Quantcast

***Friday GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
How it are, bruhvers? I drove to the lake early this morning and swam a mile. The water was beautiful. I didn't need to wear a wetsuit, but I wore one anyway because it makes swimming easier and I am a lazy fuck. Two cups of coffee down, one to go.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Good morning. Currently walking the new pup. Have had my coffee and a good morning porcelain growler session. Once the pup goes into the crate for her nap I can actually go for a ride.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
How it are, bruhvers? I drove to the lake early this morning and swam a mile. The water was beautiful. I didn't need to wear a wetsuit, but I wore one anyway because it makes swimming easier and I am a lazy fuck. Two cups of coffee down, one to go.
With the amount of exercise you report here, lazy is not how I see it.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
:wave:

The itch, the ooze.

"People should ride bicycles cause it's a green mode of transportation!" Toronto Police, hold my beer.
Have heard anecdotal things about the attitude towards bikes by motorists and officials. This however is pretty shocking.

I propose replacing 50% of toronto police vehicles with bicycles. The remaining 50% minivans.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
He said sorry, though.

Not siding with the police officer who actually hit someone, but I have a feeling that some of the cyclists down there in that park are trying to get tickets.

If you search for "high park biking" (maybe add toronto) you'll see this has been going on for a while now, in this particular park.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
currently debating going to a mandatory fun outing at work. I have an excuse, which is that my family had COVID and I will need to wear a mask if I go, but this is also a good opportunity to fuck off and ride bikes. So, do I go to a place that I don't enjoy with coworkers, show face and bond a little with a free sandwich and beer, or do I fuck off towards mt wachusett on a 70 mile bike ride that might kill me?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Have heard anecdotal things about the attitude towards bikes by motorists and officials. This however is pretty shocking.

I propose replacing 50% of toronto police vehicles with bicycles. The remaining 50% minivans.
How would you know how fast you are going on a bike that has no speedometer? How does the police know?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Time to do the pedestrian-tourist things at Winter Park today. Alpine slide, mini climbing wall, etc.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
currently debating going to a mandatory fun outing at work. I have an excuse, which is that my family had COVID and I will need to wear a mask if I go, but this is also a good opportunity to fuck off and ride bikes. So, do I go to a place that I don't enjoy with coworkers, show face and bond a little with a free sandwich and beer, or do I fuck off towards mt wachusett on a 70 mile bike ride that might kill me?
How is that even a question?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Definitely the bike thing. I mean... it's not even really a close race.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ipods apparently survived a trip to a bucket of paint without an ill effect, so that's cool. I hope to wrap up this stupid home project this weekend so I can start stressing about other items on wife's must-do-before-vacation list. :dead: I think I became a vacation hater.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sandwich without coworkers >>> sandwich with coworkers

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Mowed the lawn, cleaned the ho tub filters, cut and glued some post caps, made breakfast for wifey…think I’ll take a nap, and then go ride before the monsoonal rains. (Got up at 4:00 for no reason). At least that’s the plan. Hope you all are having a Good Friday.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Man... it just refuses to properly cool off 'round here at night these days. And it's bread day, so oven is going to be deployed. Guess I should probably plan on turning on the
Mowed the lawn, cleaned the ho tub filters, cut and glued some post caps, made breakfast for wifey…think I’ll take a nap, and then go ride before the monsoonal rains. (Got up at 4:00 for no reason). At least that’s the plan. Hope you all are having a Good Friday.
DAMMIT, man. Send that monsoon east a bit, will ya??

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man... it just refuses to properly cool off 'round here at night these days. And it's bread day, so oven is going to be deployed. Guess I should probably plan on turning on the

DAMMIT, man. Send that monsoon east a bit, will ya??
Temps are perfect here right now. Last night it got down to 60f.

Not rubbing it in at all*. :busted:

*don't worry I'm sure after me typing that, the humidity will spike next week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It has been rather warm here recently but still reliably getting into the 50s at night. When I went backpacking last weekend it got into the low 20s at night. Had ice form on my rainfly from my breath condensing.

Got a good post work ride in yesterday. Shit is getting dry and loose, had some interesting yaw angles.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Struggling to cool it down below 72 before bed, then in the morning just about getting it down to 70 before shutting all the windows again.
Yeah - we can *usually* get it down to 70F inside by early morning, but the overnight lows have been in the high 60's and even low 70's the past couple weeks. Which means by 5pm it's usually low 80's inside. Which drives us out to the front porch for G&T's and beers, generally. So I guess it's not all bad. :D

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Howdy folks, long time no talk.

Finally tested negative for the Vid, and of course after living with me for two weeks and not catching it my wife started school and instantly caught it, the kiddo too, so back to chilling at home for them.

Yay!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
seeing this guy in december

i blame joe pernice/scud mountain boys

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
seeing this guy in december

i blame joe pernice/scud mountain boys
If I die before I wake, I pray to the [aging] indy punk as fuck gods my soul to take

Soon...

1660335205695.png

Not going to lie, having total PTSD about going to a show despite the fact that live music and pints are the two things I missed most during Covid corn-teen.

But it's a brand new [to me] venue and they appear to have old geezer seating up high.

Who doesn't love getting high?

1660335383852.png