Quantcast

Friday Night Ride/Lake Sawyer

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
D@mn, I'm flying in on Friday, but not until 1030 p.m. I'll be in town all week if anyone is doing day or night rides. I still haven't done Green River or Mountain or whatever it is if anyone wants to do that. Bringing the snowboard too in case that's an option. Hope to get some rides in with some of you.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Vno said:
D@mn, I'm flying in on Friday, but not until 1030 p.m. I'll be in town all week if anyone is doing day or night rides. I still haven't done Green River or Mountain or whatever it is if anyone wants to do that. Bringing the snowboard too in case that's an option. Hope to get some rides in with some of you.
Oh yah! i forgot you're comin into town. Maybe if there's enough people that wanna hit Green on Sunday i'll do that....
discuss...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Oh yah! i forgot you're comin into town. Maybe if there's enough people that wanna hit Green on Sunday i'll do that....
discuss...
Me Me Me!

Oh, and Kevin too!

I have had too much coffee!!!!!!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i'm down for friday :thumb: pls expand on "coal cart" tho

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
That's funny Skooks. I'll probably be pullin' outta there about an hour earlier.
Maybe I'll hang around and give you the last minute report. Should be out there about 1:30-2 or so if you want a pre-ride with Lisa P and I.
I'm "workin' in the South end friday. uh, yeah, that's it. Workin'...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
That's funny Skooks. I'll probably be pullin' outta there about an hour earlier.
Maybe I'll hang around and give you the last minute report. Should be out there about 1:30-2 or so if you want a pre-ride with Lisa P and I.
I'm "workin' in the South end friday. uh, yeah, that's it. Workin'...
Lisa P.... i know her she's cool! i'd love to get another Icicle Creek ride with her. Yah we might just wait til 6 so Oly can make it, i'm sure conditions will be nice, we're getting a good forecast.

Toshi said:
i'm down for friday :thumb: pls expand on "coal cart" tho
oly said:
I have to see if i can get the hall pass. I could probably make 6:00 if i remember how to get there.
Ok the coal cart.... There are two coal cart signs welcoming you to the sleepy old mining town of Black Diamond. Both are on Highway 169, the one where the small parking area is located at is next to the south end cart.

From the North
Get to 405.
In Renton get on 169 (highway goes to Maple Valley/Black Diamond/Enumclaw so it changes names of respective towns the entire stretch....)
After passing 516/Kent Kangley road you're getting warm
You'll pass SE 288th you're gettin warmer
Within a half mile you'll head up a small hill at the top to your right.
Coal Cart parking....

From the South
Get on Highway 18 heading East/North
Pass Auburn
Take 516/Kent Kangley road exit
Take right (head east)
Hang a right on 169 should be called Maple Valley Black Diamond Road at that point...
You'll pass SE 288th you're gettin warmer
Within a half mile you'll head up a small hill at the top to your right.
Coal Cart parking....

Time depends on if Oly can make it. So either 5 or 6

:dancing:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Start early as you want. Ill be working. I have a sh!t list to take care of before years end. I cant flake on it, and right now im behind...... I promise after the new year things will slacken up for me. Plus night riding is no fun unless your being pounded on by a winter storm......

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
if this ride's still on i can provide a lift for 2 or maybe 3 others from seattle. this thing is the only activity i have planned for friday and classes are out... :D

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Skooks, Lisa and I will possibly hang around. It get's dark about 4 or so. And, I was not planning on bringing lights. (Other than the safety one in my pack for rides this time of year.) If I don't see ya, have a great ride.
I'm out for Saturday. Baker calls. (Yeah, I'll drive 3 hours to ride there. But, not 2 hours to ride Green.) Go figure.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I suppose you guys had a pretty good ride? I saw Dave at work earlier(I'm sure he told you!)and I did get his call.

W rode the new trail across the road first. (Do yourself a favor and ride ithe lollipop loop clockwise. We did CCW and it was baaad. Talking with Peter later at the shop confirmed that.
It's apretty fun trail and about 2-3 miles? There's a new loop that's real tech that has been added and we did not take that.

Crossed the street and did the bridges loop. As you know, it really needs help. We moved maybe 2trees and cleared some other bad spots as we rode.
It's in bad need of cleaning up. Fun ride though.
Drove back by the spot just before 5 and noone was there yet...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Attack of the frog!!!!!!

haha my feet are webbed after riding thru the lake. :)

WAS GREAT RIDING WITH YOU AGAIN BLACK SUNSHINE AND MEETIN YOUR PAL DAVE TOO! :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
was nice to meet you as well, black sunshine.