Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin folks.

Truck is totally and the leak in my house was the result of a bad gasket on the plumbing vent where it came out of the roof. I guess at least I know the end result of both of those things now.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. I did some riding last night after four days of continuous rain. It was my last ride with a good friend who is moving to CA, that sucks. OTOH, TGIF!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Dealing with the jackass that hit my car. First he was going to pay cash, then he was going to use some shady insurance so it didn't affect his AAA, now hes using AAA but wants me to call them and file it. WTF is wrong with people?

Moar coffee.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all! Another cold, seat heater-utilizing morning. Today I'm academic after what felt like a long week, working 4 real days in a row. So far I've added GPL verbiage to some code, uploaded a few JavaScript apps to an internal server, and am delaying going over suggested revisions for a paper in progress. Goal for today is to incorporate said revisions and get the paper out to another co-author, so that the ball is no longer in my court.

The net result of this will likely be a paper that's 95% written by me, yet there will be four other authors hanging on it. Such is the game we pay--my payback will be getting similarly listed for doing minor work on their papers, as we all need 20 publications to get promoted...

Howdy all! Another cold, seat heater-utilizing morning. Today I'm academic after what felt like a long week, working 4 real days in a row. So far I've added GPL verbiage to some code, uploaded a few JavaScript apps to an internal server, and am delaying going over suggested revisions for a paper in progress. Goal for today is to incorporate said revisions and get the paper out to another co-author, so that the ball is no longer in my court.

The net result of this will likely be a paper that's 95% written by me, yet there will be four other authors hanging on it. Such is the game we pay--my payback will be getting similarly listed for doing minor work on their papers, as we all need 20 publications to get promoted...
One of the reasons why "higher education" is grotesquely overpriced and of limited effectiveness...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
While I agree with your underlying assertion about overpriced education, I don't see how the publication rat race affects that directly. It's just an arbitrary metric they chose in order to measure our academic productivity, and I fully intend to game the metric to reach my goal with the least amount of pain.

I'm paid about in line with what I should be, too, assuming that my academic work is "free" in that it doesn't bring in money directly for the university. My time is about 70% clinical, 30% research, and I'm roughly paid about 70% of what I'd make in private practice.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I fucking hate, HATE incompetent machine shops.

If you can't read a fucking drawing, don't take the job. Asscunts.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
This place welded up the mirror image of a $1,200 custom sanitary elbow/tee fitting I drew up.

Third angle projections are clearly beyond some people's grasp.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
This place welded up the mirror image of a $1,200 custom sanitary elbow/tee fitting I drew up.

Third angle projections are clearly beyond some people's grasp.
Today when I was getting waffles none of the were symmetrical. I was going to return them but then I noticed the waitress's boobs weren't the same size either. Then I realized that even though they weren't the same size, they were still nice. I decided to eat them anyways. The waffles not the boobs that is.... They were delicious.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
went for a ride this am. slow on the climb, fast on the descent. pay day. pending vehicle purchase to relax the single vehicle tensions in the household. I think it will be money well spent.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I thought you ate the boobs? :think:
So here is my dilemma. I am quite fond of the boobs and feel they are within reach. However having a place that will serve me waffles and decent eggs after 1PM is much more difficult to find then a nice set of knockers to look at while I eat waffles.... As long as I don't act like a asshole I can have both boobs and waffles eventually.... I also like the fact that both waffles and Boobs are within a short walk away.....