Quantcast

??Friday GMT??

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lots of snow clouds over them thar mountains. Wifey is thinking about bailing on skiing now.

Bunch of work stuff to do, but all wfh. Went to a really nice dinner last night for wifey's Christmas party. I'll never go back again because it's so expensive, but god damn it was fucking good (Guard and Grace for Denver monkeys).

*edit because @StiHacka is smrter and uses the intranets

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Lots of snow clouds over them thar mountains. Wifey is thinking about bailing on skiing now.

Bunch of work stuff to do, but all wfh. Went to a really nice dinner last night for wifey's Christmas party. I'll never go back again because it's so expensive, but god damn it was fucking good (gauge and grade for Denver monkeys).
Heading to Xicamiti today for lunch??

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Why is Westy asking about tacos?!

I shall be there for tacos, yes yes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Guard and Grace looks nice. But without a wagyu option on the menu I’m not sure it meets my standards...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Guard and Grace looks nice. But without a wagyu option on the menu I’m not sure it meets my standards...
Pretty fucking good though. I have a Prime, grass-fed cow in my downstairs freezer. That was better than my cow.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Pretty fucking good though. I have a Prime, grass-fed cow in my downstairs freezer. That was better than my cow.
Come over for dinner sometime. Bring the family. I’ll cook you up some wagyu (hybrid—half, as full wagyu is both crazy expensive and like a chunk of fat with some meat in it).

:D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Come over for dinner sometime. Bring the family. I’ll cook you up some wagyu (hybrid—half, as full wagyu is both crazy expensive and like a chunk of fat with some meat in it).

:D
Fancy. And that's my meal grade right there!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Maybe I'll spring for rootbeer ano on V2.

I am hoping to try to get back on skis tomorrow. Not under any delusions that I'll be doing anything chargy yet, but hopefully my knee will at least be okay with cruising around on some groomers.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

So yesterday my buddy says "know anybody who can take Indy?" (His aging Rottie whom I have loved since he got her as a rescue 6 years ago) I'm, I can take her, dude. So during my 2 weeks off, I will pick her up and hope for the best. She eats cats, so that is a concern, but Monday doesn't socialize with the dogs anyway, so we should be ok there. But I told the wife it would break my heart to see her go to some rando. So while we never expected to have one large dog, we will soon have 2. Plus I guess Hank counts as a half

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Afternoon Monkeys.

So yesterday my buddy says "know anybody who can take Indy?" (His aging Rottie whom I have loved since he got her as a rescue 6 years ago) I'm, I can take her, dude. So during my 2 weeks off, I will pick her up and hope for the best. She eats cats, so that is a concern, but Monday doesn't socialize with the dogs anyway, so we should be ok there. But I told the wife it would break my heart to see her go to some rando. So while we never expected to have one large dog, we will soon have 2. Plus I guess Hank counts as a half
Is this short term or permanent

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Is this short term or permanent
It's perm. He leaves for Alaska next September and is going through an ugly divorce, so he is rehoming is animals. Not to be a dick, but that dog has never really gotten treated the way she should be. She will have it good here.

<edit> The wife said "He better not think he is ever getting her back!" I know she loves Indy, too.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's perm. He leaves for Alaska next September and is going through an ugly divorce, so he is rehoming is animals. Not to be a dick, but that dog has never really gotten treated the way she should be. She will have it good here.

<edit> The wife said "He better not think he is ever getting her back!" I know she loves Indy, too.
I got a buddy going through a nasty divorce too. He's keeping the dog

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, we tried Beyond Meat with our Blue Apron tacos tonight. I thought it was *OK*, but a few bites in my kiddo said “this meat is terrible”.
We both cracked up because we hadn’t to,d him it was meat substitute.
That kinda says it all.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So, we tried Beyond Meat with our Blue Apron tacos tonight. I thought it was *OK*, but a few bites in my kiddo said “this meat is terrible”.
We both cracked up because we hadn’t to,d him it was meat substitute.
That kinda says it all.
Wife and I tried burgers on our grill at home a couple months ago. It definitely wasn't meat. She didn't finish hers and I was stuck with the aftertaste for hours.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I hate the fact that the trails around here are clay based and will be unrideable until at least May. I am Jonesing to do something other than ride my road bike. a couple of winters ago it was a drought and I got in some good riding all winter. This is my favorite local trail total slop right now though. road biking tomorrow