Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
7am start time, this should have been the last day of work after 4 weeks straight with no days off but...working a one day fill in at a horse show tomorrow as a favor that is going to give me major you owe me points with a show manager. I must be out of my mind.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The haze is unrelenting. Cougar creek fire is near 10000 acres at this point. Supposed to get windy today. Maybe it will blow the fire down?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Had a decent ride last night. I thought I was going to be a complete mess due to lack of sleep, but the ride was decent. Kept up with my buddies on the climbs and killed the descents (IMVHO). Slept like shit, mostly through no fault of my kids (oldest was up only once). but the fuggin fire alarm low battery alarm went off at 4 in the morning. how much bad sleep luck can one family endure?!?!

Wife is taking my oldest to visit her parents tonight, so it's just me and the little one tonight. Take out, Thomas on Netflix and bedtime by 8. FTMFW. And the little one is the one who sleeps through the night too!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Supposed to get windy today. Maybe it will blow the fire down?
:rofl:

edit: "Cougar Creek, Yakama Agency, BIA. IMT 2 (Leitch). Six miles northwest of Glenwood, WA. Timber, medium logging slash and tall grass. Extreme fire behavior with crowning and long-range spotting. Structures threatened. Road, area and trail closures in effect." :panic:

edi2: Good lord, that entire report for the NW reads like a horror novel.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:rofl:

edit: "Cougar Creek, Yakama Agency, BIA. IMT 2 (Leitch). Six miles northwest of Glenwood, WA. Timber, medium logging slash and tall grass. Extreme fire behavior with crowning and long-range spotting. Structures threatened. Road, area and trail closures in effect." :panic:

edi2: Good lord, that entire report for the NW reads like a horror novel.
let's just hope they don't get that big earthquake that's predicted anytime soon.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
post work ride last night was kinda rough. I can't seem to handle the heat. Strava tells me I hit personal bests on some pretty significant climbs. This was clearly not the case.

Strava is baloney.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Welp. Work is off to a good start. Had my Seahawks Blue Friday rally this morning. Usually get turnout in the teens for pre/early season. I had nearly 70 today. I'm going to need to get more than 50 donuts next time... My son got to raise the 12th man flag, made me proud.

Yes, the rainy state has become the desert state. Unacceptable for ski bums like me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today is the start of a 4 day weekend for me. I plan on doing lots of biking.

In prep, I went and got a new helmet; an Urge Supatrail. I've been using a skateboard style Fox bucket helmet for the last 5-7 years (gone through like 3 of them) as those were literally the only ones that would fit my head. I'm pretty excited to use this.

Also picked up some new shorts.

Going to stick with my rotten but awesome shoes for now.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I just found out one of my co-workers died in a crash early this morning. I have no words. This feels like too much right now. Sorry to be bunny downer, I honestly don't have anyone to talk to right now.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I just found out one of my co-workers died in a crash early this morning. I have no words. This feels like too much right now. Sorry to be bunny downer, I honestly don't have anyone to talk to right now.
Awe man, crap news on top of sleep deprivation. Try to do something relaxing or extremely stressful, but fun, like going out into the woods and scaring the crap out of yourself.

I'm so sleep deprived myself I'm getting a little squirrelly. Must go into the woods and sweat out the evil spirits.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry to hear that. I lost a couple of great colleagues to health troubles and it sucked. I still miss some of them.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My condolences, skibunny.

I spent the morning melting my brain choosing countertops, flooring, and the like at the design center for our house build. Shit be expensive, yo.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Pulled into Mont-Tremblant four hours behind schedule yesterday because holy fuck Montreal traffic. Pretty cool here though with the Ironman in town. Cyclists and runners all over the damn roads. I got out early this morning for my 9 mile run in the pouring rain. My shoes should dry out by Tuesday. Glad I brought two other pairs. Wife is at some athlete meeting now while I get her dinner ready.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That's not good. Like Angrymetalsmith mentioned, get out and do something.

First thought on the helmet I purchased; holy sweat in the face batman, the padding doesn't soak any of it up like my old helmet. I really need to get rid of these dual ply tires on my bike, too. I saw some Ardent EXOs for $62 today.....might go pick them up. Hmmm

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Thanks guys, it means a lot. The random storm with torrential rain and thunder stopped my ride, but a nap truly helps!