Quantcast

<$$> Friday GTM <$$>

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
The woods are drying out fast here. I should have the woods bike back together by next weekend and they should be ready to rail. I did take out the fat bike last night and had some fun in the muck.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Moving work cubicles here soon, so I best start packing up. Luckily I only have 1 bin worth of stuff owing to the fact that the only personal items I keep are a few pictures of my wife and the dogs. Everyone else has drawings and pictures and stuff pinned to the walls. Nope, not for me. This is my carpet walled prison and no amount of personal touches can convince me otherwise.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Good Friday to you all. Ride home last night was good. Ran across some Atlanta PD Swat type building siege vehicles on my way home. Can't figure out what that was about. Family annoyed me, but what's new. My fishing buddy is off to the lake today for 3 days of ripping lips and popping tops. I wish I could be there. :nopity:

If all goes well this weekend, I will get bike number two in full operating condition. That is all.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
A very quiet Friday to everyone! Mine is quieter than usual as India has the day off. My bike is ready (although I am installing a dentist chain as soon as a new non-oval chainring arrives) but I am not, still dealing with some flu-ish symptoms and respiratory bullisht. I hate April.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I will be riding Mountain Lion this afternoon as previously threatened. There can't still be snow with all this warm weather, right? :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I will be riding Mountain Lion this afternoon as previously threatened. There can't still be snow with all this warm weather, right? :D
Report back on conditions plz. Once it's clear methinks we should organize a group to do the ML -> White Ranch tour.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
They definitely still can be ice on the creek this late in the year. I'm looking forward to your recon report.

They're checking your white (blood cell) count?
Annual physical next week, just general blood labs I presume but they told me to fast.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good Friday to you all. Ride home last night was good. Ran across some Atlanta PD Swat type building siege vehicles on my way home. Can't figure out what that was about. Family annoyed me, but what's new. My fishing buddy is off to the lake today for 3 days of ripping lips and popping tops. I wish I could be there. :nopity:

If all goes well this weekend, I will get bike number two in full operating condition. That is all.
i should probably renew my fishing license. although not sure if will have time to fish this year.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
fuck it friday is go. office is mostly empty. boss is out, only 1 other person from my dept is in today. leaving at lunch to ride then picking up the kid at daycare.

also this morning, i set out the rear wheel ratchet strap for my rack, but apparently neglected to install it and did not realize this until i arrived at the office. oops.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
i should probably renew my fishing license. although not sure if will have time to fish this year.
it is always a challenge and debate. At least this year I felt confident enough to actually buy an annual CRFL for NC, which means I need three trips to the coast to pay for it. I will get an annual freshwater license for GA, but must debate whether to get the Trout stamp. I can always add it later if I need it.

Strange thing is, trout fishing is the second easiest fishing for me to do in Atlanta, and I hardly do it anymore.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTSF indeed. Couple good meetings today, then kicking the wifes ass at shuffleboard at some hipster bar in SE. Should be fun, it's been a few years since we've played and it's been 4 years today since she beat my ass the first time. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Happy Friday wooooo!

Holiday up here, so everything is closed.

Lubing the bike chain, packing my stuff and headed out for some quality trails. It looks like an absolutely beautiful day out there, not a single cloud in the sky.

:cheers:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work day, but it should be slow. Second coffee in progress. Shoulder and arms workout last night and I am feeling the sore. MIL came into town last night... yeah!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Running up to Golden to pick up gratis brake sets from a mate, then heading to the Costco for vittles, then off to lunch at Breckenridge Brewery with a vendor, then early release! Might try to get the brakes on this afternoon... then again... maybe nap?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it is always a challenge and debate. At least this year I felt confident enough to actually buy an annual CRFL for NC, which means I need three trips to the coast to pay for it. I will get an annual freshwater license for GA, but must debate whether to get the Trout stamp. I can always add it later if I need it.

Strange thing is, trout fishing is the second easiest fishing for me to do in Atlanta, and I hardly do it anymore.
son is 2. baby #2 due end of may. i'm in pennsyltucky, its rivers and lakes for me. but having the free time is unlikely.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Dinner and game night at a friends house turned into getting a Lyft home at midnight. Since wife met me there after school, in addition to being pretty badly hungover, we are car less. So at some point we need to gather ourselves enough to figure out what we are going to do about collecting our vehicles, and I suspect that is all we will accomplish today. Today's regularly scheduled run and/or ride is not happening.
Can you really put a price on Freedumb®?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
son is 2. baby #2 due end of may. i'm in pennsyltucky, its rivers and lakes for me. but having the free time is unlikely.
How big is the boy now? Just curious if he passed up mine yet. My lil man is 34 in tall and 33 pounds. Barely fits his pack carrier any more so he is going to start learning to hike the trails on his own feet soon

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
How big is the boy now? Just curious if he passed up mine yet. My lil man is 34 in tall and 33 pounds. Barely fits his pack carrier any more so he is going to start learning to hike the trails on his own feet soon
last i measured him he was about 38" and 38lbs.

i've already gotten him "hiking" already. just short walks in the woods, but we're 5 minutes from valley forge nat'l park, and there's good trails for his level there.

gotten him started on a balance bike too.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
That's awesome, only kid I know with bigger stats than mine. Jackson has been on his balance bike now for about a year, "hiking" he is good for about a mile and a half on flat.

We have a hike planned in three weeks to Lava lake, basically three miles of stairs up. We are gonna see how far he can make it before having to go in the carrier. Should be a good day

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
That's awesome, only kid I know with bigger stats than mine. Jackson has been on his balance bike now for about a year, "hiking" he is good for about a mile and a half on flat.

We have a hike planned in three weeks to Lava lake, basically three miles of stairs up. We are gonna see how far he can make it before having to go in the carrier. Should be a good day
Windy Pass, across the street from Big Sky is another good kid friendly hike -- fairly short due to the long drive up and panoramic views from the top, but that's later probably more Late May.

Rat Lake (dries out early) and then up Garnet Lookout in the canyon too, though the final push to the fire tower is a grind, and Castle Rock as well, which dries out earlier than most other trails due to S facing aspect