Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
yay not feeling jet lagged today. Did my CPR recert class last night. no more CE's and tests to pass to renue my EMT lic:banana:

on a health note I have now dropped 23 pounds, 32 more to reach my target weight. Much easier to stay fit when you don't have broken bones to deal with.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
slow walk in to work today with the 3 or so inches of snow on the ground. but whatever, I'm here. year end evaluation is 20 minutes. time for a poop.

went for a ride last night. It snowed a bit during the day, but was just a dusting. I figured the trails would still be hard packed and gloriously cruisy. But when we got to the trails, there was at least 3" of fresh snow. three of us were on fatbikes and two on skinnies. I seem to be the only one that didn't have fun. maybe there's something wrong with me. maybe it's that I kept thinking how awesome the conditions would be on skis. I was annoyed because the climbs were twice as hard due to a combination of resistance of snow and spinning out on the climbs. Paired with the fact that you can't really attack the corners because it was too slippery (think peanut butter mud). Skiing would have been far better.

Headed to a bongshed on a lake tonight. we'll have to ski in over a frozen (we hope) lake. five guys, a cabin in the woods, a hole in the ice. I'm not sure whether to be afraid or to look forward to it.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Free beer!! My boss took our team out last night. Weekend plans are to ski and do other stuff. No football this weekend :(

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mornin! :wave:

Someone was rocking out to audible music in the deuce closet while I was at the urinal. Is that normal?
It might not be normal, but I don't think its strange.

Now, those people that answer the phone on the pooper, no that's not normal. Or those people that try to start up a conversation with you, while pinching one out, not normal.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wife was able to get time off too so she will join in on our the road trip to Naples, FL. Not sure if I want to go I95 or go through PA and Charlotte at least on the way down.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wife was able to get time off too so she will join in on our the road trip to Naples, FL. Not sure if I want to go I95 or go through PA and Charlotte at least on the way down.
I-95 is the worst. Nothing but a giant traffic jam until you get past Richmond, they pretty much nothing but a flat straight highway in a hallway of pine trees.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Today I am picking up the MIL from the airport, trying to get the wife's car smelling a bit less like Mariko's puke from yesterday, and possibly writing some papers. Possibly.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It might not be normal, but I don't think its strange.

Now, those people that answer the phone on the pooper, no that's not normal. Or those people that try to start up a conversation with you, while pinching one out, not normal.
if someone is on the phone while in the bathroom, i make a point to try to fart as loud as I can

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Current status on Puerto Rico cancellation (assuming we get refunded our points for the hotel): $1200.
Brutal. Could be worse though... At least the island hoppers are letting me move my flights around.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Mornin! :wave:

Someone was rocking out to audible music in the deuce closet while I was at the urinal. Is that normal?
A co-worker and I were talking about men/women bathroom "oddities". She was talking about certain ladies in the office who are ALWAYS on the phone when in the sh!tter having loud conversations.

My favorite is still the guy who walks into the bathroom browsing his phone, walks up to the urinal, one hands his business, then walks out with out ever taking the one hand off the phone AND failing to wash the one hand he used. :disgust1:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
One island hopper cancelled with my flight changed to my outbound inter-island flight. Total cost now at $1080.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
What is your MPG average on trans fluid usually?
I checked everything after I got it back in December. It still has a full tank, clean oil, and full on all other fluids. I or someone else drives it weekly. They said it drove fine when they drove it. I drove it after them and had no obvious problems. I put a quart of ATF in and it hit the bottom of the dipstick. Got reverse, no drive and it revs like holy hell in Neutral. Clunks when I put it in drive....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I checked everything after I got it back in December. It still has a full tank, clean oil, and full on all other fluids. I or someone else drives it weekly. They said it drove fine when they drove it. I drove it after them and had no obvious problems. I put a quart of ATF in and it hit the bottom of the dipstick. Got reverse, no drive and it revs like holy hell in Neutral. Clunks when I put it in drive....
Congratulations on your new transmission!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Have you had your oil changed recently? Not uncommon for people to drain the wrong thing.
In December. They gave me a Winter service special for free while they swapped out the airbag. The dealership is on the way to pick it up.....