Quantcast

[[[ Friday GMT ]]]

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Come on we both built dh bikes in the early 2000's. You couldn't get one running without a Dremel.
Maybe you couldn't... But I also built race bikes, with race parts, so they generally played nicely together. Except MRP guides... Fucking MRP guides. They are why I switched to Mr. Dirt where you just flipped or filed the bb mount for the rear plate. Aluminum parts ftw.

But none of this East Coast, Profile cranks is my starting point build.

*Edit: Yeti's were reasonable and built like normal fucking bikes. Turner? INTENSE? Rotec? Santa Cruz? Who needs chainstay movement that is reasonable to a normal bike? What about pivot points in the chain line? Those should totally be in the chainline.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Maybe you couldn't... But I also built race bikes, with race parts, so they generally played nicely together. Except MRP guides... Fucking MRP guides. They are why I switched to Mr. Dirt where you just flipped or filed the bb mount for the rear plate. Aluminum parts ftw.

But none of this East Coast, Profile cranks is my starting point build.

*Edit: Yeti's were reasonable and built like normal fucking bikes. Turner? INTENSE? Rotec? Santa Cruz? Who needs chainstay movement that is reasonable to a normal bike? What about pivot points in the chain line? Those should totally be in the chainline.
Not all of us had ///Racing ///Monocles.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Crashed hard tonight. Rolled my ankle. Poorly built berm and to much steam... Rode a wheelie. Just could not duplicate so it doesn't count... Fucking Rules... Hating them...