Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fatal on the freeway yesterday afternoon had all the surface streets effed up for hours. I couldn't get across town to fuel up at the end of the day. Need to head out and be at the station ( that takes the company fuel card) when they turn the pumps on at 0400 then head to my 0415 pick up. Slamming down my espresso

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Kinda liking the look of these new Continentals, 120tpi hmm maybe yeah, weight/strength options look fairly sensible too. Pity about the names though… (remembers that current front tyre sounds like Ass guy…)

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ever feel like the universe is trying to send you a message?

alarm went off to workout. woke up with a headache. sittin' on the can, as is tradition, and the power goes out twice. just a few seconds each time. Pushed through (heh) anyways and got on the bike. Not a lot of energy but going for it anyways. 20m in the power goes out, this time for like 10 minutes. Trainer was stuck on a decent setting so kept moving the legs. Gave up and the power came back on.

Now I've got a headache, not quite a migraine but pretty severe, and have taken plenty of medicine. Here's this:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work. Visiting a different building this morning. This place uses a smelly coolant in the plant, which isn't the greatest, but they have 40 foot tall presses, so those are cool to watch and feel the whole building vibrate.

To find some coffee...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
stayed up too late but the new-ish dh wheels are laced and mostly tensioned. need to final tension and true. then tape, cushcore, tires. still have 5 weeks till the lifts start spinning.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
It's something when a recruiter schedules a Teams interview with you then doesn't show up and then is non-responsive. It appears that I've managed to disappoint someone without even meeting them. Even I'm impressed!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Kinda liking the look of these new Continentals, 120tpi hmm maybe yeah, weight/strength options look fairly sensible too. Pity about the names though… (remembers that current front tyre sounds like Ass guy…)
the tpi is the first thing I looked for when they were announced. 120 tpi on a DD or SuperGravity type construstion is fine, but not on the EXO+ level, imo (and in ime). There's a reason Maxxis switched from 120tpi on the EXO+ to 55tpi (or is it 60, I can't quite remember): with less layers, the casing needs to be tougher to withstand the abuse.

Unfortunately, I couldn't tell if they have an EXO+ equivalent, and what the tpi is...

Yeah, the wrong name on a tire seriously affects rebound and traction.
Makes no difference to performance, but sure as heck makes it hard to remember which ones are which... which seems important when you're (presumably) trying to sell tires.

anyways... gloomy day on tap today, with my afternoon consisting of a 3-hour Teams team meeting. And to be honest, I'm ok with it, since it will be an opportunity to discuss what's next for our "Branch". We've grown considerably over the past couple of years, and many of the functions my group has been responsible for were transferred over to other new groups. We are left as the "A-Team" that fixes issues and gets high-priority projects done. But that can be kind of exhausting, and doesn't have much stability. I'd be happy discussing a more concrete vision for what we do... I'm getting too old for this shit, that's a young person's game.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It's something when a recruiter schedules a Teams interview with you then doesn't show up and then is non-responsive. It appears that I've managed to disappoint someone without even meeting them. Even I'm impressed!
First time having been ghosted? Recruiting is generally FUBAR nowadays.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Work is stressing me out. Not the actual work today, which is easy (albeit with me at Highlands Ranch for no good reason that I can discern other than that we roll over at their irrational requests), but because two more people are leaving my section in 6 months and shit's going to hit the fan.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Work is stressing me out. Not the actual work today, which is easy (albeit with me at Highlands Ranch for no good reason that I can discern other than that we roll over at their irrational requests), but because two more people are leaving my section in 6 months and shit's going to hit the fan.
management: Do MoRe WiTh LeSs