Quantcast

$ Friday GMT *

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Follow up visit with surgeon today. He asked how I felt. I told him I was a little sore after 8 miles on the gym bike last night. He looked at me in shock and asked if I was a triathlete. I guess I'm healing above the average, or too dumb to identify limits. Probably both.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just did a solid demo on a Yeti SB5.5 on trails I know from college. The bar has been reset, again. Felt natural, not the unwieldy, can't steer it 29'er that the Evil felt like. Both were running Maxxis DH Minion 2.5's, so comparable. The trails had some Colorado level technical, albeit only 300-400ft long, but proper rowdy at "if this goes wrong, it really goes wrong" speeds.

I could long distance manual it, pump it, jump it, move it in the air (not the Evil, a bit the SC), etc. The high turns were not as easy as the 26", but that's assumed given the wheel size. It was an L and I need an XL, so it was a bit short, but damn. That just pushed back up to the front. The Fox 36 Performance is shit. I would need to get a Pike.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well its actually Friday!

Really starting to look into the house renovation project. Goal is to be finish with all the big stuff before the end of the year. Right now my focus is to find somebody who can replace the roof and put in insulation which is not up to standards.

Next week I will also start to have all wall paper removed and uncover the original floor on the 2nd floor.

Little daunting

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Follow up visit with surgeon today. He asked how I felt. I told him I was a little sore after 8 miles on the gym bike last night. He looked at me in shock and asked if I was a triathlete. I guess I'm healing above the average, or too dumb to identify limits. Probably both.
high pain threshold from literally hanging around...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Last day at work before 4 weeks off. If all goes according to plan, I might even have a job offer in those 4 weeks, and can give my 2 weeks notice while I'm away.

Hope to ride lots and get shit done around the house.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Good news, now you can move up that boob job.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Can you expand upon your critique?
Riding over chatter the fork would stiffen and feel like it backs up. Under multiple, fast large hits, it felt like it would start to ricochet on later hits. The rebound did not adjust well at the higher pressures needed for my wookie ass.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I'm just going to assume this is the GMT again. I have neither the patience nor the energy to look. I now have a ceiling fan, but still no 220 to the garage. Level of fuckery with the electrician is disappointingly high. Should anyone wish to recommend an electrician to someone they don't like very much, let me know, I can hook you up.

Going to be another scorcher. House only got down to 74 degrees last night. :dead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:wave:

I'm just going to assume this is the GMT again. I have neither the patience nor the energy to look. I now have a ceiling fan, but still no 220 to the garage. Level of fuckery with the electrician is disappointingly high. Should anyone wish to recommend an electrician to someone they don't like very much, let me know, I can hook you up.

Going to be another scorcher. House only got down to 74 degrees last night. :dead:
DIY. It ain't that complicated. I'm figuring that with your airOplane hammerin' experience you have the skill. Just google up codes and standards to make sure your doing it right.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
On a day like this when I wish to leave home early in order to avoid unholy traffic, I wish I was gay. :rant:

Edit - crap, wrong thread. Thanks JBP!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Probably. But I'm saving time and frustration by having someone else do it! :butcher:

That is the thing. Rarely have I ever hired someone to do something I am capable of and actually saved time or frustration.

Well except for a new roof. Fuck that shit, never again.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Damn, crazy day. Last day before "vacation week" and trying to get stuff rolling. Got my 'do did, just waiting until 4 to bug out. Already set up my "out of office reply", just need whiskey.

It's also the dogs birthday, FYI. :rofl: