words for you .... "insurance fire".
^ This.
When in doubt summon the Jewish Lightning*

*lingo courtesy of a rabbi customer of mine

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
If you guys decide to bring your bikes and can plan a ride for one of the two days, I'd love to join you. ROC is only about 1.5hrs away from me. FB is probably the best way to reach me.
Keep us ROC peeps in the loop if you come out this way to do some riding.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Amazing day on on the beach today. Beautiful weather and running around with the boys all day. So one fell asleep in our arms picking up food and the other one put himself to bed before 7pm. Neptune Beach is a super cool place. Not to many tourist and filled with good restaurants and some cool cars

PS Foto taken with Camera Plus HDR and then a little Instagram to bring out the palm reflection in the glass. I could not get the right color of the car to show up though.