Quantcast

~-~Friday GMT~-~

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Dang - we've got a crew of 4 going up to Bailey tomorrow. Will probably try to hit Wilsons next weekend. I'l Looking forward to finally checking it out!

@jbp, @angry is right on both counts - and Bennett is good fun.

I run 34/11-42. No problems with bending cogs, although I think my actual derailleur is bent a bit right now. Those numbers work great for me, although I'd love to drop to 10-42.

Finally shook the headache and feeling like crap that've been hanging around all day. Looking forward to sleeping tonight. Still feel vaguely yucky.
Dang, bad timing. Please give report when you get back!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So with about 30 minutes of daylight left and 20+ to go my derailleur detonated. On a climb, that's right, a climb. Also broke the chain, trashed the new cable, bent housing, and further wobbled mah wheel. Fuck !

I was able to remove the dangling bits so I could coast some. Still, just barely made it to the car by 8:00.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
So with about 30 minutes of daylight left and 20+ to go my derailleur detonated. On a climb, that's right, a climb. Also broke the chain, trashed the new cable, bent housing, and further wobbled mah wheel. Fuck !

I was able to remove the dangling bits so I could coast some. Still, just barely made it to the car by 8:00.

So not cool... kind of knar though. :headbang:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I've started enough backcountry rides/hikes to understand the risks, including the knowledge of spending a cold dark night in the woods. Could kill me, probably will not, I am OK with it either way.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
About a year and a half ago I bought a pair of molded sole GoreTex Vasque hiking boots size 13EE first really comfortable boot I have had in a long time. The Vibram sole while sticky was not too agressive and was way to soft. I started tearing off lugs while hiking. To weeks ago i really ripped the sole. My shoe guy said he could resole them. So $75.00 later i got them back. they now have a more tradition sole on them. Hiked two miles tonight to break them in. Bit heavier but more stable with less torsional flex. I can't wait to take them out of some rough trails and see how they hold up. I guess this means I will have to go backpacking and soon:thumb:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Went to see a neat local rodeo, then got a bunch of drinks with very nice park rangers in this tiny national park village (population 67). Also, it is tough to beat the night sky here in SD, although the nights in ND camps were even better. :nerd: