Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
buncha my *lucky* friends who aren't on mrmomman duty this weekend are meeting at the hub at 9 tomorrow to ride squirrel...you should join them. they're solid dudes.

also, don't believe the hype about how hard the climb up to farlow is...and how hard it is down. go tear dat chit up. or just do something involving avery and black.
9 am, are you high ? I won't even be out of bed by then. I'll probably ride something shortish on Sat. if I don't ride Kitzuma on the way. There has been almost no planning for this trip. So I'm just gonna wing it.

The climb up to Farlow is obnoxious, especially the last part where it gets steep and has a lot of loose gravel. However that could have changed since I was there last. Farlow is one of my favorites and I've ridden it many, many times, but mostly shuttled on a DH sled.

I've been itching to do Black the hard way. Take dirt rode up past Bennett to Club gap, then Left onto Black and ride/hike the whole damn thing. Not sure about this route though. I've been told that it could take 5-6 hours going that way.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I finished my day like I started it - with a bike ride. 13 miles into dawn, it gets dark wicket fast these days. It was a good day - I managed to get inspection stickers for both cars, got a parking permit at the town hall, rode twice for 25 miles combined, bought some good beer and also got a bit of work done. I wish every Friday was like that.

Now I have a hard decision to make: beer or G&T?

I am jelly of all you folks riding this weekend. I crashed my tits off on Sunday and finally was bothered enough to go to the clinic this morning. After some condescending and a couple neck x-rays, I've decided to catch up on chores before Mr. TRM comes home from Vegas. No shredding for me this weekend.
Vegas? At Outerbike? Does he own a bike shop?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
9 am, are you high ? I won't even be out of bed by then. I'll probably ride something shortish on Sat. if I don't ride Kitzuma on the way. There has been almost no planning for this trip. So I'm just gonna wing it.

The climb up to Farlow is obnoxious, especially the last part where it gets steep and has a lot of loose gravel. However that could have changed since I was there last. Farlow is one of my favorites and I've ridden it many, many times, but mostly shuttled on a DH sled.

I've been itching to do Black the hard way. Take dirt rode up past Bennett to Club gap, then Left onto Black and ride/hike the whole damn thing. Not sure about this route though. I've been told that it could take 5-6 hours going that way.
dunno bout that black route. either way i'd go up from the horse stables and the do either middle and lower black to the right or go left, HAB up the steps to the top of black and rip down the backside over to avery.

i ride like once a month on a 34# freeride bike-the climb to the top of farlow is fine.

do you have avenza maps? that app + pisgah maps = supah awesum.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I watched a bald eagle fish today. It was awesome. Made my day, Played with a hot chicks puppy at the local dog park also. Had expensive Italian Cold cuts and cheeses for lunch in the park. Punched out a ride also...

dunno bout that black route. either way i'd go up from the horse stables and the do either middle and lower black to the right or go left, HAB up the steps to the top of black and rip down the backside over to avery.

i ride like once a month on a 34# freeride bike-the climb to the top of farlow is fine.

V wanted to do Black Mountain when we were there, local rider and the shops said impossiburu. I guess I need to try it when I'm down there in the spring.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Yeah, Clawhammer is the more common route. I've just never ridden the entire Black Mountain trail.

I'm no stranger to pushing a sled in the hills. When I lived up there I ripped the BB off my trail bike and was left with a 46 pound DH sled as my only bike. And I rode it all over Pisgah. Did Kitzuma on it several times. Takes fucking forever, but it can be done.

Will have to check out that app. Just going old school with a physical map but now with a pair of reading glasses.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am jelly of all you folks riding this weekend. I crashed my tits off on Sunday and finally was bothered enough to go to the clinic this morning. After some condescending and a couple neck x-rays, I've decided to catch up on chores before Mr. TRM comes home from Vegas. No shredding for me this weekend.
Someone apply +rep for "crashed my tits off"

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Happy Friday!!! Camping and riding all weekend. Today is day 3 of me trying to enact GASB 68 at work. I feel stupid sometimes.
I can make you feel really smart, we recently replaced our cute little apple pads with some sort of Dell. The docking station has a two stage type of ether net port that's clicks two times before it connects, I was actually on hold with tech support before I figured it out.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Are we posting in Friday for Monday? This is going to get confusing. Today is MONDAY! I'm going to talk about my crash from the WEEKEND in the MONDAY thread... Geez guys get it right!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
There IS a Monday GMT. Somebody has had too many trips to the bong shed this weekend...
There was perhaps not ENOUGH trips to the bong shed this weekend! And too much alcohol. I could totally cut alcohol out, that stuff makes me so weird and moody the next day. But the bong shed, now friend THAT is a different story!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Tell me a story.
Oo! That's my favorite! I love stories!

Once upon a time, there was a cat, a dog, and a frog. One day, the frog was hopping about the lily pads, being ever mindful of the beautiful cat who was hiding in the long grass with just the tip pf his tail twitching in the summer breeze. As the frog sat, he thought, "Oh how I wish I had a beautiful shiny coat of fur, just like the pretty grey feline."

