Quantcast

Friday GMT

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
rain also here. the heat is gone. finally. once the rain clears out looks to be a stellar weekend. office is quiet today, thankfully.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Didn't sleep too much. Hard training after work. Today will hurt. Thank god its Friday.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Driving 5.5 hour north in Sweden to meet a small group of riders for an invitational gravel ride tomorrow. 185km and 2500m of climbing so a long day on the bike. We will start on a small island and head inland and the host is making breakfast and dinner with local produce. Weather looks good.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
IHOP for breakfast with Haley. VPN is still down. Guess I'm working on my Mint until it works.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Was up til 2 am drywalling, which capped off a 12 hour day. Still have to sand, do another round of mudding, then sand again before I can prime. Woof.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So far I managed to avoid instantly gaining 10 food gorging pounds which usually happens after a marathon or Ironman (I'm actually down two pounds), but looks like that may change this weekend. I've got three meals out planned with friends and family. I will say I've slept more in the past four days than the average person sleeps in a week, and that is not an exaggeration.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
oooooooohhhhhhhh @stoney is t-t-t-t-t-t-triggered! :rofl:
No. Just dumb. All my clothes are old bike and car stuff and jeans that should probably be retired but I keep patching them. Anyways, Gap makes things for short, fat people, not wookies.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Friday! Yesterday we rode Reno/Flag/Bear/Deadman and damnit, those 30 switchbacks on the last DH are sweet. I forgot how much I liked that trail. Woot woot, carry-on.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Slept like shit last night. Went to school with the girls for some assembly that I still don't understand why my presence was required. I sense a nap in the very near future.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A few of the properties we've lookes at come with tapped trees and lines. I wouldn't complain about some fresh maple syrup.
i've got a few maples (not sugar maples) on my property that are large enough to tap. since i made that post i looked into what it would take to try my hand at it......

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i also learned that Pennsylvania is the #5 maple syrup producing state (about 5%). Vermont is #1 (nearly half the total US product, 42%) followed by Maine and NY (roughly 17% each), and then Wisconsin is just ahead of PA with 6%.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Food trucks this evening in my 'hood. Rode in, barely staying ahead of some elementary school kids riding in themselves. :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Happy Friday! Yesterday we rode Reno/Flag/Bear/Deadman and damnit, those 30 switchbacks on the last DH are sweet. I forgot how much I liked that trail. Woot woot, carry-on.
If you don't ride Doctor Park I don't know that we can be friends. I usually do that one as a big-ass shuttle from Reno Ridge that looks like Reno > Flag > Bear > Doctor, but that's probably difficult for ya'll to set up. And riding Doctor Park as a loop by pedaling up Spring Creek is a grunt.

Not that you need any advice as it A.) sounds like you've been before and B.) you can't swing a dead cat without hitting 3 great rides in that place... seriously CB is super amazing, and there are so many good rides there, and since you can start linking things together to make some really big days? Fuggetaboutit. One of my favorite combos is 409 > Point Lookout > 409.5 > Strand > Canal... which is apparently now mapped out on MTB Project as the 409s and Point Lookout Loop.

The best resource I can offer for riding in CB is Frank and Brittany's blog... it's got all the goods. My friends and I often troll that thing for ride ideas, not just in CB but all over that part of the state. For example, this ride we did was partially if not entirely inspired by this trip report from Frank and Brittany.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ever tried birch syrup? We first saw it in Alaska this fall. Supposedly the yield is 1/40 of an equivalent amount of maple syrup. I liked it more than maple, it's a bit more caramel like.
i have heard of it, but haven't tried it. for maple it depends on the type of tree and how concentrated you boil it down.