Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Got some gnar gnar food poisoning yesterday, went home soon as i paid the check and sat on the toilet and puked in the wastebasket about every 30 min. Literally been recycling 7up and gatorade.

In other news,

Finally found a smoking deal on a flycraft, sending my pops to go pick it up.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm bored. I might take today off and go karting by myself. Hmm...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did a major dumb last night. Changed the oil in my truck, as I was cleaning up I noticed the gasket on the drain plug had fallen off, so autoparts store for a new dump container, drain the now hot as balls oil, reinstall gasket, reinstall plug, transfer hot oil back into oil jug, realize oil just may not hold up to the heat, dump jug of hot oil back into engine, go pop blister from holding hot as fuck jug, clean up oil splashes because hot oil is far far less viscous than cold and splashes everywhere. FML.

This is a total game changer for oil changes, pull it out through the dipstick hole. It takes a little longer but is a hell of a lot easier and cleaner. First time I used one I pulled the plug to see how much oil was left behind and it was just a few ounces.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
This is a total game changer for oil changes, pull it out through the dipstick hole. It takes a little longer but is a hell of a lot easier and cleaner. First time I used one I pulled the plug to see how much oil was left behind and it was just a few ounces.

Always assumed those were more of a PITA than it's worth for most fluids, but last night may have changed my mind.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Always assumed those were more of a PITA than it's worth for most fluids, but last night may have changed my mind.
As I have a top mounted oil filter I can do a complete change without having to crawl under the car, hands remain clean and don't spill a single drop of oil in the process. First started using one when working on my friends boat where you have no way to put a pan underneath the oil plug.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I am looking for a socket type wrench for the oil filter on my 20’ Silverado 1500. (The strap type are a serious PITA. )
I have done a bit of searching, but I can’t find a definitive answer online. Any of you good at this?
I found one dimension of 4.9 x 3.4 x 3.4, but this is a little confusing as it is a cylinder.
i don’t want to order the wrong one…

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So, I am looking for a socket type wrench for the oil filter on my 20’ Silverado 1500. (The strap type are a serious PITA. )
I have done a bit of searching, but I can’t find a definitive answer online. Any of you good at this?
I found one dimension of 4.9 x 3.4 x 3.4, but this is a little confusing as it is a cylinder.
i don’t want to order the wrong one…
Socket >strap-on. Got it.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
As I have a top mounted oil filter I can do a complete change without having to crawl under the car, hands remain clean and don't spill a single drop of oil in the process. First started using one when working on my friends boat where you have no way to put a pan underneath the oil plug.
What I would give for a top mounted oil filter. Instead, I have to reach through the wheel well and extract it from an opening that is just barely big enough to squeeze it through. Either that or remove the turbo inlet piping. No thanks.

Process is even more spicy as Cummins recommends prefilling the filter. If I want to do it alone, I have to pull the passenger tire, otherwise, I need a second set of hands to help line the filter up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What I would give for a top mounted oil filter. Instead, I have to reach through the wheel well and extract it from an opening that is just barely big enough to squeeze it through. Either that or remove the turbo inlet piping. No thanks.

Process is even more spicy as Cummins recommends prefilling the filter. If I want to do it alone, I have to pull the passenger tire, otherwise, I need a second set of hands to help line the filter up.

Even better is that my filter is a paper cartridge so I can easily inspect it for debris and metal filings. And as I unscrew the housing it opens a valve and drains all of the oil out of the filter housing so no spillage and dripping.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
went to see DA about changing court date since i will be in denver for about 6 hours on said court date...instead of being bothered of changing court date he reduced ticket from 50 in a 35 to 39 in 35....told me to go downstairs and pay ticket....

all maggiori prints are accounted for after fedex ignored my requests that they be held at facility so i could drive the 5 hours to see bill burr tonight...

2 for 3....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
that's not how it works. you will definitely accidently some rapids at some point.
Fair point.

May give them a try, been on Minions almost exclusively since 2004/5. Tried a few other tires and never liked them enough to even bother wearing them out, just swapped Minions back on and gave them away. Now, lets see if I can get some in a reasonable timeframe...
It might depend on what kinda soil you ride most regularly... 'round these parts I am a Minion to Assegai convert. I find them to work better and be more predictable on the kitty litter / ball bearings over bulletproof hardpack BS I ride on the regular.

You're not wrong.

How are apple microphones so shitty? They’re like 900$ and no one can hear you, Miranda.
Miranda sounds hawt.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Fair point.

It might depend on what kinda soil you ride most regularly... 'round these parts I am a Minion to Assegai convert. I find them to work better and be more predictable on the kitty litter / ball bearings over bulletproof hardpack BS I ride on the regular.

You're not wrong.

Miranda sounds hawt.
miranda sounds like she's phoning in from a fishbowl filled with marbles

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Woke up tired, decided not to go to work. Did the winter/spring swap around the house instead, including taking the hard top off the brobrobrodozer. New soft top coming tomorrow, finally caved in.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went to see DA about changing court date since i will be in denver for about 6 hours on said court date...instead of being bothered of changing court date he reduced ticket from 50 in a 35 to 39 in 35....told me to go downstairs and pay ticket....

all maggiori prints are accounted for after fedex ignored my requests that they be held at facility so i could drive the 5 hours to see bill burr tonight...

2 for 3....
gasco courthouse? been there...dang 321...

Woke up tired, decided not to go to work. Did the winter/spring swap around the house instead, including taking the hard top off the brobrobrodozer. New soft top coming tomorrow, finally caved in.
did you go with the pink and yellow hibiscus pattern? so cute!!!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Youngest kid is old enough for forward facing?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Youngest kid is old enough for forward facing?
Not really, but no other option in the 2dr Jeep. Only take him around town in it...longer trips and highways are always in wife's Rav4.

He is close or at height/weight at this point for it being acceptable, though.

Last edited: