Quantcast

-@@ Friday GMT @@-

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Left work early yesterday because my head had a mild break. One of the young guys on my team, as I was packing up, came over to ask me if I was intending on coming in today because he wants to hang out with his dad for his birthday today. I didn't really know how to respond beyond and I was particularly mad so I left him with a: "Dude, I just had a small seizure. I can't tell you how I will feel tomorrow, but my priorities put you seeing your dad the day before the weekend somewhere in the zero range." He still sent me a text this morning to see if I was coming in. I'm waiting for a meeting request from his manager to tell me to be nice. Apparently he also asked a guy who is like deathly sick and should be staying home, less he takes down our whole team.

Otherwise, fts is at 12. in a meeting yesterday for feedback on how a part of the new system should be setup and made a comment about "the spot opening up in January, so these conversations won't have to be pre-scheduled".
Every week day I check out the GMT thread you are going on about some work drama. There is either a systematic problem at your workplace, or with you. You have control over both.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Coffee made, took doggos for a poo walk, working from my big comfy red chair. Leaving for Crested Butte later for a weekend bike riding, beer drinking, and hot tub sitting.

Got pizza take-away after riding last night, took it to a tiny new brewery in town. Coda Brewing is probably my new favorite place to drink beers... owner/head brewer Luke is a funny dude running a one-man show for now, he used to play in a band with a mate of mine who beertends at another brewery in town. The beer is fantastic, and the vibe is like the best-kept secret in Golden... it's out of the way and S-M-ALL.

I dig it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Every week day I check out the GMT thread you are going on about some work drama. There is either a systematic problem at your workplace, or with you. You have control over both.
We could hire a better group. We could have some better corporate policies. I am a focal point for a lot of these issues as a lot of other people's issues come to me and I deal with a lot of other departments which have their own problems. I just vent to you hoodlums.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was in a meeting this morning and a woman walked in coughing and hacking and sneezing all over the damn place. I asked her if she was sick and she told me she has a bad cold. I waiting a few minutes, said I had to take a call, and left the meeting. I've got my Ironman in a week...I don't need her focking sick germs right now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Adding some trails on Trail Forks over lunch here. Don't know what to name them, so defaulting to what a buddy once mentioned; name them after weed names. Seems to work out well.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Knocked some door for Governor candidate in nice part of town, over looking New Life and teh AFA. Went about like I expected. Jesus, are upper middle class white people uptight. :rolleyes: Neck feels sunburned. Contacted realtor, pretty sure we are downtown bound. Beer and chili in the meantime.

dentist after lunch\.........new bike shop is opening tomorrow
Coincidence?

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Trying to decide where to ride this weekend, mountains will be involved, it just depends where and if a ski lift is required.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went to check on my repair work that I had taped off because is was like oatmeal and needed to dry. And of course some random asshole cut the tape, with a knife. No respect for the gnomes who put in the hours.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You use oatmeal for trail work? That shit's for eatin', yo!
"like oatmeal"

For someone who relishes every chance they get to catch some bad grammar, your reading comprehension is, as @roflbox so aptly says, "laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'".

Please allow me to put it in terms your monocle can see. A tree fell, pulling up a huge chunk of trail-bed with it. We have a lot of red clay in our soil. I benchcut the trail-bed back a foot and a half exposing more red goodness. Being quite wet and gooey, even after tamping, it was like Creme Brulee. A deceptive skin covering a sloppy mess.

Fortunately it dried enough so that there were no six inch deep ruts in the fresh trail. When red clay drys out completely it's like concrete.

The thing that perplexes me the most is that there have been plenty of riders out there after the hurricane, but not many branches and sticks getting moved. So someone would take the time to pull out a knife and cut the tape but not stop to kick a few sticks off the trail. I just don't get that mindset.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Greetings!

Was in a shop in Pemberton earlier and the lady shopkeep called out MTBing in Oregon as not being technical enough for her. Girl must like it rowdy.

Gonna do Whistler village tomorrow as it rained a lot of the day today and will rain again tomorrow. Hopefully the sun comes out on Sunday or Monday so I can get back on two wheels.

Also, turns out Canadians aren’t as friendly as I’ve been lead to believe. Certainly no more so than in Colorado.