Quantcast

^&*Friday GMT?^&*

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've been up for an hour because of upset baby. Definitely not happy about this.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.

Stoney: good luck in your race tomorrow Dude!
Go fast. If anyone tries to pass you during the swim, elbow them to in the neck. :thumb:

Did a nice ride yesterday afternoon. Elevation kicked me a little bit, views were great, and the river was roaring SO loud. The climb was slow and technical, descent was fast and technical.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Good morning. Weekend cannot come quickly enough, a tired me is tired.

Nice pics Nick, I can only dream about vistas like that here. My heart would explode during that climb tho.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Chilling just outside of Kansas City for the rest of vacation at my sister-in-law's house. We went to my nephew's little league game last night. First year of kid pitch is a little painful to watch.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Have to conduct an interview this morning but other than that I fully intend to hermit up and stay in my cube all day doing data entry/programming. After work we are supposed to see another 4 houses tonight with the realtor. All but 1 have a 1 car garage. I'm finding that's common in my price range. :(

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I noticed the price of Newcastle stock has been dropping.

Camping trip tomorrow, so last minute shopping today. Camping pillows suck, but there is little room in the jeep, so every bit helps. It's only an overnight, but it's the first we've done with the jeep and our new gear, so the cargo space is uncertain. We are probably over packing, but this is also serving as the test run for the rest of the trips we have planned this summer.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hot diggity damn is adopting a dog/getting approved to be a foster a tough process. Applications, interviews, references, home visits, board approvals...It's like they'd rather put the dogs down than adopt them out.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van

Camping trip tomorrow, so last minute shopping today. Camping pillows suck, but there is little room in the jeep, so every bit helps. It's only an overnight, but it's the first we've done with the jeep and our new gear, so the cargo space is uncertain. We are probably over packing, but this is also serving as the test run for the rest of the trips we have planned this summer.
Glampin' ain't easy

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I still can't get into the storage space, I need to call that bastard up so I can get the boat. To morrow is the first day of summer and I am getting that bitch in the water. Do work and stuff.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. 7 more work days left at UW, today included. I'm planning on staying here late, post-work, to grab some data for a research project that I'll chew on/start analyzing once I'm at Denver.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

1 night, 2 people, and space in a Jeep is limited? I wouldn't say maybe overpacking. :D

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
we didn't buy ultra-light or backpacking gear. we are also bringing a stove, but that still shouldn't be bad. I'm not worried that we are bringing too much, but she seems to think we are. Regardless, we plan on some longer trips later this year, so this will be good practice, and help us build our checklist.

the bags are rated to 30, and we tested them zipped. they connect pretty easily, but didn't strike me as terribly warm in the in-house test with the windows open. guess i'll know for sure soon.

I did want to buy the propane stove with the usb charger attached, but it was a bit pricey. I did get some dehydrated mint chocolate chip ice cream :weee: