Quantcast

<$$> Friday GTM <$$>

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I will be riding Mountain Lion this afternoon as previously threatened. There can't still be snow with all this warm weather, right? :D
Ooh... what time ya thinking? Might be able to join... just saying. I'll PM you my number, I don't think I have yours.

Report back on conditions plz. Once it's clear methinks we should organize a group to do the ML -> White Ranch tour.
YASSSS.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well shit, they got rid of the lunch lady who makes me the most delicious chicken salad sandwiches with grapes and walnuts. Would it be callous to bring her a tub of ice cream and ask for the recipe?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Windy Pass, across the street from Big Sky is another good kid friendly hike -- fairly short due to the long drive up and panoramic views from the top, but that's later probably more Late May.

Rat Lake (dries out early) and then up Garnet Lookout in the canyon too, though the final push to the fire tower is a grind, and Castle Rock as well, which dries out earlier than most other trails due to S facing aspect
I will have to check out windy pass, I know the others pretty well. Going to take him to heart rock as well for one of his first without the carrier. I am hoping that by next summer he can dominate storm castle.

We want to get an overnight in to emerald lake here in July as well, seems a good time as it should be warm and everything green without being overgrown

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
On the way back to our site from working at another site, my boss suggested we stop at a local hot dog truck (a previous favorite of mine, Fred's franks, for you locals) and MILF watch at the local lake on the way back to the office.

#winning

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I will be riding Mountain Lion this afternoon as previously threatened. There can't still be snow with all this warm weather, right? :D
Still some snow in the shade up by us, so I'm interested to hear what you run into.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hey Sandy do you mind if I take a picture of you while wearing your best wife beater bra less and the yoga pants with ripped out ass in which your butt cheeks are hanging out while eating soup? The guys on ridemonkey want to see a pic of you..... Don't tell your sister either....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hey Sandy do you mind if I take a picture of you while wearing your best wife beater bra less and the yoga pants with ripped out ass in which your butt cheeks are hanging out while eating soup? The guys on ridemonkey want to see a pic of you..... Don't tell your sister either....
Sounds good to me, get on it!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Legally sound with all the bases covered. :thumb:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
had a good day today. it's a holiday here. we went hiking this morning at the spot that always melts first. southern-facing, steep and windswept. as expected, it was bare. I think that at this rate, there will be some rideable single track dirt by next thursday. I hope. anyways, we coordinated with the family of one of my son's best friends for the hike. it was awesome to see the two boys just take off up the rocks and in the woods, with not a care in the world. my 4 yo hiked the whole way up and down too. bagels with cream cheese and lemon smoked mackerel up top. sweet.

changed the tires on the car with my 6yo's "help", but it was cool to do it with him. all the neighbourhood kids are outside playing right now (at last count there were 24 in our court), and I have a beer-can chicken on the barbeque.

la vita e bella

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode trails. Drank beer. Ate empanadas.

Trail conditions are prime, definitely put the side knobs to good use.

Totally forgot that there is an XC race at that place tomorrow, though. Fucking lycra everywhere. Those d-bags have no trail courtesy either.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Report back on conditions plz.
They definitely still can be ice on the creek this late in the year. I'm looking forward to your recon report.
Ooh... what time ya thinking? Might be able to join... just saying. I'll PM you my number, I don't think I have yours.
Still some snow in the shade up by us, so I'm interested to hear what you run into.
100% rideable at ML. Witness my PR in the trees. :D A few patches of snow but not in bad places. About 4 downed trees, though. All of the log bridges looked good to go but I pussed out on the long, tall one.

The only postholing was in dirt by stupid horses. Don't they know that they're supposed to dance, not trail ride?!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Did my part to frustrate Dirt Roadies this evening with some more rock work. Been turning a hump into a rock turn so that some of it is partially a spine and the rest off camber. Turning on rocks at low speed is tricky. It's more or less a really fucked up switchback. Not at all like a friendly bobsled berm.