Quantcast

$$$ Friday MFBT GMT $$$

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
OK, I was so desperate with this weather that I went for a half hour run last night. I hate running. But I am hating this weather even worse. Beach this weekend and trail ride with Jr, beotches!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
turns out my yakuza might not be completely hosed after all! Still some cracks in the CNC, but I'mma JB weld the **** out of it and ride the morewood till I get bored.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Mornin! Booked myself a spot at the Burke Mountain campground next weekend. Looks like all my siblings may end up there with us; I shall most certainly partake in the Kingdom Trails.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
day 12 out of 21 days straight with no days off. its going to hit 100* and I'm driving the fat bus....had to transport a 260 pound poor hygiene, crappy cigarette smoking clothing reeking of cat pee woman yesterday, wonder what joy today will bring?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Life has been busy. I've been in Seattle since Monday, I think (?), but am still living out of a suitcase as the mother in law's house is just strewn with unopened boxes.

For extra stress-fun on top of figuring out my new, long commute to work, our old landlord in Long Island is trying to collect additional money beyond our security deposit. Thoughts from the peanut gallery on whether this is legit? I'm going to go ahead and just ignore them since I'm now in a different state, methinks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
our old landlord in Long Island is trying to collect additional money beyond our security deposit. Thoughts from the peanut gallery on whether this is legit? I'm going to go ahead and just ignore them since I'm now in a different state, methinks.
based on what?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Howdy all. Life has been busy. I've been in Seattle since Monday, I think (?), but am still living out of a suitcase as the mother in law's house is just strewn with unopened boxes.

For extra stress-fun on top of figuring out my new, long commute to work, our old landlord in Long Island is trying to collect additional money beyond our security deposit. Thoughts from the peanut gallery on whether this is legit? I'm going to go ahead and just ignore them since I'm now in a different state, methinks.
I think that the landlord would have to show reasons why for this (ie damage with estimate for repairs).

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
In MA, at least, he'll have to provide with a detailed list of damages in a specific amount of time, if he doesn't, he owes YOU money, technically. If he did, and you do owe, he'll still have to take you to small claims, convince the judge that you owe, convince the judge to award him damages that you owe, then convince you to pay the damages that the judge awards. It is not an easy process, and he's not likely to bother. You'd have to have really screwed up for him to chase you down.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In MA, at least, he'll have to provide with a detailed list of damages in a specific amount of time, if he doesn't, he owes YOU money, technically. If he did, and you do owe, he'll still have to take you to small claims, convince the judge that you owe, convince the judge to award him damages that you owe, then convince you to pay the damages that the judge awards. It is not an easy process, and he's not likely to bother. You'd have to have really screwed up for him to chase you down.
i'm pretty sure that's the case in most states. when we moved out of the house we were renting our landlord charged us some fees, and i made her provide me an invoice.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
alright, who wants to take bets on which group dog will eventually and inevitably wind up in - the alcoholics or the cosplayers?
Are the two mutually exclusive?

:wave:

Wife and woman-child going to Hama's house for the weekend. Just in time for the Central Valley to be near/breaking record temps. HAHA!

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
based on what?
I think that the landlord would have to show reasons why for this (ie damage with estimate for repairs).
also, it has to be damage specifically caused during your residence there. they can't charge you for routine upkeep.
She provided a list with estimated repair prices. A lot of it seems not our fault/not as portrayed, inflated, petty, or exaggerated.

As I'm across the country I'll just wait for her to try to serve me in NY small claims court. If she does I'll file a counterclaim and show up to contest it all (specifically for the fact that we had no locked door between us and the illegal downstairs tenant they moved in for about 18 months). If I'm never served I'll continue to live my life out.