It so happened that a spotted dog in a Santa hat walked by at that moment for a drink of cool pond water.
"Hello frog," said the dog.
"Hello dog," said the frog.
"It seems you have a kitty companion," the dog observed, "would you like me to scare him away so he doesn't try to eat you?"
"No, thank you." Said the frog, "but, perchance, could you help me with some camouflage? I'm ever so fond of the cat's grey fur, and would like some of my own. Maybe he would not love to chase me so, if I were covered in the same soft coat."
"It just so happens that I can!" The little black and white dog barked, "let me grab a friend, he can make this dream come true!!"

The dog took off like a doctor late for surgery, and the frog flicked a fly out of the air for a snack.

After the sun had lowered itself a bit, and it seemed the cat had taken to a siesta, the little spotted dog came bounding back on a leash of sorts. Only... this was a very... tubular leash... and the thing at the other end was a monkey in a space suit! Was it a space monkey? Was it that on from the space station? Was it.... what the hell was it? The frog looked on in curiosity. The cat was startled from its nap, and took to cleaning whiskers and waited.

"Hallooooo! Ribbit! And other such nonsense!" yelled the monkey in greeting, "I understand that you are in need of a wardrobe upgrade, and I am just the fellow for the job!" With that, he grabbed the leash (now very clearly the air supply duct to his suit) in one hand, and his tail in the other. He flicked them like whips into the sky, and then let them fall to hit the water of the pond. The skies shook, the water trembled, and all went dark.

When the cloud of darkness was lifted, the cat, the dog, and the monkey were met with a peculiar sight. The frog was now covered in fur, identical to the grey cat. "Hooray!" he exclaimed, jumping from pad to pad with delight, "Just feel how soft I am! I'm like you! I'm a soft little cat and now we can play and you don't have to eat me!" He hopped to the dog for a hug, and a kiss on the glass helmet of the monkey before excitedly hopping over to the cat.

"How very curious..." said that cat softly. He circled the furry frog, and turned to the monkey and dog, "Thank you, good sirs!" he projected across the pond, "I am rather fond of hopping mice! They are my favorite snack after a snooze! Adieu!" And he gobbled that fury frog right up.

The end

Oo! That's my favorite! I love stories!

Once upon a time, there was a cat, a dog, and a frog. One day, the frog was hopping about the lily pads, being ever mindful of the beautiful cat who was hiding in the long grass with just the tip pf his tail twitching in the summer breeze. As the frog sat, he thought, "Oh how I wish I had a beautiful shiny coat of fur, just like the pretty grey feline."

It so happened that a spotted dog in a Santa hat walked by at that moment for a drink of cool pond water.
"Hello frog," said the dog.
"Hello dog," said the frog.
"It seems you have a kitty companion," the dog observed, "would you like me to scare him away so he doesn't try to eat you?"
"No, thank you." Said the frog, "but, perchance, could you help me with some camouflage? I'm ever so fond of the cat's grey fur, and would like some of my own. Maybe he would not love to chase me so, if I were covered in the same soft coat."
"It just so happens that I can!" The little black and white dog barked, "let me grab a friend, he can make this dream come true!!"

The dog took off like a doctor late for surgery, and the frog flicked a fly out of the air for a snack.

After the sun had lowered itself a bit, and it seemed the cat had taken to a siesta, the little spotted dog came bounding back on a leash of sorts. Only... this was a very... tubular leash... and the thing at the other end was a monkey in a space suit! Was it a space monkey? Was it that on from the space station? Was it.... what the hell was it? The frog looked on in curiosity. The cat was startled from its nap, and took to cleaning whiskers and waited.

"Hallooooo! Ribbit! And other such nonsense!" yelled the monkey in greeting, "I understand that you are in need of a wardrobe upgrade, and I am just the fellow for the job!" With that, he grabbed the leash (now very clearly the air supply duct to his suit) in one hand, and his tail in the other. He flicked them like whips into the sky, and then let them fall to hit the water of the pond. The skies shook, the water trembled, and all went dark.

When the cloud of darkness was lifted, the cat, the dog, and the monkey were met with a peculiar sight. The frog was now covered in fur, identical to the grey cat. "Hooray!" he exclaimed, jumping from pad to pad with delight, "Just feel how soft I am! I'm like you! I'm a soft little cat and now we can play and you don't have to eat me!" He hopped to the dog for a hug, and a kiss on the glass helmet of the monkey before excitedly hopping over to the cat.

"How very curious..." said that cat softly. He circled the furry frog, and turned to the monkey and dog, "Thank you, good sirs!" he projected across the pond, "I am rather fond of hopping mice! They are my favorite snack after a snooze! Adieu!" And he gobbled that fury frog right up.

The end
Nice.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Okay so I am holding the kid. It stops crying. It falls asleep and all the adults got up and go outside. I am stuck here holding a sleeping quiet child. I gotta fucking pee now. WTF? It has some huge ass boogers in its nose....