Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Happy Friday yall.

I stayed up way too late last night. Must push through the day, I can't wait to hit the trail tonight.

On another note, every ride this week has been a complete poopshow. The poor girl has been covered in everything from thick poop mud to slimy and greasy/watery poop mud. I think its almost time for a tear down for some resuscitation (ie, good excuse to buy another case of beer).

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Driving to DC to meet up with one of my best old friends who is flying in from Denmark. I have not been there since 1992 and I have no idea what to do, where to eat etc. Only thing I remember is Air and Space museum was pretty cool.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Even though this has been a 3-day week, it's dragged. Nice relaxing weekend hanging around the house with the girl this weekend.

Trying to figure out how I want to add stairs to the back porch and a walkway from said stairs to the pool. Can't be walking through grass going to the pool. #firstworldproblems

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Wife, kid, mother in law fly in in a few hours! Baby gates are up. Unpacking is perhaps 5% done via my handiwork. Why do packers use so much of that wrapping paper stuff? 3 sheets per lousy glass...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I got a bag of Palisades peaches from the Golden farmer's market last Saturday morning. :drool:
Those are reason enough to walk down there first thing in the morning before riding.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Spent a little time with the grandbaby yesterday. Hes now taking steps. His 1st birthday is next weekend, so I am getting him a glider bike of sorts. Need to check a few out, that little ginger is getting fast. :rofl:

Also looking for a toddler life jacket for the boat. Hope to take my boy and his little man out on the river. It's Friday, bitches.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Afternoon.

Spent all morning in jury duty selections in downtown Rochester. Didn't get picked and was dismissed by lunch time. Now I have all day to do whatever I want! Thinking I'll mow the lawn and possible small bike ride.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
A few months ago I took a Rock Shox Reverb to DirtLabs in Boulder for a complete rebuild... it had a couple thousand miles on it and was getting slaw-pay. They did a fantastic job, quick turnaround, and it felt awesomely like new again.

After a few rides I was climbing a local hill, dropped the Reverb at the top for the descent. When the hill went back up again BAM! seat pole wouldn't come back up. WTH??!! Took it back to DritLabs, they stood behind their work and "warrantied" the blown seal i.e. re-bled and put in a new seal, etc.

AWESOME.

Fast forward a few moar rides and KAPLOW, same behaviour. Very odd. Back to DirtLabs, and they were determined to get to the bottom of it. Took the whole damn thing apart, and sorted out that the stanchion / shaft part of the Reverb was slightly bent. The theory is that when the bushings were worn and there was slop in there, the bent shaft was fine. Once new internals went in and tolerances were tightened up, the bended shaft was putting side load and the system and blowing seals.

So DirtLabs puts the whole she-banga-bang in a box and ships it off to RockShox with fingers crossed for warranty. This is a gen 1 Reverb, mind you. Got a phone call today—DirtLabs took receipt of a brand MF new Reverb under warranty today.

Excellent experience with DirtLabs and RockShox in this instance, super happy (obviously) and can't say enough goodness about how I was treated. In addition to knowing their isht with suspension rebuilds and mods, DirtLabs really did good by me to get RS to warranty the post, and RS was basically rad to provide a replacement.

tl;dr version: DirtLabs and RockShox gave me the customer service equivalent of Chinese massage with a happy ending, you should give them all your money.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A few months ago I took a Rock Shox Reverb to DirtLabs in Boulder for a complete rebuild... it had a couple thousand miles on it and was getting slaw-pay. They did a fantastic job, quick turnaround, and it felt awesomely like new again.

After a few rides I was climbing a local hill, dropped the Reverb at the top for the descent. When the hill went back up again BAM! seat pole wouldn't come back up. WTH??!! Took it back to DritLabs, they stood behind their work and "warrantied" the blown seal i.e. re-bled and put in a new seal, etc.

AWESOME.

Fast forward a few moar rides and KAPLOW, same behaviour. Very odd. Back to DirtLabs, and they were determined to get to the bottom of it. Took the whole damn thing apart, and sorted out that the stanchion / shaft part of the Reverb was slightly bent. The theory is that when the bushings were worn and there was slop in there, the bent shaft was fine. Once new internals went in and tolerances were tightened up, the bended shaft was putting side load and the system and blowing seals.

So DirtLabs puts the whole she-banga-bang in a box and ships it off to RockShox with fingers crossed for warranty. This is a gen 1 Reverb, mind you. Got a phone call today—DirtLabs took receipt of a brand MF new Reverb under warranty today.

Excellent experience with DirtLabs and RockShox in this instance, super happy (obviously) and can't say enough goodness about how I was treated. In addition to knowing their isht with suspension rebuilds and mods, DirtLabs really did good by me to get RS to warranty the post, and RS was basically rad to provide a replacement.

tl;dr version: DirtLabs and RockShox gave me the customer service equivalent of Chinese massage with a happy ending, you should give them all your money.
to be totally honest, sram would warranty stuff if you smashed it with a hammer.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Good to hear - I really should take my Reverb *and* my Revelation up there for the Full Monty.

Oh - and SRAM warrantied my 1st gen Reverb as well. Gen 2 has worked no issues since...

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good to hear - I really should take my Reverb *and* my Revelation up there for the Full Monty.

Oh - and SRAM warrantied my 1st gen Reverb as well. Gen 2 has worked no issues since...
Rock Shox warrantied my Lyrik when I had trouble with it. The second time too. And the third in fact. Then I sold that hunk of sh!t.