Quantcast

}}} Friday GMT {{{

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Day is done, rode 38km in the bush then did a basic service on my fork.
Trying Ballistol oil as lower leg lube, works well on the hedge trimmer and Formula use it in their forks.
It smells so weird, like a strange aniseed sorta something.....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up at 4:30 drifting in and out until the wife let out a gigantic snore around 6, figured that was my sign that sleepytime was over.

So up I am. Ready to attack the day (not really).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Good bike session last night with a 240 w average. Still a little unsure how precise the power meter is at the bikes at the gym.

At work that's about it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Hannah's best friend's sister will be here hanging out with Haley today.

Talked with a buddy from work last night who just got a job offer for 25% more elsewhere. He's not super comfortable with it, so not taking it, but I finally convinced him that it's time to go back into his core career. He's a CFP, but stopped working in that role because our (then) boss burned him out. So, he's back to applying for those roles. Has a friend that's pushing him really hard to move to Fidelity, so I expect him to be gone within a month.

Oh, and all that drama on my team because the other senior rep wasn't getting paid enough? It came to fruition yesterday - he quit. #1 team in the country and we just lost our #1 and #3 producers (retirement and compensation). Dumpster fire.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Damn kid woke me up twice in the middle of the night, bangin' around in the kitchen. Even left the back door wide open for a few hours because he was too lazy to wait for the dog to come back in.

If he wants to be Canadian, he has a long way to go, learning how to be polite and quiet and respectful and shit. :banghead:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Still raining....

Phone died in the middle of the night, so no alarm this morning. I wake up before the alarm most days anyways, but that panic of waking up and not knowing what time it is sucks.

Friggin' tired...

Even left the back door wide open for a few hours
Tell him if a skunk or family of raccoons come in, he's the one chasing them out. :panic: :brows:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh, and all that drama on my team because the other senior rep wasn't getting paid enough? It came to fruition yesterday - he quit. #1 team in the country and we just lost our #1 and #3 producers (retirement and compensation). Dumpster fire.
now's the perfect time to ask for more money. do it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
now's the perfect time to ask for more money. do it.
Did. Boss is clearly backed into a corner and knows it. Gave the "I submitted for raises and bonuses, and you should be pretty happy with them" spiel, so I gave him the "you just lost your #3 producer due to under compensation. I'm your Sr rep and now #1 producer. You and I both know what he was making, and what I make. It's damn near impossible to find someone with my experience anywhere near that range and we have a lot of RFPs with touchy, high value clients on accounts that I cover for a reason, coming up. So I would hope all of that has been taken into consideration. I've been here for 13yrs I'm not planning to leave, but I also hope I'm not given an incentive to like he was." He said he was calling our VP after we finished talking. My review is in 3 weeks, so we shall see.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Damn kid woke me up twice in the middle of the night, bangin' around in the kitchen. Even left the back door wide open for a few hours because he was too lazy to wait for the dog to come back in.

If he wants to be Canadian, he has a long way to go, learning how to be polite and quiet and respectful and shit. :banghead:
I see your bet and raise you to the "poop belongs in the toilet" talks I had this AM after finding a large chunk if semi dried poo on the floor next to the can.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Veterans Breakfast at the Moose Lodge this morning. I usually can't go because of work meetings. It's an interesting crowd.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
CherNOBL rims finally landed. They look nice. NOS Ti spokes ordered because why not.
Curious to see how those work out for you, I have heard that Ti spokes can make for a noodley wheel, but that was back in the day when rims were also noodles.

Last year I was looking to build up a durable yet soft riding rear wheel for the hardtails. Aluminum rimmed wheel fit the ride qualities but they last less than a year before being too bent/dented. Went with a Reserve rim with CX-Ray spokes. So far it has fit the bill.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
amount of fucks that the LAPD will give regarding one stolen car: ~0 stevew-units

This.

Last year in Seattle bunch of people found their stolen cars in a lot being used as a chop shop, SPD told them to mind their own business and just deal with their insurance companies.