Quantcast

Friday night plans...

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
I know what I'm doing tonight at 7:00pm...

Turning on the Discovery Channel for this:

Maybe I'll consume some alcohol to spice it up a bit...oh god, what to wear, what to wear!

J

JRB

Is that about the dumbass that got himself and his chick eaten???

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
And what are we going to do this Friday, Brain?

Same thing we do every Friday, Pinkie... Try and drink too much Guinness!

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
loco said:
Is that about the dumbass that got himself and his chick eaten???
GODDAMNIT!!!!!!! Way to ruin it for me...I thought it was going to end in some sort of musical number with him and the bears...then butterflies would come down from the sky and sprinkle the world with all things happy....but now that I know it ends in death, well, I guess I'll just start drinking right fvcking now. Jerk.

;)

J

JRB

While you are amazed by the Internet, I am amazed by the sheer stupidity of people that do crap like that. They think they are fvcking American Indians or something and have a bond to the wild world. Trouble is, we never heard how many Indians died while trying to become one with the wolves, or what not.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Ciaran said:
And what are we going to do this Friday, Brain?

Same thing we do every Friday, Pinkie... Try and drink too much Guinness!
'brain = brian hcm ' ??? you fuggers wait till i hit CA... burn hollywood burn :)

i ve had a couple of guinesses tonight... moved onto the franziskaner dunkel weissen :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
partsbara said:
'brain = brian hcm ' ??? you fuggers wait till i hit CA... burn hollywood burn :)

i ve had a couple of guinesses tonight... moved onto the franziskaner dunkel weissen :thumb:
These guys...

Dude, come on out to SoCal. Heck I would take a week off of work to burn Hollywood with you.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Ciaran said:
These guys...

Dude, come on out to SoCal. Heck I would take a week off of work to burn Hollywood with you.
deal... :).. if ya ever wanna throw battle axes or spears at a tree in nor cal, then i m ya man... :thumb:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
My friday - sunday looks nuts!

Going out to the bar for happy hour with some girlie :love: and buying a steelers shirt.

-Getting up early driving to cleveland to shoot the 3ride event at rays mtb park.Driving back to pittsburgh.

-Getting up early sunday and doing a LONG ride

-Watching the steelers beat the seahawks the looting pittsburgh...

have a good weekend everyone.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I really liked that movie, I think Herzog did a great job of being as objective as possible to let people draw their own conclusions. You don't have to like that guy or what he did to take something from the film. If you haven't seen it, check it out.

As for me, tonight I'm going out to celebrate something I read in the Beer and Food forum:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RAISE A GLASS TO BEER

Beer drinkers tend to get the short end of the stick. While wine
connoisseurs are thought of as chic and sophisticated, beer drinkers
are routinely portrayed as slothful, pot-bellied creatures planted in
front of TVs. In one memorable news exposé several summers ago, beer drinkers on working-class Rockaway Beach in New York City were arrested (no open containers please), while the mayor sat comfortably ensconced among wine sippers at a philharmonic orchestra concert in Central Park.

But now there's good news for beer drinkers -- it turns out that by
and large alcohol is alcohol, and socioeconomic stereotypes aside,
the health benefits of beer are not all that different from the benefits of wine. Of course the key word here is moderation -- most experts advise no more than two alcoholic beverages a day for men and
no more than one for women. So what's so good about beer?

HERE'S TO YOUR HEALTH

An increasing body of serious research backs up beer's benefits...

* Bone protection. According to a medical team at Tufts University in
Boston, beer may help prevent bone-thinning osteoporosis. Dietary
silicon in grain products such as beer appears to reduce bone loss
and promote bone formation. Beer contains silicate, a highly
absorbable form of silicon that works by facilitating the deposit of
calcium and other minerals in bone tissue. Margo A. Denke, MD,
clinical professor of medicine at the University of Texas Health
Science Center, cautions that excessive alcohol intake is a risk
factor for bad bones, perhaps because calories from nutrient sources
are replaced with calories from alcohol.

* Lower risk for cardiovascular disease. Like wine, beer has
well-documented heart-healthy benefits. Regular moderate drinking has a protective effect in both men and women against cardiovascular disease, confirms Meir J. Stampfer, MD, DrPH, chair of the department of epidemiology at the Harvard School of Public Health. He told me that moderate alcohol consumption in any form has an equivalent benefit -- "Wine is not better than beer, red wine is not better than white and spirits in moderation are also associated with lower risk."

