Quantcast

##Friday the Rabbi went hungry GMT##

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. Flying to SF for the weekend. Wedding Saturday, who knows Sunday, fly home Monday evening. No baby or Wifey for a week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning y'all. Nasty bug has been going around the office, think I caught it but I seem to have powered throught it in a few days. Seems my immune system was happy to have something to beat up on other than my skin and joints. Good thing to, Shenandoah Mountain 100 on Sunday, looks like it is going to be a wet one.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i might have to split this between this year and next...

vacation route so far.....18 general locations...2866 miles...

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Hai. So... definitely won't be working here any more after September 30 when our management contract expires with the building owners, who have a new guy running the show, who looks like Robert DeNiro...as the Penguin in Batman, and he sounds like he's going to change everthing here, and not necessarily for the better. I'm still hoping to get a job with the company I currently work for... it just depends on whether or not they are able to purchase a new property for our team... *sigh* it's not easy playing the waiting game... :shout:

Also... we had a flash flood in the parking lot last night--I filled my boots on my way to the car!!!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Met PolandSpring88 for his introductory "welcome to Colorado, start climbing" ride. After an early, umm, adjustment he was fine. :D He's one of those fit healthy youngster types. Anyway, good climb, long descent, winner winner.

Sorry SS, we'll hit up DC soon.

OK, time to get some work done.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Met PolandSpring88 for his introductory "welcome to Colorado, start climbing" ride. After an early, umm, adjustment he was fine. :D He's one of those fit healthy youngster types. Anyway, good climb, long descent, winner winner.
PS - Those rides are fun aren't they? I only thought my heart was going to explode like 10 times in the first 500 yeards.

Nick - Where'd you take him? White Ranch at 12:00pm in 97* weather? Because only a bastard would do that.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
No. (although the thought crossed my mind)
We hit Apex: argos> pick'n'sledge> sluicebox> up apex> down EF>down the gut. It was cool and overcast when we started, pretty hot by the time we started to head down.

route.jpg
Maybe of interest to you: he rides a single ring up front, so 33x34 is his granny. I think he's crazy and he definitely worked/suffered a bit, but in the end he climbed everything.

Hopefully he chimes in ... my guess is he's taking a nap.

Last edited:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Checking in! Had to go get a dining room table when I got back, part of that happy wife (she wishes) happy life thing.

That was a damned good ride. After the barfies things were much better. I can't wait to get out and do some more, that climb was a bear but manageable. Thanks for showing me around Nick!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
PS - Those rides are fun aren't they? I only thought my heart was going to explode like 10 times in the first 500 yeards.

Nick - Where'd you take him? White Ranch at 12:00pm in 97* weather? Because only a bastard would do that.
It was only after I pulled some east coast sh!t and hammered up a section that I realized we weren't in Massachusetts anymore and I still had to climb a pile after that. Rookie mistake. :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Patience young grasshopper, he's only been in town 2 days.
i asked my brother about keeping a bike in colorado in his garage for when i visit....between the moto..his bikes/wives bikes...landcruiser....no room in the inn.

i'd probably die anyway.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
No. (although the thought crossed my mind)
We hit Apex: argos> pick'n'sledge> sluicebox> up apex> down EF>down the gut. It was cool and overcast when we started, pretty hot by the time we started to head down.

View attachment 114296
Maybe of interest to you: he rides a single ring up front, so 33x34 is his granny. I think he's crazy and he definitely worked/suffered a bit, but in the end he climbed everything.

Hopefully he chimes in ... my guess is he's taking a nap.
Jeezus. That's a quality "welcome to Colorado" ride.

Oh - and you bastids can f**k off. :D

Deer Crik was $$ this morning. Deserted. Just the way it should be...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i look like that dealing with people.

Last edited: