Quantcast

@@ Friday GMT @@.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
find an electrolyte drink mix you like. during hot months this makes a noticeable difference; you're sweating alot more. when you sweat a lot, you're not just losing liquid, but salts (electrolytes). i've been having good luck with skratch labs and osmo.
Skratch orange FTW.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
find an electrolyte drink mix you like. during hot months this makes a noticeable difference; you're sweating alot more. when you sweat a lot, you're not just losing liquid, but salts (electrolytes). i've been having good luck with skratch labs and osmo.
you drink this on the ride, or before the ride?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Afternoon!!

Just got back in from a nasty day of outside installs and surveys. Gonna do about 2500 s.f. of vinyl graphics on the scoreboard panels at the new minor league ball park in High Point next week. That's going to be a hot one - we work from 6am to 1pm on the side opposite the sun, then switch up and do the other side at night after the sun goes away. Can't install vinyl in 100 degree heat...it stretches too much and the panels won't line up correctly. But, the upshot is a $500 bonus for the fast turnaround for each of us. Yay!!!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I think I'm going to buy the highest tier YT Capra AL as incentive to get my ass moving to sell the M. I don't need the extra lb less for $2k more, so carbon is unnecessary. Less than $3k for a solid bike rings true for me.
I have a buddy that just bought a crabon Jeffsy 29 on sale for like $4600... XTR, crabon wheelz, Guide RSC brakes, some e-thirteen bits and bobs, Renthal bars and stem, proper Fox 36 fork and DPX2 shock i.e. not the Performance line... super nice spec actually. I rode it a bit on trail a couple days ago and it's a nice riding bike for twice the money. Oh, and it comes in XXL and fits him at 6'4" as well. Was a skosh big for me at 6'2" but eh...

Also, consider the 29er version. Also also, consider the Jeffsy vs. Capra... a little more trail and less enderpo for the riding you're most likely to do? And that Jeffsy felt PLENTY capable for anything you're gonna mob it down, including shit like Lenawee.

Last edited:
0.jpg
Last 20min was straight small child screaming fest. Remind me again why?

Work meetings all day. Left an email for a teacher (mind it's summer) yesterday at 10am asking if she was able to take a call at 5pm. She emailed me back at 4:58pm saying yes. At that point I had moved on and planned on dealing with it today. I got a nastygram email this am because I didn't call last night. I'll be calling her late this afternoon instead now.

Found some youth levers for Haley last night, so that should help her ability to stop. Getting a new air fork is becoming a bigger project than I wanted, because they are all disc only. She might be getting coil instead because I can use calipers.
Because unrestrained pecker and no birth control?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its death hot outside, but there is one other car here at the trailhead with a bike rack. So, at least I wont die alone, right?

Now to strip nekkid next to the road without the popo showing up..

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Its death hot outside, but there is one other car here at the trailhead with a bike rack. So, at least I wont die alone, right?

Now to strip nekkid next to the road without the popo showing up..
Gov't says it's 107.6°F outside with the humidity. Be careful out there...

I am going home from work for the last time this month. 5 weeks off... here I come!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It's insanely hot and humid in downtown Boston. Subway experience is the eight circle of hell.

High heat/humidity is my kryptonite. I just can't breathe. So yeah, I know exactly how that pattern feels.
:stupid:
I can deal with heat but can't handle the humidity. My body just cannot drain the excess heat and my HR just shoots up without proper recovery.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It's insanely hot and humid in downtown Boston. Subway experience is the eight circle of hell.

:stupid:
I can deal with heat but can't handle the humidity. My body just cannot drain the excess heat and my HR just shoots up without proper recovery.
74* at camp right now with a nice breeze.

That’s exactly what happens to me with the humidity. Hit redline and stay there.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
New phone arriving today. Fingers crossed I can just chuck my SIM card in it and it’ll work. I have my doubts.
I was correct to have doubts. Phone seems to be locked to the Sprint network, I am a Verizon customer. On teh chats with Sprint right now seeing if they can set the phone free.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Gov't says it's 107.6°F outside with the humidity. Be careful out there...

I am going home from work for the last time this month. 5 weeks off... here I come!
Not dead. But can confirm, twas hot.

And humid. I mean look at this shit:

All in all, awesome conditions though. Bone dusty dry, but either because of the humidity or rain this morning, the roots were wet.

Found an old trail being cleaned off...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
6 PM. Still 99 Freedoms per my watch. Car was reading 102 on my drive into work (to work 5-10).

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am in the summer doldrums...I haven’t wanted to ride my bike in a week since I ate shit, so I won’t. The bruises are a nice technicolor...
Maybe it was the heat. Maybe it was the annoyance. I finally rode a wheelie twice. Kind of did a manual also. Did it on the Bridgestone. Took the Contis off and replaced them with a old set of a Panaracer Smoke and Dart combo. To tell the truth it gave me confidence when I got off course that the contis didn't. I am not sure how or why. The dirt was perfect today.