Quantcast

[[[ Friday GMT ]]]

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning Monkeys.

Here at 5 fucking 30, Jeebus. My boss called yesterday to say he spoke with my "lead". He explained to her that a project team status meeting was enough, we didn't need a test team stand up AND an end of day email status. 3 scheduled status updates daily while also asking at least 3 more times via email or IM for status is what we call micromanagement. So see how it goes from here.

FTS Friday is in full swing.
I'd appreciate something more than what I have, but not that. I'm multiple emails into "I still need access to [insert lots of stuff], still need [bunch of physical stuff], and still don't know how to [insert bunch of important stuff]. Fucking crickets. At least tell me who to ask and I can go from there.

I JUST got my email/calendar onto my work phone yesterday. It's been a fucking month! I seem to get more support from another field rep who I share an account with than from mgmt.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'd appreciate something more than what I have, but not that. I'm multiple emails into "I still need access to [insert lots of stuff], still need [bunch of physical stuff], and still don't know how to [insert bunch of important stuff]. Fucking crickets. At least tell me who to ask and I can go from there.

I JUST got my email/calendar onto my work phone yesterday. It's been a fucking month! I seem to get more support from another field rep who I share an account with than from mgmt.
There was also questions about assignment. The project QA manager has been dishing out tasks and all her tasked get redished to either me or the other contractor.

So if she is billing 40 hrs a week to the project, but I did all her work, WTF did she do for 40 hours?

I've been asking that for 3 months

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Went to see BLS last night. Not my favorite band, but a friend wanted to roll out, and Zakk was my guitar idol when I was a kid. At the end of their set Zakk takes a stroll into the crowd while shredding away, comes up to my section of the balcony and plays for 5-10 minutes about 20 feet away. I was 16 again for a moment.

Now I’m dealing with a 2-drink hangover, after a post-show round of shit-posting on the internet and then trying to delete those posts, while stuffing my face with junk food at home. My days of drinking are numbered.

ABEDEFD2-369A-4237-A92B-BD5CE4050095.jpeg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My trail wheels are 650b, Sapim bladed with Torch, no issues. I've got a Shimano freehub in parts if you need me to measure anything as right now the wheels have an XD freehub.
mine is 26", but i don't think there's enough difference in deflection angle resulting from the ERD to cause this.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello monkeys. Slept in until 8:30 because my legs are tired. Checked e-mail - none. Checked voice mail - none. Looked at text - ignored. I should look into coffee and oatmeal but I might just wait until lunch.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Check where your derailleur is also, if it is touching spokes to be in the easy gear, you are not going to make it work.
i didn't get to that point of the drivetrain install, but yea that's pretty much why you set limit screws. that being said, there will definitely be enough clearance. the cassette isn't fully stopped by the spokes, but enough that its noticeable.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
i didn't get to that point of the drivetrain install, but yea that's pretty much why you set limit screws. that being said, there will definitely be enough clearance. the cassette isn't fully stopped by the spokes, but enough that its noticeable.
About how high on the cassette does it touch?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Girls dropped off at school and school bus stop, respectively. Kare pan acquired—been more than a week?! Tesla dropped off at body shop to fix my literal fender bender.

Now in a first gen Forester as an Uber Pool. There’s a talkative old guy in the front seat so I am freed from any implied requirement to chat.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Howdy.
I get to film some pronghorn in the high desert next week so our trip will be written off & I will get paid.
Weather looks nice too. Can. Not. Wait.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Oregon is rainy.

Had a ridiculously good lunch yesterday at a seafood joint in Newport. Had a deviled egg with smoked salmon, chorizo, and cheese, some Dungeness crab cakes, and a rockfish italiano sammich. Definitely way up there in terms of food I've eaten lately.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Debating picking Haley about 15min early from school on her last day so that we can go see Endgame. We've somehow managed to avoid all spoilers for over a month.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The plot thickens... The freehub doesn't look anything like the freehubs I9 has listed on their website.... None of them have an outboard bearing between the pawls and the carrier.

IMG_20190524_144653.jpg

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Devil Makes Three and Lucero at Red Rocks tonight. Tailgating before. Thankful for the giant glowing orb. Not thankful for the random swollen eye that is plaguing me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So uh... How's that Chinese i9-ish hub treating you?
Some google-fu has prevailed... These are the classic jbend hubs, not torch. Pretty much first gen. Still work great. Test fit the cassette on another wheel, no issues. Just this old time hub. Time to Dremel I guess.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Some google-fu has prevailed... These are the classic jbend hubs, not torch. Pretty much first gen. Still work great. Test fit the cassette on another wheel, no issues. Just this old time hub. Time to Dremel I guess.
:popcorn:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Debating picking Haley about 15min early from school on her last day so that we can go see Endgame. We've somehow managed to avoid all spoilers for over a month.
Do it! Endgame is excellent.

Oh, and Snape kills Dumbledore.