Quantcast

}}} Friday GMT {{{

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Curious to see how those work out for you, I have heard that Ti spokes can make for a noodley wheel, but that was back in the day when rims were also noodles.

Last year I was looking to build up a durable yet soft riding rear wheel for the hardtails. Aluminum rimmed wheel fit the ride qualities but they last less than a year before being too bent/dented. Went with a Reserve rim with CX-Ray spokes. So far it has fit the bill.
I've read a bunch of stuff about Ti spokes, mostly that the noodly myth is just that, a myth. The wheel is going to be my comfy rear wheel for longer days in the saddle or for faster and less aggro rides so a bit of compliance is welcome.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've read a bunch of stuff about Ti spokes, mostly that the noodly myth is just that, a myth. The wheel is going to be my comfy rear wheel for longer days in the saddle or for faster and less aggro rides so a bit of compliance is welcome.

Yeah I think rims define stiffness and ride quality more so than the spokes, but a noddly rim + flexy spokes is a bad combo, a nice rim with flexy spokes could be a good combo. I hope you got purple ano to match your flames.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
zomg a feller just popped up on ebay with every stupid TRP brake imaginable, including some that may be prototypes. Immediately buy-it-nowed was a linear spring TTV 09 RC aero v brake for big dum dum

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Most of the time, you don't want it back after it's been stolen. Better off just taking the check from insurance and moving on with life.
^This, especially in LA, that things probably been soup kitchened a couple times by now
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" title="Soup Kitchen in the Prius | The Other Guys (Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg) (HD Scene)" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Curious to see how those work out for you, I have heard that Ti spokes can make for a noodley wheel, but that was back in the day when rims were also noodles.

Last year I was looking to build up a durable yet soft riding rear wheel for the hardtails. Aluminum rimmed wheel fit the ride qualities but they last less than a year before being too bent/dented. Went with a Reserve rim with CX-Ray spokes. So far it has fit the bill.
Ti spokes are unbreakable and cant be cut, the only way is to heat and melt them. The army is making secret super soldiers out of them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Most of the time, you don't want it back after it's been stolen. Better off just taking the check from insurance and moving on with life.
My brother had a stolen car recovered. It has been crashed and had parts stolen. Insurance fixed it and it was never right again.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
My brother had a stolen car recovered. It has been crashed and had parts stolen. Insurance fixed it and it was never right again.
Same story with a friend. It was recovered two days later abandoned in a ditch, but had been crashed, the airbags deployed, and the inside was shredded. 98% of the time, getting a check from insurance is the best outcome.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I will never forget watching woody jump my old GT STS with titanium spoked cronometro hubs laced to sun cr18 rims. Those were the days