Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I feel I've already done a day's worth of work in the first half of this day.

I also had my vacation request for September denied, as apparently the deadline for getting those requests in was well before I started. I guess I shall be missing the wedding rehearsal for my high school buddy... hmph.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nothing more rude that having a 30# dog jump up on the bed when the morning alarm went off and upon landing his front paw nailed one of my nuts......

owwww
man up son.

that was my brothers 115 lb ridgebacks favorite way to wake me up.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Still moving...trying to cram a house into two storage units, a friends garage, and the basement of the new house. Moving into 1/3 of the space, and we have purged entire rooms full of stuff already. Can't wait to begin the 2cnd move in a few weeks, and purge some more...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

Because I called my girlfriend out on Facebook when I linked an article about the 9 fattiest meals at a chain, she is taking me to Cheesecake Factory for lunch today. :rofl:

They had 3 of the 9 listed and I'd never been there, so she is taking me for a laugh and a sh!tty meal.

Last night we saw a local cover band that my lady got "VIP" tickets for that ended up being pretty cool. The owners of a local bar we go to closed up and the owners bought VIP tickets for the entire staff and gave them Thursday off. So we had a good time there, then decided everyone was going back to the bar. The owner didn't drink at the event and said he would work the bar solo.

We was killing it all alone with a bar of about 35 people, 10 of them employees getting lit. His wife jumped in at about 11:00 to help the poor guy out.

Some jackass was in there wearing an ankle locator. I pointed it out to Jen and said "I have a bad feeling about that guy". Less than an hour later, he sucker punches one of the employees, the boucer (who was off duty) takes the guy down, then his friends jump in, it was a mess. I left just as they were calling the cops.

I really like the owners and the folks who work there. I even like most of the regulars, but every so often some jackass(s) comes in. I hope I don't have to stay here for too much longer. :panic:

/coolstorybro

<edit> There are zero good bars within a 30 minute drive, this one it the least ****ty and it's only 5 minutes from the house. We hope to relocate closer to Portland proper eventually.

Last edited:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I am haunted from pain today you know from when the time you ride with groups. It pushed me hard and walking isn't easy yet. Though the race this weekend is on Sunday, I might sneak it past the pt advice.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
^^ LOL

I've heard "Greek lightning" before, as that's how many/most Greek restaurants ultimately would close their doors back in the old neighborhood.