Quantcast

Friday GMT

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Working on my fence this morning, hopefully I can get a small nap before work while lil man sleeps. Was a fun morning as I walked to the garage not 20 feet away, lil man came running into the new fence, knocking one of the 16x4 foot cattle panels over onto himself, pinning him to the ground. He didn't get hurt at all but was funny as hell

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
XTR v-brakes and a PIG DH headset. CX bike is organizing nicely... I might actually make money on this silliness. :rofl:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The LA Times article was tough to read. Sad coincidence, I saw a new homeless woman in my neighborhood this morning. She was folding her tarp into her shopping cart on a corner where the homeless have never slept.
Just blame it on legalized weed like the locals here do. That way you can pretend that it's a matter of poor personal choices and continue to ignore the problem. Just like Jesus would do!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just blame it on legalized weed like the locals here do. That way you can pretend that it's a matter of poor personal choices and continue to ignore the problem. Just like Jesus would do!
It'd be easier to do if I didn't see syringes on the street.

Beginning to wonder why I fight to stay in this city I loved. It's not the same city.

Let's see. Gave a bunch of money to company doing solar installation. Got bagels. Mowed some lawn. Went into Middlebury to talk to a friend about MTB access stuff, particularly preventing enthusiastic n00bs from dumbing down trails. Went to camp, disassembled some leaking plumbing, figured out what parts I need, cut up a fallen cedar bole, went back into town, got the parts, drove home, opened a beer.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The LA Times article was tough to read. Sad coincidence, I saw a new homeless woman in my neighborhood this morning. She was folding her tarp into her shopping cart on a corner where the homeless have never slept.
The Art District has a bus station on one end and a homeless shelter at the other, in a city that is a hub for East Coast transients. I have mixed feelings about the situation. While I try to have compassion for my fellow man, especially given the fact that non of us are more than a few months of bad luck from being in the same position, it becomes tiresome, especially when one's livelihood is effected by it.

Most of the regular, long time homeless, I know their names and talk to them. Some are homeless by choice, circumstance, or mental illness. But the pan handlers have become more aggressive and obnoxious. Some of whom are clearly not homeless, but non locals can't tell the difference between an artist and a homeless person.

One lazy ass pan handler, who clearly wasn't homeless, started to hit me up for cash with a mouth full of marbles and heavy hillbilly accent as I walked by. No more than ten feet from the neighborhood bench he was parked on was a $20 bill laying on the sidewalk.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The Art District has a bus station on one end and a homeless shelter at the other, in a city that is a hub for East Coast transients. I have mixed feelings about the situation. While I try to have compassion for my fellow man, especially given the fact that non of us are more than a few months of bad luck from being in the same position, it becomes tiresome, especially when one's livelihood is effected by it.

Most of the regular, long time homeless, I know their names and talk to them. Some are homeless by choice, circumstance, or mental illness. But the pan handlers have become more aggressive and obnoxious. Some of whom are clearly not homeless, but non locals can't tell the difference between an artist and a homeless person.

One lazy ass pan handler, who clearly wasn't homeless, started to hit me up for cash with a mouth full of marbles and heavy hillbilly accent as I walked by. No more than ten feet from the neighborhood bench he was parked on was a $20 bill laying on the sidewalk.
I get it. We've got a few here who I'd suspect are acting the part. The kids in the crust punk uniforms with the pit bull puppies and clever cardboard signs seem a little too composed. Regardless, it is heart wrenching to see people struggle. It's also aggravating to see people out of their minds on drugs. I'm certain the drugs they turn to find comfort are generally the reason they need to find comfort.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Shoe lace broke while putting on the bike shoes tonight; bummer. Good thing I had a random one laying around from a hoodie or something.

Got absolutely assaulted by mosquitos, which made me chug my beer and almost puke going up the next hill. Sent it down this straight line down the side of a hill and someones dog jumped off the trail and followed. I didn't notice until I had coasted half way up the other side of the valley... The dogs owner was yelling on their phone. Ran into them again and she was still on the phone, but had time to blurt out "my dog is down there, be careful!". Lady, for one get off the phone and if you're worried about the pooch don't let it off the leash and out of your sight.

Anyways, great weather today, FINALLY. :)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went to a bar where you bring your own booze and you pay to have them serve it to you. Dafug? It's in a loft downtown and they open the windows so the bugs fly in. It was great. I'll be back....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Wilson's I presume ?

Need to get a few, ok, a lot moar rides in soon so I can hit them bigger hills. Suckin wind these days.
yeah...wilsons! i'm sure you'd be fine at there...i don't ride often. we did 16 miles. most of the climbs are fire roads to get to the fun descents. yesterday was 2500' climbing to hit headquarters and lost cove cliffs.

i was a bit tired after hiking 3/4 of a mile up one of the steepest descents out there with the chainsaw to try to remove a 3' hardwood. only got about 1/2 way through it before i ran out of gas. forgot how tired chainsaw work makes your forearms!