* Better heart attack survival. A study at Beth Israel Deaconess
Medical Center in Boston noted that moderate drinkers (who consumed more than seven alcoholic beverages a week) had a 32% lower risk of
dying from a heart attack than those who drank no alcohol. Light
drinkers (less than seven drinks weekly) had a 21% lower risk. Like
other alcohol, beer acts as a blood thinner to help prevent clogged
arteries. Other research links moderate alcohol consumption with
improved blood circulation in the brain and lower risk for stroke.

* Improved cholesterol levels. In her research, Dr. Denke discovered
that people who consumed one to three drinks daily had higher levels
of HDL, the "good" cholesterol. She also found that regular moderate
intake of alcohol resulted in lower blood insulin levels. In a related
US Department of Agriculture (USDA) study, women who drank one
alcoholic beverage daily lowered their LDL ("bad") cholesterol and
levels of harmful blood lipids known as triglycerides.

* Sharper brains. In the long-term Nurses' Health Study, Dr. Stampfer and his colleagues found that moderate consumption of alcohol seemed to preserve the mental abilities of older women. From 1995 to 1999, more than 9,000 women between ages 70 and 79 were interviewed
regarding their alcohol use, and seven different tests of mental
function were administered. Moderate drinkers scored better on five
of seven tests, and on total overall scores.

* Healthier kidneys. At Harvard Medical School, Tobias Kurth, MD,
ScD, assistant professor of medicine, and his colleagues examined
data from 11,023 men enrolled in the long-term Physicians' Health
Study. Over a period of 14 years, the participants reported their
alcohol consumption and underwent regular physical exams and blood tests. Researchers found that men who consumed seven or more drinks a week experienced a 29% lower risk of developing kidney problems. (Read more about this study in Daily Health News, January 17, 2006.)

http://link.dhn.bottomlinesecrets.co...L/MG5/6C/KFR03

* Antioxidant effect. Japanese scientists have found that
antioxidants such as polyphenols in beer may offer protection against
cancer-causing chemicals. This echoes earlier research conducted in
Portugal, which suggested that antioxidants slow the proliferation of
breast cancer cells. According to Dr. Denke, isoflavonoids in beer
are phytoestrogens that mimic the activity of the natural human
hormone estrogen. In laboratory experiments, isoflavonoids have also been shown to inhibit the growth of breast, prostate and colon
cancers.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION

Promising as all this research appears, talking about alcohol always
requires special caution. It's all too easy to slip over the line
from healthful consumption to overconsumption and physical damage, warns Dr. Denke. Yes, regular moderate consumption can benefit the heart, kidneys, bones and more... but by the same token, drinking too much alcohol can seriously harm vital organs and processes in the body. While we all think of beer as having more than its fair share of calories, in fact it is not significantly higher than other forms of alcohol. As always, moderation in all things is the best path to follow.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
Crashby said:
This grizzly man guy is about the strangest and most disturbing person I have seen on television in my entire life.
I AM THE HINDU FLOATY THING'S GOFER BOY!!!!!

He is sooooooooo strange. He's a gay dude cursed with wanting to do girls. Bizarre! And Loco, of all people, even tried to warn me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
kizzi77 said:
I AM THE HINDU FLOATY THING'S GOFER BOY!!!!!

He is sooooooooo strange. He's a gay dude cursed with wanting to do girls. Bizarre! And Loco, of all people, even tried to warn me.
I bet the bears killed him because it was the only way to get him to shut the hell up. The dude had some serious mental issues.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
First of all I am pumped to see Grizzly man once it re-airs. I know the general outcome and it is to be expected, but honestly I give the man a ton of credit. Maybe I am biased because I am a wildlife major who is very interested in bears but I totally respect his dedication and trust of wildlife. While it may be hard for other people to understand wildlife can be a very important part of some peoples lives. I would personally rather risk my life to defend a great animal like grizzly bears compared to risking it to get oil for president Bush. Once again I will admit I am extremely biased when it comes to issues of natural flora and fauna.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Here I am reporting back on my friday night plans. I have drank many many Guinness (Guinnii?) and am feeeeeling pretty dang gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Where

's N8?