Quantcast

Friday is my last day ... I have resigned

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
It wasn't an easy decision since I actually enjoyed my job in the aerospace industry but starting next Tuesday I'll be joining the staff at Stan's NoTubes full time. I'll be doing a little bit of everything but mostly engineering and trying to improve and grow the business. I've been helping Stan on a very limited, time permitting, basis for the past 4 years. This is going to be a big adjustment but I think some great things are certainly to come.

I've got my work cut out for me but wish me luck and if you ever call up say 'Hi.'

I'm sure going to miss working on these things though:

Attachments

J

JRB

Congrats, bro. I am sure you will do great with Stan. The one time I called, he was super effin' cool. Seems pretty stand up. What more could you ask for???

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Congrats, Mike. Enjoy. I dealt with the guys at Stans a few times and always had great experiences.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
MMike said:
wow... you got balls man. I'd never be able to do that!

Best of luck!
the difference between you and Mike B...
he rides and he's passionate...
you don’t ride and you're greedy..

:devil: ;)

congrats Mike :thumb:

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
MMcG said:
Congrats Mike B. - best of luck to you. I've been dying to try Stans, but haven't made the leap yet. Maybe someday.

hahahaha

mike: I am taking a huge risk and leaving my comfortable job to try something risky new and with an unsure financial future....

you: yeah, I'm thinking of maybe trying stans eventually....

it was just funny....

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Thanks for all the well wishes. It certainly is a risk but I'm young and I've got a very supportive wife and no kids in the picture yet. The company I left said they would take me back any time if it didn't pan out, which is a nice little fall back.

Echo: I can't exactly start handing out sealant but I can save you some shipping charges the next time I head up to get some Dinosaur BBQ. :D

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
manhattanprjkt83 said:
just curious how do you go from designing that to stans? just wanting to work in the industry?
I have always wanted to work in the industry and I have been friends with Stan and his family since I moved to NY. I've helped him out whenever I could and never asked for a penny. With my background and local connections to suppliers, etc I bring a pretty good skill set to a small business looking to grow. So basically, right place at the right time. If it doesn't work out in the end, I've got some decent options for other things to do.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Mike B. said:
Echo: I can't exactly start handing out sealant but I can save you some shipping charges the next time I head up to get some Dinosaur BBQ. :D
I was just messin' with ya dude. I can't even tell you how many monkeys asked me to EP stuff for them when I was gonna open a shop :p