Quantcast

** Friday something something... **

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
was that just getting to/from your car ? I got soaked just going from my car to the office door .
Funny you should ask. I got out of my car, opened my cheap umbrella, and the wind actually tore my umbrella in half and sent it flying. I suppose that's what I get for being a pussy and using an umbrella?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i got jalapenos. best i could do. why don't you go drive your minivan to soccer practice

He is a truck guy now. He is probably driving to get a few tons of gravel or haul a trailer full of rodeo bulls.

But most likely drive to Bed Bath and Beyond with a bed as vacant as his trousers.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
-15C here, +5C in the arctic. Yaay weather. Still super infected by some German Germs.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
The weekend is upon us like something something.

Going skiing with the lady mañana. Wanted to take her on a smoke shack tour at Eldo but not sure there will be enough snow in the woods. :/

The only definite tonight is a med-high level of debauchery and maybe a dance party with some Burners.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
hell no, some of my engineers blew up their budget and I haven't skied in weeks or ridden a bike in forever.
What's going on over in your neck of the woods?
Design-build portion of my project is being rejected by the clients engineer, repeatedly, senior management keeps jerking around with my project team, site supervision is suffering as a result, I’ve inherited a project with a budget which was built with some VERY selective understanding of the project requirements, etc...

I pine for a return to work on the client’s side... gotta add some more letters after my name, methinks. My patience is running low.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Late checking in. Started the day off with a huge group workout with everyone at work, Followed by breakfast with the boss. Now just waiting for noon to hit because we are having a potluck then going home early.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got the Subaru back. It works but we won't really know until the next mountain trip as the throttle issues really arise at altitude.

I find great amusement when the service guy tries to sell a service that is unnecessary assuming no knowledge of cars. I let them run for a bit then drop the "you're talking to a knowledgeable person" bomb. Guy told me the air and cabin filters needed to be replaced, which I challenged because I replaced them Monday. I had him flush the tranny because it's a pita to do it on your own. He quoted me some egregious amount that I waited for him to break into parts and labor before letting him know fluids and crush washers were in the trunk; just that putting fluid into the transmission is a bitch so I wanted them to do it.

Had the service manager call me to clarify something (this tends to happen at Subaru) and he started trying to over sell things that don't need to happen. Just start replacing things until we get the throttle issue resolved, of course starting with the most expensive. "Changing the sparks isn't on schedule until 60k and I'm not getting any misfire codes. You know if that was the issue we would be getting codes." Just changes the conversation, billing, etc. Costs just magically seem to go down.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Rental picked up: Dodge Charger. Feels like a very long, dark pillbox inside.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
snow has persisted enough that i have decided i will be leaving work early to get the kids and head home. but gotta wait till after nap time (theirs, not mine)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Design-build portion of my project is being rejected by the clients engineer, repeatedly, senior management keeps jerking around with my project team, site supervision is suffering as a result, I’ve inherited a project with a budget which was built with some VERY selective understanding of the project requirements, etc...

I pine for a return to work on the client’s side... gotta add some more letters after my name, methinks. My patience is running low.
I recently switched from supplier to customer. My stress levels went from "I will probably die from a heart attack in 6 months" to "what is stress".

Life is a lot more fun when you get paid to make snarky comments in design reviews instead of tearing your hair out preparing for design reviews.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
We were supposed to get a foot today...2" fizzle out. That being said, there is TONS of snow above 8k feet. Gonna be a late riding season for the high country on bikes, methinks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

Got a call late yesterday for a face to face interview on Tuesday. Yay, a paycheck sure would be a nice change.